The mrs ride

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Taz
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

The mrs ride

Post by Taz »

So with all the things lined up and plans for the car i thought id start a thread to keep track and have a future reference in case we ever sell etc

Heres a few pics of the car in its current state - which is still in ACT for another few days till its picked up and delivered.
vgC1tfW.jpg
mnxab8S.jpg
D1Ox8BH.jpg
4rRwpKi.jpg
CAIf45h.jpg
I managed to pick up the car for $1000 - so very cheap considering.
Pro's are it has a straight body, paint is in good nick - with only a few minor barely noticeable scratches, new battery, new tyres and of course - the price.
Cons are it has a broken centre console, stereo console (although only one clean crack) and a leaking water pump, sump has dents and a stripped plug and rocker gaskets.
I have many goodies from the GPR that ive set aside to put into it, as well as many things already ordered.
Things i already have are:
- GPR door cards without the material on them - with carbon wrapped handles and new door cups.
- Stereo and lots of it - double din JVC touchscren DVD/GPS etc head unit with pioneer tweeters, kicker crossovers and pioneer splits (which will be replaced to match the quality of the system - they are a bit lacking compared to the rest) kicker 6x9's a 4 channel JVC 1000w touring amp, kicker 350w rms monoblock, slimline kicker sub and a capacitor to power it all. Much much better than the cardboard stock speakers we would otherwise endure :)
- unbroken centre console
- new carpet
- new drift bucket seats
- weather strips
- new sump
Also ordered a complete engine gasket/seal kit, water pump, timing kit, all tensioners and pulleys, new spark plugs, oil/fuel/air filter synthetic oils, thermostat housing, magnetic sump plug and belts for it (mostly from camskill) which will be done before it goes for its roady.
Have ordered a viper 5904 alarm system as well, so unlike my GPR which didnt even have central locking it will have keyless entry/remote start etc :)
Mrs is worried that having "all these fancy things" like fold up mirrors/climate control/remote start etc she will get to used to them and complain when in other cars etc :lol:

Not much will be done in the way of modifications as its for the mrs daily, and the last thing i want is for her to be hassled by the cops on my behalf. So no tinting, lowering etc. More focused on keeping the car in mint shape and as reliable as can be.
Might do a facelift conversion - while i have everything needed ready to go it is intended for Maverick - so we will see.
Apart from whats mentioned it will pretty much be left as is.

First on the list when i get it is to install everything ive just mentioned, recondition the engine and clean the engine bay thoroughly while the engine/box is out and keep it that way!
Will be posting pics and details of everything i do along the way so stay tuned ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Re: The mrs ride

Post by Technikhaus »

Oooh, looks quite clean!
A nice little project :)
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Cheers :) I thought so too - no noticeable dings, paint looks good and a few small things wrong that are easily and cheaply enough replaced. Also just noticed it has a rear wiper as well! Score!
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

$20 and you can have my spare drivers seat
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Sahin wrote:$20 and you can have my spare drivers seat
But I need the seatbelt plug!
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

That looks sweet man! Can't believe you got it for $1000... May have a leaking water pump but fuaaaark, good deal! :)
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Yep, just couldnt pass it up - even if im paying 740 to get it delivered, i still come out way on top. Mrs will be happy - so will i :D
The main mission for me will be keeping it in mint condition, and since im replacing and doing a LOT of things myself i know ill have a good platform to start on.
Ordered in some new exhaust rubbers for 11 bucks as well - as no doubt at 175km theyll be getting pretty tired (even mine were starting to show it at 150)
KyzPride
Grease Monkey

Post by KyzPride »

Yay black :)
...how much to bring it to Qld???
destinationtoby
Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

KyzPride wrote:Yay black :)

Taz wrote:im paying 740 to get it delivered,
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
KyzPride
Grease Monkey

Post by KyzPride »

destinationtoby wrote:
KyzPride wrote:Yay black :)

Taz wrote:im paying 740 to get it delivered,
Ah thanks missed that
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Well done Taz, can't wait to see the progress.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Nice progress mate
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
bjk
Totes