how fast are our cars?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ARG
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

how fast are our cars?

Post by ARG »

i ended up against a 180sx the other day... dick a quick run from the lights and was around abouts a car length in front before i slowed down! i know it always depends on the driver n all that.. but is this a regular experience ? what u boys raced in a straight line? (round corners is too easy :D )
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Well, funny you should mention that because I also had a run with a 180sx about 2 weeks ago. I got a better start, so was about a car length in front for most of it. His car had been modified (from what I cold see), so once the boost kicked in for third gear, he was just starting to drive away from me. Had to back off just as he was picking up serious speed, so it looked a lot closer than it would have been if it had been another few seconds longer :) .

Must say though, I don't mind the 180sx at all. Much better looking than the 200sx (until the s15 came out anyway).
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

hehehe... finnaly some action in the ACT Forums...
I donno about corners mate... Some of the other cars are still very good,

I raced an R32 GT-R around a few round abouts, and couldn't overtake him on the inside/outside cos not enough power on exit...

Dragged a GSR, like a ~96 model... lost shamefully after 2nd gear...

But in general I don't really get to drag anyone as I live northside :(
The regulars for me are those commodore and falcon drivers that try to race you, but even then, by 150km/h your still only 1 body lenght away... :?

Has anyone dragged a S14?

I have a RSM, and the best time that I have so far gotten for a 0 - 100 is 7.04 seconds. And that's with only one person, and a launch at 4.5k... :oops:
Name: Boris
Rides: Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR, Volvo XC60 & 3 push bikes!
ARG
Apprentice

Post by ARG »

yeh i was offered money for my car... and have always loved the 180sx and was considering! buttttt.... i hate the interior! its so damn old now!

boris im north side too! it aint so bad... u and me should go for a run! from memory of how much u spent and how long u waited for the perfect fto id imagine u would kill me.. but would be fun!

wish i had some of the RSM sh*t too.. sounds fun!

i killed a ute through some round abouts.. but i was going as HARD as i could though it... and i think he was lossing it too much so gave in a bit.

im starting to have speed issues with my fto.. it looks pimp! inside is even more pimp.. the engine even looks mean! SOUNDS even more mean! but then its got this poor amount of power! i need turrrrbooo!
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

cars beaten
V8 ss comodores
200sx s15 stock
stock gts-t
na supra
unknowen 180
every econobox in sight

cars that beat me
r33 GTR
r32 gts-t with at least a bigger intercooler ( i love that grin look)
s15 (brothers 200kwatrw + monster)
a few HSV's
modded ss with intercooler for somthing
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

paladin wrote:cars beaten
V8 ss comodores
200sx s15 stock
stock gts-t
na supra
unknowen 180
every econobox in sight
with the exception of the n/a supra i think u need to change this to drivers beaten, as any of these cars should have cained u off the line :wink:
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

with the exception of the n/a supra i think u need to change this to drivers beaten, as any of these cars should have cained u off the line
Why? Sure, a GTS-t should beat an FTO every time, but the rest of them would be a close run thing. SS commodores, until the new model with 250kw 5.7, are not really that fast.

All these "races" would come down to reaction time and driver skill/commitment.
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

:/ that and the fact i have a man not an auto....

6.2 accel time :P

new commodores SS's are scary... XR6 turbos are more scary.... but nothigns scaryer to me then what happend to me today...

the pink Dihatsu charade driven by an old man reving me up!
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

XR6 turbos are more scary
Well, the turbo ones are, for sure! Trouble is, at first you think it is just a Falcon! Then you see the "XR6" and the "turbo" badge and you just get that sinking feeling.

Off topic for a second, but I cannot believe just how powerful and fast these stock "family" cars are getting! I mean, you can go and get a 190kw v6 commodore! That is a lot of power and a lot of weight to be punted around by people who most often do not care in any way about driving! Also, it's an easy way for young inexperienced drivers to get themselves (and other drivers) into a lot of trouble.

It is getting a little out of control IMO.
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Well, at the moment, I think it's sorta ok, but I really really think that this will be a bigger problem 10 years later down the track, when most of the majority of hoons will be able to afford them... just like say the VL's at the moment... :|
Name: Boris
Rides: Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR, Volvo XC60 & 3 push bikes!
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

mm i thought the 190kw was just on the sv6? which is the sport model?

but yeah... its funny... average joe cars get faster and faster.... speed limits strickter... petrol prices higher...

soon i think we will run out of fuel
run around on 15kw electric scooters
and prizes given to those who can ACTUALLY reach the speed limit!

j/k

XR6 turbos are easy to pic from behind... rear parking sensors and from the side the massive stock rims should help :P
DMX_bass
Apprentice

Post by DMX_bass »

i think u would find it hard to beat most 2litre turbo nissan cars in a straight line. Once they hit 3rd gear, they will pull 3-5 car lengths away in a matter of seconds. :(
kinetic

Post by kinetic »

Slither wrote:
V8 ss comodores
200sx s15 stock
stock gts-t
na supra
unknowen 180
every econobox in sight
with the exception of the n/a supra i think u need to change this to drivers beaten, as any of these cars should have cained u off the line :wink:
:lol:
Last edited by kinetic on Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

kinetic wrote:
Slither wrote:
V8 ss comodores
200sx s15 stock
stock gts-t
na supra
unknowen 180
every econobox in sight
I would have to agree with Slither. Are you sure those cars were trying to race you? That is a serious list you claim to have beaten. :?
I creamed that list of cars with my FTO including TT Supra, soarer, turbo RX3 rotary, turbo XR6, RX7's, 300Z and yes they were trying. hehehehe but no cigar

Actually havent been beaten yet
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

dannyboyau wrote:I creamed that list of cars with my FTO including TT Supra, soarer, turbo RX3 rotary, turbo XR6, RX7's, 300Z and yes they were trying. hehehehe but no cigar

Yes, but your one of those "special" people :cry:

:D
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

Boris wrote:
dannyboyau wrote:I creamed that list of cars with my FTO including TT Supra, soarer, turbo RX3 rotary, turbo XR6, RX7's, 300Z and yes they were trying. hehehehe but no cigar

Yes, but your one of those "special" people :cry:

:D
I am not special, my car is special to me :) better than a wife
kinetic

Post by kinetic »

dannyboyau wrote:
I creamed that list of cars with my FTO including TT Supra, soarer, turbo RX3 rotary, turbo XR6, RX7's, 300Z and yes they were trying. hehehehe but no cigar

8O
Last edited by kinetic on Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

dannyboyau wrote: Actually havent been beaten yet
kinetic wrote: Were you falling off a cliff at the time...

haha :)

danny's car is a little bit different from most... and 18psi really helps a lightweight car to get off the line infront of most cars ;)
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

hey steve

took awhile but i knew eventually someone would bite

hehehe
kinetic

Post by kinetic »

dannyboyau wrote:

If you have spent thousands and you car is running 18psi then I can unnderstand you beating a pissweak soarer etc. But to say you have gone up against rotors (rx7'S AND rx3'S) and not EVER been beaten is a joke. Either that or you choose your drags carefully. There are plenty of 10 second rotors in Canberra. Oh wait, I am sure they are the ones you "creamed". :roll: