Lawso's 3rd FTO

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Lawso
Penis Fingers
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Lawso's 3rd FTO

Post by Lawso »

dstocks wrote:That paint has come up well. Looks smick
It is a bit dirty, just wait for it to be cut and polished, and the interior steam cleaned and rug doctor'd :twisted:
Daniel2019 wrote: The engine bay looks pretty clean too.
Got Josh to clean that up when everything was out, and tidied up a ton of wiring too. need to low the front though. The back is perfect, front is ridiculously high
Lawso
Penis Fingers

Post by Lawso »

Woken up this morning to be told the hydraulic tensioner has shat itself. :cheers:

Oem 370 bucks
Dayco equivalent, 116.

That was an easy decision.
Lawso
Penis Fingers

Post by Lawso »

I really need to finish the write up on this. it's been way way waaaayyyy too long. Where were we...

I don't think there was too much extra work after the hydraulic tensioner shat itself...front hub bearings were fucked, so replaced those, Car was converted to a manual, lost the f**king ECU somewhere, haven't been able to find it for a year...So just tapped the auto ECU. Had a suspension issue sorted, a power issue to the front bank of coils which was resolved, Also had to get rid of roof rust for blue slip. here is out dodgy attempt at doing that...

and the final bill

And she was ready for blue slip.
Car failed on tyres and a seatbelt not retracting, so grabbed some stock tyres off astron, swapped them out, replaced the seatbelt, and got it passed picked up an unregistered vehicle permit to get the car down to the bonfire. Best feeling walking out of the RTA with the paperwork, so much I pulled a "oh what a feeling" screaming "f**k YEAH" while a mother and her 2 young daughters walked past, and gave me a dirty. Not sure if because I swore, or that she'd never seen someone walk out of an RTA happy. drove her home via the longest route possible, then drove to Clovelly beach and took some sneaky pics.

Was about the happiest day of the year.
Then went about swapping out bits and pieces to prepare for the bonfire which took me another day. Swapped the carbon fibre VR wing onto it, EVO 17's ,mahoosive pot filter, strut braces etc. can't remember everything at the moment. But here are some pics anyway

And then the bonfire. god that was fun this year.

The car then came back and sat in the driveway for months due to TAFE commitments, and not having much of a job while studying, which was okay, was driving around in a little AE102r roller with hectic 15's and blinding HID's.
Finished TAFE with straight distinctions, and then I don't really know what happened in the mid part of this year, but I waited on my tax return to afford the whole years rego, and another blue slip.
Threw the standard tyres and rims back on, but got done for roof rust again. so grinded it back again and attempted a black vinyl roof (que bennoz sniggering)

then went and had the front bar sprayed to match the car

Was a few hundred short of rego. luckily, a bloke in an FG xr6 hit the back of the corolla in the sport where it was already damaged. Was going to let him go if he pulled over, but he legged it on Cleveland street. Then may or may not have GTA5'd it to catch up to him.

A week later, had money for corolla repairs

Aaaaaaaaaand the FTO was registered! \o/

couldn't put the plates on the car, forgot a screwdriver, so drove it home with no plates (f**k) and had exactly 2.65 to my name. But the car was on the road, and I'd been the happiest that I'd been all year

She became a camera whore, and I drove her all around NSW. From wagga to Cessnock, a few natio runs, a galson gorge run, a putty road run, a Wisemans ferry run all in the first month I had her registered. My birthday week went from Sydney to moss vale, to Canberra, to Wagga, to Canberra, to Batemans bay, to Canberra, to Wollongong, to Sydney, to central coast, and back to Sydney. all in the space of about 5 days.

Then just before the October long weekend, went up to the central coast to meet a mate, parked in a car park, and had 3 separate people come up to me and have a chant about the car, 2 of whom knew nothing about cars. It was so gratifying having all my hard work appreciated. At the time made it all worthwhile.

The Friday of the long weekend, went around to a mates place for a few beers and some games before heading up to Bens new place in Kariong for his housewarming party. Car was filled, washed, polished, cleaned, looking at good as it could with the shithouse roof vinyl job it had.
Woken up at 4am to this

I proceeded to lose my sh*t at the driver, break his face, and wake up a street, and charged with assault and grievous bodily harm \o/. charges were dropped though. went through about 12 cans while giving my statement to the cops, didn't sleep. It was as though my whole world was torn apart.

went to the tow yard a few days later to inspect the damage.

the whole car has stretched around the impact point, floor is creased from the drivers rear to the front passenger firewall, parcel shelf warped, lower trailing arm ripped out, suspension tower pushed in even though there was a strut brace, and heaps more damage. A brand new stereo surround cracked. The pics speak for themselves.

got her towed home, where she now sits. Paid out $6500 from insurance, also bought this

Don't entirely know what is next, but I've been a wreck. For this, I apologise to anyone I have been unfriendly to in the past few months, I haven't been myself, and have been so out of character it's scared me.
That's about it hey...
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

:(

I feel so bad for you :(
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
JaseNZ
Apprentice

Post by JaseNZ »

Didn't know you lost your sh*t at them, and about charges against you.
Then again if it happened to me I'd probably beat the sh*t out of the guy too.
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

That was actually genuinely touching :lol:

Seriously though, I feel terrible for you man. At least you got a healthy payout! All the best with the new ride and hopefully a new FTO :)
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Thanks for the write up Lawso.

While reading it I was happy and exciting and then further on the story became quite upsetting.

Feelin' for ya.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

I was in such a happy and pleasant mood until the end. that sucks mate was really starting to look the part as well
gotta get there one day :)
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Above sentiments, man. Terrible to have something you had only just completed taken away by no fault of your own.