ACT - Spotted?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ICEFTO
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by ICEFTO »

i got my sideskirts from A J's performance he is in 6 uriara rd QBN hes the act/qbn dealer for monkey warehouse. i dont know if he puts em on n paints etc though. and my front bar is in the makin. me and some mates that also do some fibreglassing are custom makin one to look like bozz speed as much as we can. its prob gonna b ready by thurs so i will post some pics of it if u want

i think iv seen u round 2day in fyshwick>?
i saw 3 fto's one stock grey gr one grey with a flight wing and black bonnet and maybe yours?
nxt time u see a repco ute round qbn fyshwick give us a wave u snobs lol
jakey106
Mechanic

Post by jakey106 »

how much were the skirts?.. Yeah i work in Fyshwick. lol ok so everytime i see a random repco ute i will wave lol
ICEFTO
Apprentice

Post by ICEFTO »

well if u want some that arent too pricey bit still good quality then i would recomend X Racing. i have had mine for ages now.
here is the link
http://www.xracing.com.au/product_info. ... cts_id=632

lol there is only one repco ute goin round on the weekdays. my fto just lies dormant at the store while im in it
jakey106
Mechanic

Post by jakey106 »

hey man the web site doesnt work
ICEFTO
Apprentice

Post by ICEFTO »

sorry bro just go to www.racing.com.au and look up fto parts bro
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Hey Guys,

It would be good to get back to going on cruises but I dont think I would until I (insurance) get the damage to the car fixed as the fool that crashed into me lied to his insurance co. about what happened so it's going to be a while before that gets sorted out :evil:

I will probably sell the car as I have been having more engine probs I have a leaking head gasket and looks like my piston rings are gone as I have oil being forced into the throttle body :evil: :evil: :evil:
I'm assuming that, that will cost me an arm and leg to fix not to mention all the money I have spent doing repairs to minor damage over the years. I'm just sick and tired of ppl damaging it. So at the moment I'm not sure what I'm going to do...

Does anyone know a good place to get the engine checked out so I can find out what needs to be fixed and what it will cost me???

Cheers Guys...
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Total Traction in Belconnen. Ive been directing quite a number of FTO's there lately, so they are reasonably familiar with them now.

BTW if you need parts, I have heaps, incl panels, bonnet etc. I currently have 6 FTO's
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Robb
    Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Sweet dude I'll give Total Traction a look and after insurance fix up the damage I'll give you a buzz if I need anything. Cheers....
    ICEFTO
    Apprentice

Post by ICEFTO »

try goin to powamaxx in fyshwick. he is a bloody wizzard mechanic. he also does fabrication. he mostly does jap cars and custom work. he does n=things from NOS systems to minnoe sevice. he knows his stuff and has fairly good prices too. we should also arange a meet or a canberra cruise.
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

So I take it you are based at Repco Fyshwick. Im really close to repco braddon during the day
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      ICEFTO
      Apprentice

Post by ICEFTO »

yeah bro thats right i am. how did u know?
      u seen my car there or sumthin? i havent seen u round @ all.
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

you mentioned you drove the repco ute earlier in the thread and said that youd seen jakey a few times during the day. He works in Fyshwick, so it wasnt really hard to work out. Do you ever do deliveries to Braddon?
        ICEFTO
        Apprentice

Post by ICEFTO »

na bro theres another guy that does all our inter store runs. what u think about a meet sometime? maybe on the long weekend?>
        dstocks
        National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Id love to, but weekends are pretty much out for me as im usually down on my property at the bottom of the Clyde (which is where my family is - just rent in Canberra during the week). Weeknights are about all I can do im afraid. Going to have the build an FTO ute weekend down there soon and will try and get as many members down there for the weekend as I can.Should be a good weekend and if I can get it organised before it gets too hot, may be able to light a fire as well.
          ICEFTO
          Apprentice

Post by ICEFTO »

yea ok sounds good bro give me a yell if u get somthin orgunised. and as for weekdays im free after usuall office hours so...
          Robb
          Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Ladies and Gents how are we? Just thought I would let you know that I finally got all the panel damage fixed looks a lot better now even though they did a crap job of it :cry: Today I have it booked in at Total Traction (Thanks Dwayne) to do a compression test on the engine to find out what stuffed. I'm starting to wee my pants that its going to be REALLY stuffed and cost a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to fix but considering I am driving it between Gungahlin and Bungendore 5-6 days a week with out any real problems I quess it may not be too bad (Fingers crossed)

Dwayne I'm after the plastic splash guard for the inside of the passenger wheel arch, do you possible have one in decent condition?

Cheers
          Robb
          Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Got my car back from TTS and the compression test went good so the rings are fine he thinks the problem is somewhere around some kind of valve not sure what he was really talking about. While they were doing the test they checked my sparkies... GEEEZUS F#$KING CHRIST they have NEVER been changed in thier lives they are the original spark plugs (94' model) they were so badly corroded that there was barely anything left of them. :evil: :evil: :evil: How the hell they were able to generate a spark is beyond me. :?

Worst part is I had a major service recently in which they [Name has been Removed] were meant to change the plugs but obviously didn't but I think they may have charged me for it anyway :evil: (they didn't do a few other things either) so my recommendation is DON'T EVER USE [Name has been removed] in ????? for anything.... I mean they did a bad job and charged me a packet for it...

Dwayne thanks for putting me onto TTS they are top notch and I will be using them in future for any other work that is required I recommend them to everyone...

UPDATE: Company name has been removed as they dispute my claims.

Robb...
          Last edited by Robb on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
          dstocks
          National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

No worries mate. I think they do most of the members FTO's in Canberra now. Best part is that they are honest and have a reasonable idea of what they are doing.

Think I might be able dig up a splash shield somewhere for you. Ill have a look on the weekend.
            Robb
            Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Cheers mate I appreciate it... Got another question for you, the guys at TTS were telling me that the gears were 'flaring' I think that was the word he used and I've noticed that it plays up when changing from 3rd to 4th (4 speed Tip) some times. Looks like the gearbox might be going [they didn't change the trans oil or filter during the major service either :evil: ] So my question is how expensive would it be to get a new tip box installed if it does go or would a manual conversion be cheaper???

I still plan on selling it but I dont feel comfortable selling it to someone if I know it's not in good shape I want to buy another FTO further down the track when my cash flow is better... I don't think I can live without owning an FTO :twisted:

If you don't mind me asking what sort of prices are you paying for the FTO's you pick up at auction???

Cheers.
            Boris
            Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Wow... Robb...
            Welcome back to the road with your FTO, been a while!

So what are you driving to Bungendore for everyday?? ^_^
            Name: Boris
            Rides: Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR, Volvo XC60 & 3 push bikes!