Timing Belt

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Popo
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Timing Belt

Post by Popo »

Hey guys juz wan to know where can i get the timing belt for fto gpx in melbourne??
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Re: Timing Belt

Post by Supplanter »

Go to a place like Supercheap Auto or Repco and order a Gates T987 belt. You might need to shop around for the price a bit.
LED ALL the things.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah I found cbc bearings or bsc bearing to be the cheapest. They have a kit too.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Popo
Apprentice

Post by Popo »

cool, thanks!!
i went to a mechanic at camberfield couple days ago and that dude said the labour charge for replacing the timing belt would be approximately $400.. is that reasonable cost??
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yes it is resonable, not great not bad.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I think thats a damned good price. He's obviously never done an FTO before lol.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

No I dont think he has lol
yotka
Mechanic

Post by yotka »

Oh boy, I am about 88 888kms away from the next 100k servicing. :(

Should start saving up again.
Popo
Apprentice

Post by Popo »

hey guys, need your help here... i found a website http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php? ... b0s9p37116
and i got a fto gpx 2.0 v6 mivec, juz wan to know is that whole set of thing is what i looking for?
yotka
Mechanic

Post by yotka »

yes, that is the whole set.

Is your engine leaking oil though?

Double half moon seals are usually the part that was worn out and need replacement. Also from camskill.
Popo
Apprentice

Post by Popo »

thankx yotka, yeah my engine leaks oil heavily... need to fix it as soon as possible but the delivery takes time.. i was thinking to get it from local shops like repco or supercheap auto but that would be too expensive..
yotka
Mechanic

Post by yotka »

The whole purchase from Camskill and delivery to you takes under 2 weeks, so if you order now, you might get it by wednesday.

Do you have Malz in your state? The timing belt alone is about $120 - $140, if you buy from them, which is the cheapest I know.

Thing is, if you get your stuff from Camskill, you will probably not have issues with wrong parts.

edit: next wednesday. :lol:
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Bennoz wrote:I think thats a damned good price. He's obviously never done an FTO before lol.
I was quoted $360.00 from a Mitsubishi dealership??
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Bennoz wrote:I think thats a damned good price. He's obviously never done an FTO before lol.
I've guides to replacing the timing belt on a Mitsubishi and the process is very similar to what I did on the FTO. I guess it's a done one DOHC V6 Mitsubishi you have done them all.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

payaya wrote:
I've guides to replacing the timing belt on a Mitsubishi and the process is very similar to what I did on the FTO. I guess it's a done one DOHC V6 Mitsubishi you have done them all.
Its called 'coming to terms with doing a sh*t of a job, in a sh*t of a little space.' Once you get over that little mental hurdle, you're on easy street :lol:
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Bennoz wrote:
payaya wrote:
Its called 'coming to terms with doing a sh*t of a job, in a sh*t of a little space.' Once you get over that little mental hurdle, you're on easy street :lol:
Totally agreed! Even the timing case was a bitch from memory!