Good Mechannic for replacement of lifters? Canberra?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

MickJ95
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Good Mechannic for replacement of lifters? Canberra?

Post by MickJ95 »

Hey, Im new to the forums,

I need to replace the lifters on my 95 GR FTO. I have sourced the lifters and am getting them in the next few days.

I need a good mechanic(In Canberra) to fit them..... Has anyone got someone they can recommend?

Ive spent the morning reading all the guides on replacing lifters(thanks to those on the site that have documented all this information!!!) But unfortunately I dont have the confidence to conduct such work at this stage.

So if anyone has any suggestions please drop me a msg. Ive spoken to the guys at Total traction in Belconnen but they are pretty busy leading up until Xmas and cant fit me in, any other suggestions?

I know im newb, please dont hold that against me :P

Any help would be appreciated!

Mick
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

I would have sent you there actually. Cant recommend anyone else myself at this stage im afraid
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    ICEFTO
    Apprentice

Post by ICEFTO »

yea bro theres a lot of shops round canberra that really know there stuff. places like powamaxx, performance garage, E.T.S, preformance engenering, layton automotive, pvt msg me n i will tell u were to go to get what done at a good price.
    MickJ95

Post by MickJ95 »

Thanks for the replies!

PM sent!

Cheers again,

Mick
    MickJ95

Post by MickJ95 »

I just wanted to say thanks for peoples' help!

I ended up sourcing Lifters/lash adjusters from kempys...
    www.kempys.co.nz

Rocker Cover gaskets from aagaskets.com.au(non genuine) and once paid, i received 24 hrs later(shipping etc)

Replacement of the lifters and mechanical work was done by Performance Garage in Woden..... REALLY HAPPY!

I just wanted to post this, in case someone else(another noob like me) has the same predicament. Good Luck and happy modifying!

Cheers again

Mick