how fast are our cars?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

smorison
The Godfather
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by smorison »

kinetic wrote:
If you have spent thousands and you car is running 18psi then I can unnderstand you beating a pissweak soarer etc. But to say you have gone up against rotors (rx7'S AND rx3'S) and not EVER been beaten is a joke. Either that or you choose your drags carefully. There are plenty of 10 second rotors in Canberra. Oh wait, I am sure they are the ones you "creamed". :roll:

kinetic ...

your new here... don't try to piss people off straight away...

danny's car isnt' really an fto... (well it is... but it isn't)
danny is also serious about driving in straight lines (where as i prefer to go around corners)
danny also didn't specify if they are "10 second rotors" or "100 second rotors" ... don't jump to conclusions it'll only make an arse of yourself...

now... please be civil and lets all play in the sandpit nicely
kinetic

Post by kinetic »

smorison wrote:
kinetic ...

your new here... don't try to piss people off straight away...
:o
Last edited by kinetic on Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Just a question Kinetic...... what model FTO do you have? and tip or manual?
kinetic

Post by kinetic »

Both
Last edited by kinetic on Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

kinetic wrote:My ID may be new.... And I am not "trying" to piss people off. I guess these days people can claim whatever they want. I have beaten all those cars too. Do you believe me? Hmmm......
dannyboyau wrote:I creamed that list of cars with my FTO including TT Supra, soarer, turbo RX3 rotary, turbo XR6, RX7's, 300Z and yes they were trying. hehehehe but no cigar

Actually havent been beaten yet
Dude, what is your problem. If you read what Danny said he is just explaining what cars he has raced. No where above he said he has raced every car. All readers presume he is saying he hasn't lost to a car yet, because he hasn't raced a 10 second rotory.

You don't even own an fto, Danny was never saying he is the fastest and can beat everyone. Danny is well known & respected here that is why we believe him, unlike you with 9 posts. I suggest you go and chill out, learn how to interpret things or find another forum to abuse.

Sorry if i'm harch.
kinetic

Post by kinetic »

Boris wrote:
You don't even own an fto
What difference does that make?
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

enough...

back on topic thanks
DMX_bass
Apprentice

Post by DMX_bass »

that fto sound awesome with 18psi. what mods has it got. does anyone have links to pics of it. i getting my car back this weekend with a few small mods hopefully should be able to keep up with turbo cars. :lol:
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

try this
http://photos.yahoo.com/dannyboyau

what car do you have?
Jono
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

sorry folks

I didnt mean to upset anyone

Your right it wasn't a 10 second RX3 but

for the record the RX3 pulled 11.1 last time it was at motoplex

so it wasn't slow.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

dannyboyau wrote: for the record the RX3 pulled 11.1 last time it was at motoplex

so it wasn't slow.

sure danny....
that's slow ;)
an eclipse + 10k = a 10 second car
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gonna have to come watch you try and keep traction someday...
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

once the gearbox is fixed will be taking down to the motoplex

will try and get someone to film it doing some runs
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

dannyboyau wrote:once the gearbox is fixed will be taking down to the motoplex

will try and get someone to film it doing some runs
i thought you put an auto box in it
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

still thinking about going the auto option or 4WD, I got the 4WD manual box and picked up a couple of stuffed auto's cheap. Should be able to make one good auto out of the two.

Got another engine and the rear diff and axles from a VR4 and GPX manual box and flywheel coming soon as spares.

I like driving a manual better than an auto, so will only go the auto route if can't get the clutches to hold. I am going to send the bellhousing and flywheel when it arrives to the USA and get a twin or triple carbon/carbon clutch made, depends what they can fit in it.

And eventually will probably 4WD it, Ill just store the parts untill i feel like doing it.

I just always suggest going auto when turboing the FTO as i know what sort of problems people will run into and the cost involved. Though eventually there will be a twin plate developed for the FTO, I know it can be done as i am using one, it just had to be custom made. But Carbon/carbon is the way to go.
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

smorison wrote:
dannyboyau wrote: for the record the RX3 pulled 11.1 last time it was at motoplex

so it wasn't slow.

sure danny....
that's slow ;)
an eclipse + 10k = a 10 second car
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gonna have to come watch you try and keep traction someday...
Yea i guess it is still slow
It might be .2 of a second off being a 10 second car
but it still aint a 10 second car :wink:

Hey steve if you ever in Perth let us know would love to take you for a spin :twisted:
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

dannyboyau wrote:still thinking about going the auto option or 4WD, I got the 4WD manual box and picked up a couple of stuffed auto's cheap. Should be able to make one good auto out of the two.

Got another engine and the rear diff and axles from a VR4 and GPX manual box and flywheel coming soon as spares.

I like driving a manual better than an auto, so will only go the auto route if can't get the clutches to hold. I am going to send the bellhousing and flywheel when it arrives to the USA and get a twin or triple carbon/carbon clutch made, depends what they can fit in it.

And eventually will probably 4WD it, Ill just store the parts untill i feel like doing it.

I just always suggest going auto when turboing the FTO as i know what sort of problems people will run into and the cost involved. Though eventually there will be a twin plate developed for the FTO, I know it can be done as i am using one, it just had to be custom made. But Carbon/carbon is the way to go.

its offcial, your have to much money :P
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

No I wish I had more money then i would buy another FTO as a spare so i would never be with out one to drive.

I dont have a girl friend or wife, nor do i go out to pubs and nightclubs drinking and no expensive restaurants so the money that i would have spent supporting them gets spent on my car hehehe 8)

we were actually having a good laugh about it the other night, a few of me mates are the same bit younger but spend all there money on there cars and we were laughing about how we always only use vouchers when we eat out, hungry jacks ( burger king ), KFC, Macdonalds, redrooster chicken.

So meal at Restuarant = 2 burgers for under 5 bucks :lol:

Also I do nearly all the spanner work, we just stripped down the Gearbox out of my car at my mates workshop and all looks great except for some burs on 5th gear's sincronizer sleve. Will get the new sincronizer sleve sent over from singapore 67$ singapore, so it will cost less than $100 AUD for me to fix my gearbox. That involves removal of engine and gearbox, Gearbox completely stripped and re assembled and all put back in the car. How much would that cost if you paid someone to do it. All I pay for are the parts.
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

where were you when i needed an engine transplant!?!?!
MarkFTO
Apprentice

Post by MarkFTO »

Danny, if you find any longer final drives that fit the fto box in your travels i wouldnt mind some info please. Im really trying to get it down from 4.3 (i think) to around 4.0-3.9. Not looked into it yet, but thought as u have your gearbox currently in bits its something you may be considering.

Oh, BTW there is an off the shelf twinplate coming for the fto. Mine is coming over from Japan in the next week or two and hopefully this time its all ready to go. No use for you though as it will be rated to around 500bhp/400lbft

//\\//\\ark
FTEVO, FTO GPX-Turbo, FTO GR-Turbo
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

I had a mitsi expert put a cusco LSD in my box not long before i started having problems with 5th gear, So I am doing the gearbox this time. I am expecting the parts to arrive from singapore this weekend, so i will be putting it back togeather next week.

I still have my old Diff so i might try and look into what can be done and if i get the chance try and compare the diff to some other ones, see if there are any the same from other mitsis.

Who is the twin plate made by.