Jason's GPX

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Jasonp
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Jason's GPX

Post by Jasonp »

Hi all,
So after owning my FTO for roughly 2 years now, and since my computer has crashed on me for the second time which had a decent record of everything I had done to it, I thought that I'd finally start a thread. So to start off, I picked up my '94 GPX for $11,500 without RWC in May 2014. It had around 163,000km on it at the time. Must say, was after a Supra :eye: but not having the money and no job back then I decided to get this to start off with. And I’ve loved it to bits ever since :) . The bloke I bought it off told me that the two lines of rust on the roof was from the previous owner from where he used to store it in the garage. Found out what it actually was after finding and joining this forum a couple of weeks later which was quite disappointing but meh :roll: . So yeah it was in decent nic other than the roof and it was pretty much stock other than rims, strut bar and a carbon fibre looking stereo facia and a fully hektik plastic chrome intake, or so I was told.
10362949_794799537198454_566798034_n.jpg
10385082_794822360529505_1914780414_n.jpg
Ok so to start off with, after picking it up had to spend another $810 on it for new bushes, link rods, wiper motor, engine mounts, few other bits and pieces and RWC. My mechanic also pointed out that it had extractors. The extractors are light blue so think they might be hurricane extractors? Not sure. Also found out after attending an FTO cruise a couple of months later, that it had also been lowered with king springs. Only noticed this after comparing with other FTO’s.

Since then I've done a bit to it.

Managed to pickup a set of EVO VIII Enkei Rims for $400, which I then bought a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE003 semi-slicks for, for another $630.
Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 4.47.39 PM.png
Also managed to pickup a second hand HKS Super Drager catback for $70+$70 postage from Sydney. Put this on with a new Magnaflow 200 cell catalytic converter which I got new for another $140. Its pretty loud but I love the rasp :D .
Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 5.04.31 PM.png
Done a few other small things like, slotted front brakes, replacing the crappy chrome plastic intake that has held on with duck tape and cable ties with the standard airbox/pipe (thanks to Dwayne) with a K&N panel filter and grabbing some Japanese size plates from Vicroads (which I’ve even been pulled over for and managed to cop some attitude for having a “gimmick” on my car…). Cleaned up my headlights at the DIY day a while back as well. Might have to do it again soon as its slowly reappearing.
Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 5.06.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 5.08.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 5.09.36 PM.png
There's also this... :lol:
11425118_1012566495421756_2424539979670383230_o.jpg
Have also managed to acquire a few parts such as a set of facelift headlights, black slam panel, facelift front bar with rheo and foglights off a Version R, as well as a TS pre-facelift front bar from Toby who sold it to me as ready for paint which was an absolute joke :x . All the mounting points were broken and it pretty much looked like he literally ripped it off his car. Bought it for $260 from him and didn’t even bother replying to my fb message after it was severely damaged in post. Was prepared to swap it for a stock pre-facelift bar in good condition with Maxim but even he wouldn’t take it (which I don’t blame him for obv) so now it just sits there.
13052494_1185683978110006_1546258339_o.jpg
Now have my 200,000km service coming up, which I have managed to gather all the parts for. Just need to save up a bit more to actually get them put on. Ordered it from a website called VIAMOTO. The bloke who runs it used to run the parts area for the FTO at Camskill. He then left and opened this up. Legend of a bloke, even called me up to confirm my order and had a little chat with him. Also a thanks to Ben who pointed me out in the right direction to part numbers and what seals to order. Only problem I had was with customs, who charged me almost $400 in customs charges :x as the parts I had ordered were above the value of $1000… Note for next time. Simply just order parts in 2 lots…

So far, have loved owning my FTO. Don’t think I’ll be getting rid of it anytime soon. From here, I hope to some how in some way manage to get a Version R wing from someone and also put on the Version R bar with the fog lights and facelift headlights. Maybe get around to fixing the roof one day if it gets really bad (has not changed since I’ve owned it).

But yeah thats my FTO so far and this is how it stands atm. :D
Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 5.21.45 PM.png
Ps. Sorry for the massive intro.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jasonp on Mon May 10, 2021 11:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
DODO``
Grease Monkey

Re: Jason' GPX

Post by DODO`` »

Very nice,
How did you get the Jap style number plate? looks awesome.
Jasonp
Apprentice

Re: Jason' GPX

Post by Jasonp »

Thanks!

