Cruise - 17th October!

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Boris
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Cruise - 17th October!

Post by Boris »

Well, knowing that our cruise track records are not too good, I though we should try again, since we have a few new members since last cruise...

So please put down your interest, and your availability. I'm thinking this cruise should be in a few weeks... so that all the slow ppl (ROBB) can start to move after seeing this post, hopefully............ :wink:

There are a few option, either go all out and cruise to the Cotter via Urriara, then eat... or just meet somewhere like Mc'Donalds carpart and eat and catch up... then maybe go for a small drive...

So possible date? Can be anything that everyone can attend... I'm thinking of 10th of October Saturday Afternoon / Evening... Or should we do it in the evening of a week day?
Last edited by Boris on Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

yea i thinks it might be nice now as it isnt like 2dergees..

im thinking a night cruise... maybe goto macca's or somewhere in civic?

friday nights
thursday nights..
Jono
MrFT000
Mechanic

Post by MrFT000 »

yeah im in - the 9th october is a saturday (also the federal election)

I reckon cruise out to the cotter and bbq.
Weather permitting.
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

ill prolly be going to Sydney, for voting... haha cos im enrolled there..
Jono
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

I think at the moment we should probably keep this a smallish cruise as we don't have a recent good track record with cruises organized for the ACT, but still if most ppl object, a large cruise it cool.

Um, i'm quite happy to go on the 9th, make it a night cruise into civic or something... or an evenening... c the problem with a night cruise my good camera broke that is good with night shots!

Jono, you have to find out about the election, cos u can vote from canberra i think... let us know...

If Jono can't make it, then we should move it to earlier or later... but defenetly in the evenening (for the best photos), or night (fri/sat to impress)

The list:
>> Boris
>> Jono ?
>> Grant
>> Dave ?
>> Alan ?
>> Robb ?
>> ?

:roll:
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

if its the 10th you might get a few Sydney cars coming to say hello ;)
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

8O

Steve.... you gotta explain, what is so exciting happening on the 10th, that Sydney ppl are willing to go to Canberra for?
:roll:
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

i vote what ever date but i would like a more personal BBQ to get to know everyone!

jap gardens in civic? jap cars jap rock gardens get it ?

or top of mt ainsly?

we so need a drag way or a drive in :/

BTW, sicne when is mcdonalds carpet a good place to meet? cant we at least use a seat?
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

coz we have to vote on the 9th as well...... so won't be able to make it :? but the 10th is a distinct possibility
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Teania wrote:coz we have to vote on the 9th as well...... so won't be able to make it :? but the 10th is a distinct possibility

if someone has a BBQ (or we go somewhere where there is one) i'll happily do the cooking and catering... ;)

also i'm booked on the saturday
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Okayyy.....

If, and only if we get a number of fto's, like 5, 6 + this is what i think we should do.

Date: 10th October, Sunday
Time: 12:30pm

Meet somewhere in the middle of Canbera, have a brief chat, hello, then proceed down to the Cotter, via Uriarra.

This road is pretty good, and is a base for some of my testing / bonding with my car, it has very nice corners, and also a long straigh, which never get's policed. Not that we are going to speed. :roll:

After the nice drive which will take about 30 minutes we stop at the Cotter, which is a nice BBQ Area with ample parking and electric BBQ's, we can either fry up some snags, or just have finger food.

Another Possible addition:
After the BBQ we drive to the NASA Deep Space Communication Complex, for a photo shoot. This should be in the afternoon with good lighting. The background will consist of a number of giant deep space sattelite dishes, the largest one 70m in diameter.

:arrow: http://www.cdscc.nasa.gov/Pages/pg02_antennas.html

After the photo shoot we can drive to Tuggerananong, depending on how people are feeling, and how we are going for time we can go up to Corin forest, just for the drive.

Then return home via tuggeranong to show off our cars. :wink:

The list:
>> Boris - Yes
>> Jono - Yes
>> Grant ?
>> Dave ?
>> Alan ?
>> Robb ?
>> Steve ?
>> Tanya ?
>> ? ? ?

If we don't have many people attending we should just go back to a small meet. Please register your interest, or request changes to my idea...

:wink:
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

hmm sounds like fun... well im in..

i think there may be some elbow grease coming allong with some polish n wax for those photo's hahha..
Jono
MrFT000
Mechanic

Post by MrFT000 »

Jono - if your rims are anything like mine - after a drive out to the cotter, they will be black !
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

mmm, yes, but ive changed my pads to a different one..
Jono
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

I am in, dosnt the cotter have bbqs?
if not i might buy one, (early xmas gift for rents)
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

No cotter has BBQ's, electric ones too... but most of them could be taken.

The list:
>> Boris - Yes
>> Jono - Yes
>> Grant - Yes
>> Dave - Yes
>> Alan ?
>> Robb ?
>> Steve ?
>> Tanya ?
>> ? ? ?
ARG
Apprentice

Post by ARG »

you know id be there boys.. top of the list even.. but the car is in hospital for a while.. after i tried to kill her! give me a few more months to fix the damage and ill be there for the next one!
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

you can still tag along if ya want... :wink:
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

yeah pick you up etc
its a social event aitn it
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Sorry guys, I will be busy on the 10th, just been told by my girlfried that she told me about a thing on the 10th, but she didn't write it down in my calendar! *sight* :oops:

So if you guys are inclined, you can still go ahead, other wise we can re-schedule to maybe the 16th or 17th... :?

BTW, i saw a yellow fto today, with white rims and veilside body kit, the yellow was a much paler yellow then the standard yellow. Any one know him?