info on fromer owner

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Zender
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

info on fromer owner

Post by Zender »

hi guys i and hoping someone may be able to help me track down the last owner of my gr as i have just found out it is still has reg and i can't go forward with getting it in my name till he cancles it or signs it over to me reg is "wfm 873"any help would be great
Jamie
FTOwnage
Mechanic

Re: info on fromer owner

Post by FTOwnage »

Zender wrote:hi guys i and hoping someone may be able to help me track down the last owner of my gr as i have just found out it is still has reg and i can't go forward with getting it in my name till he cancles it or signs it over to me reg is "wfm 873"any help would be great
Jamie
Hope you still have a receipt of sale.

Best bet would be the RTA. You may have a bit of trouble without rego papers.
FTO GPvR 6A13 Single Turbo (Almost finished....)
FTOwnage
Mechanic

Post by FTOwnage »

Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

So you bought a car without knowing the sellers name, address or any other important details and paid him cash? (as paypal/bank etc would give you a name..)
Not the smartest move, i wouldnt be surprised if its been reported as stolen and he denies the whole sale.
You're possibly in possession of a "stolen" car with no proof of sale and cant even identify any details about the seller :?
RTA wont help at all, theyll just say you need the papers, and if not they cant do sh*t.
If you have no way of contacting the previous owner in any way...sorry to say but you're pretty screwed - cant think of anything myself..
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
FTOwnage
Mechanic

Post by FTOwnage »

How did you come to buy the car?

Where did you buy the car? Met him somewhere (shopping centre/house).
Did you call him or message him?

If Taz is right and it is stolen, the police will have to reclaim it (on behalf of it's owner) and you most likely won't be reimbursed.

But the RTA may be able to tell you if it is stolen or not.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

hahahahahahahaha
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

silverGPX wrote:hahahahahahahaha
Lololololol
Zender
Apprentice

Post by Zender »

car is not stolen have checks on that the guy i got it from did not change it in to his name and vic roads can't give me the name of the guy who was the last one to have it regged so stuck with a car that i can't do anything with
Jamie
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

So you bought a car off a guy who didnt have the rego in his name? What about the blue slip? Do you have any written proof that he was the rightful owner, and that he rightfully sold it to you? If you dont have that then yes - you're stuck with a car that you cant do anything with. It also means that he was illegally driving a car in someone elses rego too. You're lucky that it is not a stolen car.
Your only course of action is to try get into contact with your seller, so that he may give you any chance of contacting the previous owner to get it changed.
Retsub
Grease Monkey

Post by Retsub »

Registration does not prove ownership

As per QLD registration paperwork just because the car is registered in your name does not mean that you own it.

But i must admit it was very silly that you didnt get it sorted the day you bought it.

Can't you just go and hand the plates in deregister it and then get new rego in your name.

all you need to do then is put market value on the paperwork for stamp duty
1. 94 Scotia White GPX, XYZ Racing coilovers, 17" Rims (Son's Car)
2. 99 Hyundai Excel sprint (Another Son's Car) GOT TO SELL THIS
3. 02 Mazda E1800i (paper delivery van)
4. 02 Prado V6 (Wife's Car)
5. 04 Toyota Camry Sportivo 3L V6 (My Car)
6. 02 Ford Focus 2L Zetec Black (other sons other car)
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

I would assume the person who owns the car has to de-register it or you will have to have the paperwork to prove your the owner (or that means i could go rip the plates off a car in the street and de-register it and register it in my name)
Seems that his seller has bought off a dodgy seller, and then realized and gotten rid of it to Zender.
Unfortunate but theres little the RTA can do - for all they know its a stolen car that hasnt been reported yet. Couple that with the fact that he doesnt even have a clue who its registered too..
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Oh ffs you're making it sound so bad lol
Go and hand the plates in and deregister the car...
Re register in your name lol
whats with all the stolen crap talk? lol
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

I'm just saying, i doubt any old person can hand in the plates. Its also different in NSW. Think about it. Right now he is some random person who doesn't in anyway know the person wh'os name its in, or has any proof he owns the vehicle. I would be extremely surprised if he could just de-register it like that. If he can, that means any old c**t off the street can steal some plates and de-register a car - the'yd be in the same situation.
I might be completely wrong, but it makes sense that he can't...
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

I de registered my sisters car for her and re registered it in my mums name lol
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Well, thats QLD, and you are her brother...lol this is a bit different ;)
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

As the saying goes "buyer beware"

You should have a receipt and rego papers signed over to you when purchasing a car at a minimum
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Anyways, i'm out
Attachments
379771_10152455764865578_536788067_n.jpg
379771_10152455764865578_536788067_n.jpg (6.94 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Me too
Attachments
FTO_SPACE_SHUTTLE_Small.jpg
FTO_SPACE_SHUTTLE_Small.jpg (85.21 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

You wont be able to hand in the plates as you will need to be the registered owner and provide your drivers licence.

Get a speeding fine using a traffic camera and itll get sent to the registered owners address.... let them work it out. :)

You did a big poopie in the way you have conducted yourself with this sale, but i think u recognise that.

Other option is, depending when the rego ends, let it expire, get a RWC and re-register it.
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Cassf88 wrote:Get a speeding fine using a traffic camera and itll get sent to the registered owners address.... let them work it out. :)
Haha not a bad idea at all, it'll all get sorted out quick smart then, since no-one likes paying someone elses fine :lol:
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)