Black FTO with silver veidlside wing. Paladin, was it you?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

spetz
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Black FTO with silver veidlside wing. Paladin, was it you?

Post by spetz »

Hey I think it was you Paladin it was today on some road in belconnen (that main one that goes to florey/civic)

You floored your car in 1st gear and MIVEC popped really loud.
Mine sounds completely different and the pop is not as loud

What's done to your car??
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

That'd definately be Dave there Spetz....I sold him the VS wing and obviously he's not painted it yet.

Haven't heard from him in ages.
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Do you know what hop ups he has?

I think if I remember correctly just exhaust and HKS filter but the MIVEC sound from it was unbelievably fantastic!
Mine sounds great but his is even better
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

boo ya
back from hiatis as it where

the noise is from two things spetz... completly different air flow from stock, 3 inch zorst and newish engine... its only done 80k somthing

yeah probibly was me as i am sure i am the only one that thinks a silver wing looks good... speaking of which it will be black thursday... going to sell the car gotta make it look generic..
EOI - 96 GPX Brembos, Trust zorst, hks airpod, red seats, 17's
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

He's alive!! :o

So what's next Dave??
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

hehe sorry been crazyt bussy... i am the most hated man in canberra at the moment... i am the one who does the ASR for canberra cabs....

i decided i need a new new car, this happened while removing hte turbo from my partners MR2 for a 1200 rebuild and high flow. after scraping my self crazy (mid engine with the turbo in the dead middle of the car!!!!!)
i reached the conclusion that if my fto broke down right now, my partner and i would have a bloody hard time gettign to work.... as i am becoming boring/having to be reliable i decided i need somthing solid.

so i went out and....
for 30k...

bought my self a ralliart colt its a medium between somthing new afordable but a little bit fun.
seats 4 people or 2 with a van like rear

factory recaros
6 stacker mp3
1.5l turbo that hits 100 clicks in 7.2 so fast without having stupid wheel spin for a fwd
getrag (read porsh/supra) gear box, zf clutch,

more ridged then a EVO, its actually assembled seperately to standard colts not a kitted up car

and get this
normal unleaded fuel with 6l to the 100.....
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Nice nice!! Should bring it out sometime to Anzac Parade where Canberra Cruises meets.

www.canberracruises.com

How's Caily's(spelling?) MR2 going these days?? What's the plan for it after her adventure? :)
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

it made 147 with a bad turbo... where hi flowing it now and i am hoping for 157 ! :)
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

So the colt would be way faster than the FTO?
How's it's handling?

And, traction wise, is it due to traction control or you think it has better traction overall?
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

the touqe is so nice :) having 210 from 2800rpm not 6000 makes a big difference!

the tyres are a little to narrow for the toque (sound familure?) but the stabilty controll rains it in, but other all i am comfortably putting her 80kms thorugh a corner i would think aobut to put the fto through at 70.

i am buying some ralliart 17x7s for it when they get released in the next few months and i htink itll make a big difference.