who is your mech?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ARG
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

who is your mech?

Post by ARG »

my car is running alright.. but i am still learning, anyone know a good mech to take my car into? good advice, some cheap service and tune ups?

cheers fellaz
Borya
Apprentice

Post by Borya »

I would like to know the same thing... When i get an fto i need a trustworthy mechanic... :?

I've been getting my services and repairs done at "Bars" in Mitchell but that's my Ford Fairmont AU... They even clean your car, inside & outside :)

I donno if i would trust them with an fto though...

By the way, what's your ride ARG??
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Dont go to Bars I went there to get a quote on some minor body work last year and they told me that the dont do FTO's...:evil: They should change their moto to "Bars fix cars as long as they arnt FTO's" :roll:

"Fast and Furious Imports" in Fyshwick service imports I think and there a place in Mitchell that also does them..

hope that helps....:)

Robb...
Borya
Apprentice

Post by Borya »

Hmm... I know there is like a skyline place in mitchell... does anyone know if they do fto's...

Has anyone heard of Pulford's Race Engines in mitchell... ??? (or something similar) Would they do services & repairs 4 fto's ??? 8O

Is Fast & Furious expensive? Have you had your car done there Robb? What's it like? 8O
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

i mostly do everything on my car... well with help from freinds.. but if i need to get something fixed, i go back to sydney or Evo motosports fyshwick.... they seem to know from experience what goes wrong with Fto's...

soo yeah my pick in ACT would be EVo motorsports...

Had electrical problems with the alternator..., they sorted that.... and CV boot... mostly simple stuff....

jono
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

That skyline place in mitchell is the one I was talking about Boris.. I've been told they service all imports.. there used to be a Pulford's in Belconnen but I dont know if they are still there???

Jono how was the service with EVO.. I dont personally trust them cos they spun a heap of sh*t to me when I first was looking for an FTO...

Robb...
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

yeah i think they are good at service's they do everything they say they will.. but their cars.. im not sure....

jono
YFT-08U
Apprentice

Post by YFT-08U »

If you are looking for a service I would recommend Auto tech services in fyshwick, I took my first service to Mitsubishi in Woden and they put on the incorrect cv boot when doing a service. For suspension work I recommend Inline suspension and steering in Queenbeyan.

Jc
<P>[url=http://www.hotcarchicks.com][img]http://www.hotcarchicks.com/images/hotcarchicksBanner2.gif[/img][/url]</P>
Borya
Apprentice

Post by Borya »

Any places up north that u recommend JC...
Is there any good spots for dyno, and tune up's around for fto's? :?
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

mmm tuning... :o

when should we have that meet?

jono
Borya
Apprentice

Post by Borya »

hahaha... when i get my fto (hopefully) and Robb can drive his fto again...

I reckon we go for a cruise somewhere... and stop by go-cart place... sometime... :D
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

Just went to Inline in Queanbeyan, i now recomend them too..

Spotted a black FTO(aftermarket mags) geting worked on in the workshop... Chris said the owners name is John?

Jono
Borya
Apprentice

Post by Borya »

What work did you get done at Inline??
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

My sisters car... Golf is getting Eibach springs and shock's

Jono
ARG
Apprentice

Post by ARG »

just went to have the suspension checked out by pedders, they came back with 1.5g worth of repaires needed to be made :?

my shocks are "very very worn"
my sway bar bushes "links worn"
and the sterring gear is "leaking and knocking"

this comes to a total of $1305 in parts!
plus their laboour of $440
and im a broke puppy... i think they have wayyy over quoted me, but will look into it.

guess im heading to inline, Queanbeyan!

So i still have found a good mech. i have no money to tune the car up now anyway :cry:

Anyway thanks for the help all :)

- ARG
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Hey ARG I'm in the same boat... too much to fix not enuff cash to get it done... :cry: maybe I should be a drug dealer for a couple of days that should cover the cost of repairs.... :?

Robb...
ARG
Apprentice

Post by ARG »

yeh man i know that feeling... so easy and your right, one days work would cover the cost! well until some unhappy client comes and blows your car up i guess :)

right now im starting to get that... should have bought a 180sx feeling!
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

haha... i had that feeling before.. but now.. i really like my FTO.. deffinately a good purchase....

i dropped off some flyers into two of the FTO's at inline...a white fto with enkei wheels and a black face lift fto with 18 inch mags... if thats any of u guys??

jono
ARG
Apprentice

Post by ARG »

naa id like to say the black one is mine... but am sorry to say im an older model complete with 4 panel key damage and only enough money to roll on 16"s :D
ARG
Apprentice

Post by ARG »

hey jono...
are you who i saw driving past evatt primary the other day?