Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Robb
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Meet No. 2

Post by Robb »

Hi Guys and Gals???

I'd like to organise another meet soon just so that we can discuss the upcoming Mallacoota cruz and other stuff and I would like to get a look at Boris's new ride. I will shortly be emailing a couple of other members from the ACT (Tailgeese, Dragon, etc.) to see if they are still members and have their FTO's and invite them to the meet up.

Would you guys prefer week days or weekend??? also a meeting place needs to be found, I suggest a locale that is central to everyone that is coming, whats you locale:

Me and Jono are in the Gunghalin area
Boris is Belconnen
Allen(ARG) ?
Tony ?
Fei ?
Dragon ?
Iceman ?
Tailgeese ?

Any other FTO owners are more then welcome even if your not a member of the club...

It would be great to get your feed back on a place and time, hopefully it wont be to far for anyone to drive...

Thanks guys...
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Cool...
The further the better, more driving :P
Nah, seriously i don't care, makes no difference to me...

Umm, well weekday afernoons is probably better for me, the exam period at uni is coming up very soon... so lot's of work... :?

But if it's on the weekend then i just have to know about it in advance.
Name: Boris
Rides: Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR, Volvo XC60 & 3 push bikes!
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Hey Boris are you and me the only two interested in having another meet up or what? This is a real disappointment I was hoping to get a stronger FTO presence in the ACT but it just doesn't look like it's going to happen...

Anyway I'm starting to halucinate(spelling???) again so I'm going to bed...

Cheers buddy,
mrdj1234
Grease Monkey

Post by mrdj1234 »

Hey guys... the Mrs and I will be taking our beastie up there on a whirlwind tour this weekend and are planning - as a bare minimum, a couple of laps around civic on Saturday night - I don't suppose youre' planning the meet this weekend are ya?

(just hoping)
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Mrdj1234 although I haven't done laps of civic/braddon in ages (due to not being able to drive my beast) I'd love to meet up and and do some laps.. some meaning several... :wink:

I'll try to get the other's motivated and we'll see if we can a small convoy of FTO's happening and trust me when I say that a convoy of FTO's in Canberra gets heads turning it gets heads turning...

My mobile is 040 582 9594 if you need it...

Boris and Allen let me know if your interested and if you can contact Jono and see if he's interested I dont have his number... I'll give JC and Tony a call and see if they wants to come... Anyone else if you want to come call me..

Cheers,
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

I got a friends 21st on saturday nite... :(

Just wanna say that Jono is still alive and motivated, he is just 130% full of uni work, like me, exams are like in 2 weeks or something.

Yes, cruises are fun. Me and Jono go on mini-cruises to uni etc... and yes the heads do turn, but it would be much more attention & fun if there were more than two fto's :wink:
mrdj1234
Grease Monkey

Post by mrdj1234 »

Sorry guys - got a bit tangled up and didnt' get a chance to organise anything propper.. did manage to tear around canberra a little bit... now i've just got to stop my head spinning after all those %&($ roundabouts

I'll be back soon though so I'll organise something with a little more advance notice next time
ARG
Apprentice

Post by ARG »

yeh my car has been off the road for a while there... and ive been unable to log into ftoaus for a while too so i sorta forgot....

anyway back now... car is almost fixed up, turns out its just gettin' old and there is nothing i can do about it without a lot more cash.

robb have you got your car back on the road? and boris, wouldnt mind checking out your ride, god knows u spent the money to get a nice piece of work =)

anyone know who the sxc blone with the black fto is? no disrespect if it some1's miss 8O

saw a silva one in at pedders... poor bsatard probably had his money stolen! =(

anyway hows everyone doin anyways?
take it easy,
alan (arg)
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Welcome back! Alan.

What was wrong with your car?

I've only seen a girl in a red fto..... donno bout a black one... 8O

After Uni finishes, between the finish and the exam period, which is like in two weeks, I was thinking of going on a small cruise to Cotter via Urriarra, for a catch up, for like an hour or two, or three...

That road, after Uriarra to Cotter is the best for corners northside I reckon, and not a single cop, and not many cars travel that road.

Comments? :?
YFT-08U
Apprentice

Post by YFT-08U »

I would be down for that

Let me know

Jc
<P>[url=http://www.hotcarchicks.com][img]http://www.hotcarchicks.com/images/hotcarchicksBanner2.gif[/img][/url]</P>
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Good to hear from you JC and Alan...

Alan my car is still off, I'm in the same boat as you I need plenty of $$$ to get it back on the road. I got an ingrown toe nail the needs to be operated on so I haven't been able to look for work which means my cash flow is low... so it's going to be a while before I get it on the road again... :cry:

Cotter cruz sound good we could even have a BBQ if you guys are interested or just a meet up if you want...

Let us know...

Cheers,
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hey JC are you coming to our Mallacoota cruise? :D
ARG
Apprentice

Post by ARG »

umm had problems with new tyre... never noticed how over priced they are here! also needed to get my injecters cleaned out, major service and right now the rocket cover gasgets are getting changed!

next will be new clutch and exhaust... then ill probably need a rebuild on the whole engine + gearbox.. i swear it never stops!

meh car is running a fair amount faster though right now, we will have to go for a few runs see the speed diffrences!

jc, i followed u out of UC just last week... meh.. anywayz

keep us posted on when u wanna do the meet... if im not working or something, im in!
- alan.
YFT-08U
Apprentice

Post by YFT-08U »

ARG wrote:
jc, i followed u out of UC just last week... meh.. anywayz
Hey sorry I didnt notice :(

Jc
<P>[url=http://www.hotcarchicks.com][img]http://www.hotcarchicks.com/images/hotcarchicksBanner2.gif[/img][/url]</P>
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

ATTENTION: TIME FOR A MINI MEET!!!

OK looks like interest for another meet is starting to build so if you guys can give me a ruff idea of say:

Day
Time
Place

I would like to make it on a Day and time that wont interfere with people that have work or Uni studies and I would like to have it after 'Paladin' (sorry dont know your real name) gets his car fixed...

I think a location around the Cotter would be good unless you would prefer somewhere else and unless I win PowerBall I dont think my car will be ready... :evil:

So if you guys can give me your thoughts I'll organise something asap

Cheers,
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

Names Dave,

well my cars going to take me a while as i wont have the engine for a week or two and itll take a week to put in :/ so a month at worst? so maybe ill get in on number 3?
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

AJR wrote:Am staying in Wogan.
LOL... bahahaha...

Ah... Wogan.... that's what it should be called, (It's Woden)
Unfortunatly I'm leaving Canberra to go climbing in Nowra Saturday so I can't offer my company on a cruise this weekend.

Enjoy, cold, dry, boring Canberra while your here!
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

AJR wrote:I'm down Canberra this weekend. Coming down Friday night for the weekend. I could make Saturday/night, Sunday day time to meet up? Am staying in Wogan.
Sorry Al but I have to laugh as well thats really funny [WOGAN]

I dont have my car but if the other fellars want to meet up on Saturday night well I'll be in that...

Give me a buzz and we'll see what happens... 040 582 9594

Cheers,
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

sorry guys, im going to Moruya this weekend...

JOno