silverGPXs Ride

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bjk
Totes
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: silverGPXs Ride

Post by bjk »

Here's a bunch haha. Some were too big to attach.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Gah! Makes me not want to sell lol
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

silverGPX wrote:Gah! Makes me not want to sell lol
Yeah, it's a hard one. I figure I'll be keeping mine for a long time. I just figure even if it's not easy, I'm always seeing people come back to the FTO so I may as well hold onto it. :lol:

Also helps when Laszlo's 6A13 swapped track car is still FWD and beating all manner of what might be considered "better" cars times. (911, Impreza STi, GC8, M3, M5, Celica GT4)
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Yeah, just don't sell :p
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Nah I've gotta 3 cars is just dumb and I'm still spending money on the FTO instead of the evo
shiggz
Grease Monkey

Post by shiggz »

ahahahaha I just realised..... why is your wiper in the middle of your windscreen (in like all the photos)?? And why is there only 1 hahaha :cyclopsani:
Sututututuuuuu

silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Because it's a race car
shiggz
Grease Monkey

Post by shiggz »

Oh yeah true.. haven't seen a pic like that in ages, didn't even click hahaha
Aerodynamics bruh 8)
Sututututuuuuu

silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Passenger doesn't need to see out :)
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Well so far over the last year i haven't achieved much, its been sitting in the shed collecting dust, but i've had some time over last couple of months and started to dedicate some time to it.

Things i've accomplished

-Facelift headlight conversion
-taken projector lenses out and painted the backgrounds in teal
-put pre-facelift headlight covers onto facelift housings (better condition)
-things left to do include finding a parker bulb holder for these as they didn't come with any and redo the wiring
from where they were originally down at the front bar, probably get some sort of plug block as i need to redo the
wiring for the MG clear indicators

-Completed LSD Gearbox Conversion
-Rear main seal done at the same time
-Drive Shaft and input shaft seals replaced
-New Cv's and boots for inner and outer
-Fresh Nulon Gearbox Oil
-New Reverse light switch

-Diagnosed engine-nonstarting issue from pretty much a year of not starting :roll: :roll:
-IFS Sensor found as culprit (waiting on Stuart to send me one of his off wreck, thanks mate!)

-Engine Stuff
-Removed leaky Oil Cooler and associated lines
-Replace and Resealed sump
-Fresh Coolant, Oil & Oil Filter
-New Hose Clamps all round

-Cosmetic Items and other sh*t
-Today installed Facelift Door cards
-Installed Both sides of Facelift Rheo (really need the central part to complete)
-New Rear backseat clip (need the another one - lower half never clipped down
-When I changed the gearbox - totally degreased the engine (holy sh*t man so much oil)
-Pulled out all my crappy noob stereo wiring from when i was 19 (i really suprised myself, speakerwires outside of the rubber piping from the doors :lol: :lol:

So far on the list i have yet to do (probably take another couple months)

-Get another backseat clip
-Find new door cups (if you have any new ones or absolutely mint ones let me know)
-Receive a bunch of misc clips, screws & nuts from Stuart to fix all my stuff ups over the years
-Replace the heatercore, Again! 3rd time! 4th time lucky i hope
-Seat covers (Front seats look horrendous)
-Purchase or hopefully find a middle section of a facelift rheo
-Swap Cheap filth but good tread tyres that they put onto the Evo for compliance onto the Rotas - probably get some PS3's for the EVO
-Buy a floor console
-Clean seatbelts so they retract quicker (for rwc)
-Rip out interior (Clean all the things - take out amp power wires and other dodgy stereo sh*t i've put in.
-Swap bonnet, stock steering wheel (if i can find one cheap) for RWC
-add Resonator onto the exhaust and fix the mounts up (wobbles about and bashes on the swaybar

Will upload random pics soon
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Nice work!
I keep thinking that you've sold this car, but have been surprised when I'm reminded that you haven't.
But with that list, I can only think that you'd be preparing to sell it?
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Think that's still his plan. Personally I wouldn't be bothered with changing a lot of stuff though. :lol: