who is your mech?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Jono
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Jono »

hmmmmm not sure cant remember... i drive around there quite a bit...

did i wave at u??

jono
ARG
Apprentice

Post by ARG »

yeh... hand out the window like whoa!
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

yup that was me then..... haha...
its hard to get the hand out quickly though.. hehe

jono
ARG
Apprentice

Post by ARG »

yeh.. i know.. i tired to get mine out.. but it just wasnt happening :roll:

well your ride looks very smooth man.. im keen to get my car looking and going right! we still gotta do that meet sometime.. you can tell me if i got ripped off or not :wink: what days you got free?
Borya
Apprentice

Post by Borya »

R u blokes going on the interstate cruise? Jono? ARG?
I'm still in the dark, like Robb... I'm trying to sell a car so that i can get an fto... it's just a matter of time...
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

ummm i have mondays off... but im normally off and on.. somedays i have off :lol: somedays i have on 8O

Might be going to the cruise.. dpends on other stuff...

Jono
ARG
Apprentice

Post by ARG »

wont be heading on the cruise... was intrested but the car will need fixing first :( would have been good though... make some new friends.. etc...

mondays are pretty good for me too.. no work, no study.. its all good! maybe next monday?
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

hey sorry forgot to reply to this one..

how bout we all get together on a monday night? food? mac's hungry's?

something cheap haha

jono
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Sounds good Jono, we jst jave to wait for the others to reply. :)
Maybe this should be another thread!
ARG
Apprentice

Post by ARG »

naa comon keep going in my thread makes me look cool!

back to topic though, i had my suspension looked at by the guys at inline, looks like pedder-s really were going to rip me off... chris (from inline) has informed me that my bushes need to be replaced and my suspension needed a service but was all good. OH and the stearing gear which was quoted at over $600 worth of parts is 100% fine! go figure

so next week it will be taking the car to see who can do the best tune up on it... i talked to evo, but at $88 just to have them dyno it and then tell me whats wrong, i think ill keep walking! never going back to skyline performance, so i might give fast and furious imports a call see what they cost. Anyone used dyno tune? ive been told they are alright?
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Just to let people know... I have heard some not so good stories with Evo motorsports...
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

ahh ok..
what happend with EVO...
ive tried Mitsu in belco but i had best expeirences with EVO cos freinds are freinds with Man'( the owner of EVO) so they kinda look after me i guess.

Jono

ps i heard Dyno' are normally $50 ona dyno day.
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

I heard from an owner of a R32 GT-R that they stripped his engine down, then didn't put the correct pistons in the correct cylinder numbers, then when it was on the dyno it was making weird noises which they then blamed on a "faulty gearbox"
Also I heard their tuning is very bad.

Fast and furious may be ok. They are now putting a MIVEC V6 into a lancer... so if that works out they gotta know something :)
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

I'm getting my starter motor fixed @ Fast & Furious tommorow, so i will post how it all went, and what i think of them, and what it cost...

It will be paid by my warranty though, so nothing to worry about for me...

Let's hope no apprentice touches my car... grr... :roll:
Name: Boris
Rides: Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR, Volvo XC60 & 3 push bikes!
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Ok, finnaly got my car back today from Fast & Furious.

Well, in short I was pretty happy with their customer service. It appeared that they knew what they were doing. The owner, or the second to him owns an fto, cos i saw it, it looked pretty swish, it's silver, like mine :P

I can't say if their pricing were good, because the warranty paid for it all, but they gave me a quote for about $350 to completely recondition the starter motor, check the vacuum lines, check the stalling, and attempt to fix my temperature gauge... With the warranty, they added like another hunder bucks 8O

The car only has 2 extra kilometer on it, thank god :D
And i didn't see any 1st year apprentaces...

I think, for warranty work, i will go there, as we figured out the claim procedure this time, so no more hassles in the future...

Hope it helps anyone.
Name: Boris
Rides: Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR, Volvo XC60 & 3 push bikes!
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

hey fellas :D got some tid bits for you

350, pretty good!! nrma wanted 400 or so to put just the alternater in my misses EXA none of that extra work! but i guess its also got 2 years warrenty on it

i go there my self because my bro gets his s15 moded there and i cant argue with the service, nice blokes and very considerate! one day my misses yet again with teh EXA droped it off for a service and she was gonna bus it back to belco area.... the owners wife the owner of the GPvR with all the sexy mods gave her a lift home no charge!!

i also know they do a lot of the mods it has them selves so they know there way around the car.
TonyCanbr

Mechanic,

Post by TonyCanbr »

Hi Guys,
I use the Repco guys in Braddon for minor work, he is OK. Last time I had my radiator busted and he fix it OK and he also changed my CamBelt without asking me. I planned to have it done anyway but It cost me about $600 in total. I used to go to Neil Bates in Hume but it was pain to get there.
I am going back Repco in braddon again soon for the auto trans service, His quote just a bit more than F&F and EVO but he is close my work place.

Cheers :?: :[u :P [/url][/list]