Ordered them from VicRoads the day they came out haha. They fit so well.
DODO``
Grease Monkey

Re: Jason's GPX

Post by DODO`` »

wow its legal too. awesome. wonder if we have something like that in NSW..
mezje
Mechanic

Post by mezje »

Finally a thread! Car is looking sick man, so it was you who picked up that bumper eh.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Nice progress so far. :thumleft: nice pickup with those rotors, and the facelift bar.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
mezje
Mechanic

Post by mezje »

bjk wrote:Nice progress so far. :thumleft: nice pickup with those rotors, and the facelift bar.
He has a TS prefacelift that Toby sold to him broken, tried fitting it to my car and literally every bracket is snapped, looks like it was ripped off the car.
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Nice work, glad to see another one being looked after!
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Jasonp
Apprentice

Post by Jasonp »

mezje wrote:Finally a thread! Car is looking sick man, so it was you who picked up that bumper eh.
Yeah took me a while haha. Thanks! Most definitely was, was more after the wing but that got sold too quickly :cry:
mezje wrote:
bjk wrote:Nice progress so far. :thumleft: nice pickup with those rotors, and the facelift bar.
He has a TS prefacelift that Toby sold to him broken, tried fitting it to my car and literally every bracket is snapped, looks like it was ripped off the car.
this ^^^ :cyclopsani:
Jasonp
Apprentice

Post by Jasonp »

Technikhaus wrote:Nice work, glad to see another one being looked after!
Thanks guys, appreciate it!
destinationtoby
Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

mezje wrote:

Bulshit u fkn parrot. The first message I got from him said it was snapped in half upon arrival. Now it's just the brackets? Why would u try n fit a bumper on your car that's snapped in two?
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
Jasonp
Apprentice

Post by Jasonp »

Never said it snapped in half on arrival. In my message, which you saw but never responded to, I said it was damaged heavily as a chunk roughly the size of your palm snapped off on the side of it. I noticed this once I started unwrapping the first little bit of it. Took pictures of the damage (while the rest of it was still wrapped up) and then sent a message to you. Waited a while for a response and then realised your were never going to respond. So then unwrapped the rest of it to find practically all the mounting brackets damaged in some way. This damage was not from transit. Toby PM if you want to talk. Don't want to flood this thread with rubbish.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Oh well you know for next time to get new detailed pictures of any items you buy second hand. The mounting brackets always snap, the plastic or whatever is so thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jasonp
Apprentice

Post by Jasonp »

silverGPX wrote:Oh well you know for next time to get new detailed pictures of any items you buy second hand. The mounting brackets always snap, the plastic or whatever is so thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, most definitely have learnt my lesson. Was definitely not ready for paint as I was told it would be.

I've made sure that the I've got decent pictures of any damage, and made sure the person I am buying my next item off is actually a decent bloke and also knows how to wrap something up.
destinationtoby
Broke it

:lol:
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

20 year old parts bud.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Daniel2019 wrote:20 year old parts bud.
Lancer guys like this :lol:
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Actually, not 20 year old parts. This is one of the the prefacelift TS Factory, so no more than a year old (Picture is a bit misleading - the TS is the one behind the Factory Facelift in front). It should not have snapped off the brackets unless mistreated in some way. And besides, if the bar was advertised as being sold in good condition, it should have arrived in good condition. And if it hasnt, both parties should be coming to a negotiated outcome.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    destinationtoby
    Broke it

dstocks wrote:Actually, not 20 year old parts. This is one of the the prefacelift TS Factory, so no more than a year old (Picture is a bit misleading - the TS is the one behind the Factory Facelift in front). It should not have snapped off the brackets unless mistreated in some way. And besides, if the bar was advertised as being sold in good condition, it should have arrived in good condition. And if it hasnt, both parties should be coming to a negotiated outcome.
    It arrived in good condition. All pictures provided before hand, it arrived exactly as advertised.
    mezje
    Mechanic

Post by mezje »

destinationtoby wrote:
    dstocks wrote:Actually, not 20 year old parts. This is one of the the prefacelift TS Factory, so no more than a year old (Picture is a bit misleading - the TS is the one behind the Factory Facelift in front). It should not have snapped off the brackets unless mistreated in some way. And besides, if the bar was advertised as being sold in good condition, it should have arrived in good condition. And if it hasnt, both parties should be coming to a negotiated outcome.
    It arrived in good condition. All pictures provided before hand, it arrived exactly as advertised.
    In photos it appears fine but the holes where things go through are all snapped and would need to be plastic welded, the corner of the bumper also snapped (I assume in transit)? Believe me I wanted the bumper and tried to fit it but everything to do with mounting it was broken, which I highly doubt happened in postage, it really looks like it was yanked from a car.

Regardless, insurance should've been taken out on the postage...