Max's FTO

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

MaxD
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Max's FTO

Post by MaxD »

It's just got a red blended orange section. The indicator is still orange, else yes, it would get you pinged. Also, I use 5050 SMD LED bulbs throughout the entire car, apart from the OEM D2S HID's and the main beam. So the indicators are actually brighter than standard which makes all the difference with this type of tint. In case I have a problem, I still have my mint tail lights.

Most people over here tint black and are surprised when the get pulled. I'll see if I can find what I originally had - which was 100% ok in the winter due to the sun level. In the summer, I almost had a police car drive into the back of me. I was asked to remove the tint instantly or get a fine and car off the road.

Variant 1: Legal - what you're looking at is the FlyEyes kit. It's a honeycomb structure and gives a overall lighter look. However... When you polish the car, the polish gets stuck in the honeycomb and for me it wasn't dark enough. I was also trial fitting the GPvR spoiler (which I sold for AU $700 delivered), spoilerless and original. I decided original looked the best. :)

Variant 2: Illegal

Variant 2: Less Illegal - barely got by with the red reflective material on the inside edges.

Variant 3: Legal because the reflective material met the minimum requirements for an MOT/VOSA, however brake lights were invisible during the daylight.

Variant 4 is what you see in red and everything is still visible.
MaxD
Grease Monkey

Post by MaxD »

I've got a new addition to add to the family... It hasn't arrived yet, but it's a good'un! Ralliart front strut brace! It will match the rear one nicely. I may also have a pair of alloy seat belt guides to look lovingly at by the end of the week if everything goes to plan. Photo's of both will be put up as soon as I take delivery/make payment. :)
Doobs
Apprentice

Post by Doobs »

MaxD wrote:Yep, I'll stick the guides here seeing as I'm not a mod and thus can't post in the DIY section. :( They've all got a green rating as dead simple. :)
I won't add the passenger one-touch just yet as haven't been allowed to post it on the FTOOC forum yet as it's supposed to go in to the 2nd edition of the digital magazine. I wrote is almost 2 years ago... :(
I found these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-X-Red-T5-N ... 2c748d9475 to be a better option for the aircon LCD as they sit further away from the screen. This fixes the spotting effect.
MaxD
Grease Monkey

Post by MaxD »

Since writing the guide, I moved across to SMD bulb type for the aircon, but haven't updated the document. Also, the SMD neo-wedge is rather expensive ($13 AUD for 1 over here!), but it would complete the guide... When I've got the time, I'll change it.
MaxD
Grease Monkey

Post by MaxD »

It's taken me over a year, but I finally manage to source, polish to a mirror shine and fit these fellers about an hour ago. :)

Last edited by MaxD on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaxD
Grease Monkey

Post by MaxD »

Another new addition as of Sunday just gone. I modified the bracket so that I kept the rubber bonnet stop. :)

I also found a rather rare Ralliart front brace to match my rear one. 8)