Should have a cruise/ meetup in melb who's in?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

brent88
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Should have a cruise/ meetup in melb who's in?

Post by brent88 »

hey, have never been to a fto cruise but would like to, whats everyone think? while its nice weather, if we had enough people i guess we could set a date
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Re: Should have a cruise/ meetup in melb who's in?

Post by -Nighthawk- »

We were going to do one on the DIY day, unfortunately most members in Victoria have disappeared :\
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

even 5-10 people would be ok wouldent it?
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

haha good luck getting even 5 members :(
Pkat
Grease Monkey

Post by Pkat »

lol the victorians are dying, ive seen couple of ftos on the roads but not many are in this forum or know about it lol. And my fto still needs some cosmetics done lol, yesterday when i finally found my self a VS spoiler the last piece to my kit in the end when i met up with the dude it wasnt even a VS spoiler was some random replica of something else =[, so sad.
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

sh*t thats no good i think they sold replica's of veilsides on ebay, anyway the veilside spoiler is alright but its annoying where it is...... right in the middle, o well u already have shite vision due to the pillar behind ya head on the drivers side lol

1. Brenton
2. Nighthawk?
3. Pkat?

anyone wanna fill in some names to say their interested? maybe we can organise something..?
Pkat
Grease Monkey

Post by Pkat »

yeah well its either the VS spoiler or the Version R which is impossible to find =[. Yeah i dont mind, lol man dont u live a alittle bit to far. I live in the completely opposite direction lol in the Southern suburbs
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

i live in bendigo but id go to melb for a cruise
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I was going to start organising something on the weekend :lol:
LED ALL the things.
Pkat
Grease Monkey

Post by Pkat »

lol im going up dandy mts this saturday for a birthday with some friends.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

That's where I was thinking... Sky High then somewhere for BBQ.
LED ALL the things.
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

I'll be on for a cruise, not 100% sure on the weekend, should be free though
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

As always, depends on the date and whether I'm on call or not.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
BJ
Grease Monkey

Post by BJ »

I wouldn't mine a meet up / cruise, but like nacho, depends if im busy or not.
Plus if we cruise, i can't drive far, for more than an hour straight, because my FTO will over heat...ahhhh.... =P
BJ aka DRFTO
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

sounds like u need a new radiator cap or you have a leak somewhere. see if theres any water on cement when you park, and check the radiator cap, mine had the original one on it and the rubber had gone

think a new 1 cost me $12 from supercheap, worth it even for the peace of mind
BJ
Grease Monkey

Post by BJ »

brent88 wrote:sounds like you need a new radiator cap or you have a leak somewhere. see if theres any water on cement when you park, and check the radiator cap, mine had the original one on it and the rubber had gone

think a new 1 cost me $12 from supercheap, worth it even for the peace of mind
trust me, i've done that already, i've had it checked by 3 mechanics & all of them have found nothing....really odd...but my temperature goes above half way during the summer time, if i go for more than an hour. So ever since then, i dont dare go more than an 1 hour drive...but the funny thing is that the temperature thing has improved a little when i changed my mesh, my mechanic reckons my previous mesh was blocking the intake, so my new mesh has bigger holes, so better intake....not sure if its true or not.....
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Have you tried a new thermostat?
LED ALL the things.
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

do a radiator flush to be sure if u havnt already, does it lose water? i think u can put an egg in there and it finds the hole and plugs it up haha, could be thermostat, the radiator could be blocked, does the radiator take water or put water in the resivour tank? blow on the hose to make sure its not blocked, maybe the head gasket is blown just a littlem, check colour of oil(unlikley). make sure thermo fans are working...... could wire them to a switch for troubleshooting purposes,

i had the excact same problem, whenever i sat above 130kmph, gave the car a thrashing or took car to winton motor raceway my car would overheat but would drive 10-20 min drives it would be fine. if i did 2 laps of winton flatout my car would be on the 'h' think it was the radiator cap but havnt driven realy hard since.....

that being said it could also be your water pump because i know some1 with a fto gr and they fried an engine because it had the same prob as urs. the cooling system is all pressureised so if there is any leaks the whole system wil fail and its not 1 of the problems that will fi itsself but the problem might become more evident with time
BJ
Grease Monkey

Post by BJ »

brent88 wrote:do a radiator flush to be sure if you havnt already, does it lose water? i think you can put an egg in there and it finds the hole and plugs it up haha, could be thermostat, the radiator could be blocked, does the radiator take water or put water in the resivour tank? blow on the hose to make sure its not blocked, maybe the head gasket is blown just a littlem, check colour of oil(unlikley). make sure thermo fans are working...... could wire them to a switch for troubleshooting purposes,

i had the excact same problem, whenever i sat above 130kmph, gave the car a thrashing or took car to winton motor raceway my car would overheat but would drive 10-20 min drives it would be fine. if i did 2 laps of winton flatout my car would be on the 'h' think it was the radiator cap but havnt driven realy hard since.....

that being said it could also be your water pump because i know some1 with a fto gr and they fried an engine because it had the same prob as urs. the cooling system is all pressureised so if there is any leaks the whole system wil fail and its not 1 of the problems that will fi itsself but the problem might become more evident with time
ive done an radiator flush, there's no lose water, changed my thermostat, the radiator does take water & doesn't put water in the reserve tank, fans are working fine....i have changed my water pump before because i had an overheating issue ages ago like 2 years ago, so don't know....but the thing is this happens only in summer.....so don't know.....guess see what happens this summer & hope my overheating issue doesn't happen....thanks for your advice, much apprieciated =)
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

hmmm sounds like time will tell lol
hey, ill prob try and enter my car in vic autosaloon next year i think its good enough.