Meet 1

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Jono
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Meet 1

Post by Jono »

haha well its about time we have a meet...

i reckon a short n small one at a maca's or hungry's?

monday night?

Jono
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Hey Jono sounds good and even if my cars off the road I'll still be in it.. I'm pretty much free at anytime so if everyone else can agree on a day and time we'll get this happening...

Robb...
ARG
Apprentice

Post by ARG »

im there ... lets make this monday the first (the 8th) not real fussed on the time... maybe like 7pm so i can still see your cars in some light yeh?
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

ok this monday coming...

which quality "restraunt" should we goto?

jono
ARG
Apprentice

Post by ARG »

im thinking maca's in belco, they have a nice carpark there round the back....
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Macca's in Belco sounds good to me what time do you want to make it :?:
7pm is cool with me I'll bus it in and meet you guys there...

Robb...
040 582 9594
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

What ever time you guys make it. I'll try to be there :)
We can even go to the Bowling Alley next door and play pool, not that i'm any good :)
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

sounds good...

so 7pm belco mac's

jono
ps wheres jc... ect ect
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

I'm suggesting instead of making FTO only meets in Canberra, a more interesting thing would be Mitsubishi only meets in ACT.
That way you get all GSR's, and your average lancer's too...
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Yeah, but then you will get riced up cars.... :) Sure rice can be nice... but like they say all show but no go....

I believe this is a very unique community, and allowing that will spoil it, because not many ppl, that drive cars like that appreciate the fto. They would rather get a skyline, or a silvia etc... than an fto.

I hope i didn't offend anyone, it was just my opinion. :)
BTW, spetz, welcome to the forums mate!

Personally i don't own an fto yet, but i apreciate the fto with all my heart, and that's why i'm going to get one.

Now... Are you there JC? We would like to examine your ride in detail...
I see his car at UC regularly... he might be avoiding the arguments :)
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

i think maybe a bit of both... have Mitsu meets and FTO meets..

both are good :)

Sometimes rice cars are nice to drive... theyre allot more comfortable than my Track Tein FTO hehehehe and they are kinda fun if riced properly

I think both have their own merits.
Jono
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

There is a nice red FTO at UC with white rims... I hate red but this one is fairly nice. There was a blue one with gold rims but I haven't seen it lately.

I've driven an FTO with Teins... how can you live with it? This thing was HARSH.

I see what you mean with the all mitsu thing... but I was really only suggesting it because somewhere above someone said how there are only 3 ACT FTO owners on these forums which wouldn't be too fun for a cruise :)
Thanks for welcoming me :)
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Hahaha...

There are many fto's in canberra that are not on these forums, we know of atleast 6+ that don't use the forums... We have been trying to let them know, but still no success...

The red one you are refering to is either Jono's or possibly another owner ( FEI ) that isn't on these forums. Jono's ride has NSW number plates :)

The blue one belongs to JC... check his car out at:
>> http://www.syndicatemotorsports.org/
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

cool yeah first meet is always small, hopefully the Name of FTO aus wont turn em off having a cruise/meet with us. having bad experience with our forums, maybe we can turn it around haha. :wink:

Jono
ARG
Apprentice

Post by ARG »

yeh.. we will turn it around... i saw a white one out in south side last nite, with a azn dood driving? sorta gave him a run around the corner from the lights till the miss started hitting me! think he would have killed me anyway, i had a bad start!
ARG
Apprentice

Post by ARG »

hey guys, just wanted so say thankyou... even though that was a very small first meet! it was the first so what can we expect hey?

sorry i had to leave that one almost right away... but next time we will have to do a bit more driving :wink:

take it easy fellas
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Yeah, thanx i enjoyed the small meet, maybe one day when i get an fto, and Robb, you fix yours we can cruise down to the cotter or something for a BBQ :)

Hopefully we get more members from canberra :)

Cheers
YFT-08U
Apprentice

Post by YFT-08U »

Sorry I was not able to make the meet.

I was flat out with some work and sh*t.

Yeah FTO is the Blue one with gold rims at UC

Jc
<P>[url=http://www.hotcarchicks.com][img]http://www.hotcarchicks.com/images/hotcarchicksBanner2.gif[/img][/url]</P>
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Hey JC long time no hear.. How's the car going the meet we had was only small but it was good talking to the other guys maybe we'll see you on the next one..

Are you going to the cruz to Mallacoota??? I'm just trying to get numbers so I can organize things a bit better...

GUY'S COULD YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GOING ON THE CRUZ OR NOT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW JUST FOR MY OWN RECORD.. IT WILL MAKE IT EASIER FOR ME TO ORGANIZE THINGS WITH STEVE...

It makes things hard when nobody lets me know what's happening *Gets a tear in my eye.. :wink: * as you probably know I'm the ACT Co-ordinator and it's hard to Co-ordinate things if I dont know what you guys want to do... Ok I'll stop rambling now... 8)

Ps. If you are going to the cruz let me know and also dont forget to RSVP Steve so that accomodation can be booked..

Robb...
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

ok, sorry Robb :)

My Update: At the moment i'm not going, but if i do get an fto that i'm happy with before June i will prob try to get down there with my gf, even if there are no spots, i can camp or find accomodation. If it is ok i guess with the actual even organisers...

However i will probably not be going for the whole thing, i'm pretty keen on one or two photo shoots and the party!