ElBanana

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

elbanana
jedwabna poszewka promocja

ElBanana

Post by elbanana »

Hi everyone, I got a couple of pics, she is still in the garage almost ready to go as you can probly see. It seems like its one little thing wrong with it after another :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Earthbornseven
Apprentice

Re: ElBanana

Post by Earthbornseven »

WTTC!

What are your plans for it?
elbanana

Post by elbanana »

Thank you :D

At the moment, I'm just trying to get it going again. I'm a fairly limited mechanic so I will be able to get it going again, but i dont know about much more then that. I try to do my own repairs but am very new to actually putting anything extra into cars. Hopefully I can learn more eventually
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Looks like a very neat little project! I'm sure you'll get it running no worries, can't wait to see what you can do with it! :)
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
elbanana

Post by elbanana »

Good news everyone, the cars back on the road. Finally got it done. Most of the time was just waiting for a part to arrive here. For a car that came with a road worthy when I bought it, there sure were a lot of problems. I've had to replace more on this at once then any car I've owned, and theres still more to go.

I have a couple of questions though, Its an auto car, and I noticed it shoots through its gears really quickly, like im in 4th gear going 20 km/h. The triptonic thing isnt much better, it revs high when I change gears normally. (I think my accelrator cable may be set a little tight because I notice it idles pretty high.) Is the gear thing normal?

The other thing is my door locks when I put the car in gear (and stays locked occasionally even when I go to get out, it wasnt fun trying to squeeze across the passenger seat) so is the door locking an fto thing or is the central locking trolling me?

Sorry for the newbish questions, the most exotic car Ive ever owned is a magna

ObsidianRadio: Haha yeah everyone keeps asking if its going to be my project car and what are my plans for it. Im still not sure what Im doing with it yet, I hope to learn more mechanical stuff on this car though
Noddy
Apprentice

Post by Noddy »

"I have a couple of questions though, Its an auto car, and I noticed it shoots through its gears really quickly, like im in 4th gear going 20 km/h."

I had this problem when I first got my car as it had never been driven over 60mph.My car was owned by a 60 yr old lady!!
I did an ecu reset, and then drove the car on the TIP/ manual side of the box for a week. You need to teach the autobox your style of driving.

To reset the ecu....
Remove both battery straps + & - from the battery itself
switch on lights to totally drain any power from the system
leave for 5 minutes, then turn light position to off
Connect battery, put key in ignition and turn to first position
turn off air/radio, make sure no appliances are running
Start car,do not use gas pedal!
let the engine run for 15 minutes till engine is nice and warm
Take for a "spirited " drive

You will still probably have to use the manual/TIP side of the box for a week or so, until the gearbox "learns" the way you drive.

Hope this helps ;)

As soon as I start my car, the central locking kicks in, and only kicks back out when I have put the car in "park". I have found this to be pretty normal on FTOs, you can always "flick" your door lock bar over yourself to let passengers out lol, but be advised to put your drivers window down when getting out of the car with the engine running, as the doors will relock within a minute, and unless you have the spare key with you, you will spend 10 minutes with a wire coat-hanger getting back into your car. I did this when getting ready to leave the JAE in the UK last year, so be aware !!!

Oh, and get some rust killer down where you have removed the air filter, while you are at it, have a look under the battery tray and fuse box, as the flitch rots badly there, your drivers side flitch is looking good :)

Safe journeys mate

Enjoy the drive :thumright:
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

For one, 4 speeds wont go into 4th unless you are doing around 42-43km/h.

Second, you don't need to reset the ECU. Just drive it around in tip for a while.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.