Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: EOI working bee

Post by I8A4RE »

What happened garth, are you alright?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Hey Simon,

In August I quit my job and then in September I put my back out. Had a day in hospital and not me until January to get active again. Lost plent of weight though, with is good. Still a little sore every now and then at the moment but I am getting better day by day. Thanks for the concern. Hopefully I'll find a job and start working part time in the next few months then get back to normal around mid year.

Bloody hurt my back a bit today trying to get my laser reading for sale. Should only take a couple of days of taking it easier to recover though hopefully.

Cheers mate
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Oh mate that is so sh*t to hear. I hope you get better soon mate. I do know somewhat what you are going through, I have been dealing with chronic back and leg pain for the last 4 years off and on. Some days I am great, others I can't walk.

Anyway good luck mate, and I hope a full recovery is just round the corner.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

thanks mate, seeming better today. As you say I have bad days and good days. Just getting to a point that there are more good days than bad ;)
Eltnot
Mechanic

Post by Eltnot »

I've got a few things to do on my FTO so keen to join in on a DYI day if I have enough notice to make sure I'm ahead on my uni studies. Happy to both learn and help out where I can.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

what do you need done eltnot? i can do most things for a small amount of $$$ if your interested
Eltnot
Mechanic

Post by Eltnot »

Main issue at the moment is that I need to swap out my steering rack boots. It should be a pretty straight forward job, I just want someone there to make sure I don't stuff it up. All the rest is pretty much cosmetic stuff.

I'm not in much of a hurry at the moment as it's only getting driven once or twice a week around to the local shops etc.
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Hi Elnot, do you know if the steering rack boots are full or fluid or not?

I found when my boots were split at the cause was the rack seals were stuffed. The fluid leaked into the boots and caused them to split as they have no ability to expand.

Just might be worth looking into because if this is the cause replacing the boots won't fix it, they will just split again.
Eltnot
Mechanic

Post by Eltnot »

I haven't verified them myself, it's just what my mechanic told me back up in Rocky before I came down. When I get a chance I'll jack it up and get underneath for a look. They just said that they were starting to split and to replace them as a preventative measure.
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

cool mate, might be worth taking it to a suspension and steering joint. They should be able to tell you and might let you have a look while its on the hoist. They are a bit hard to see with just a jack.

Which mechanic in Rocky mate? I moved down 5 years ago.
Eltnot
Mechanic

Post by Eltnot »

RallyMad wrote:Which mechanic in Rocky mate? I moved down 5 years ago.
Robo's Motor Works

The son of the guy who runs Robo's Tyre Works on Wandal Road. They're located on North Street just down from the show grounds. He was pretty good, with an attention to detail, and the one time they screwed up (didn't check my brake pads and they wore out a month after the service), they gave me $100 labour free on the next job.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Unsticky this bad boy too
Taz wrote:When funds allow
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Kustom wrote:Unsticky this bad boy too
Or you could get a life?
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Tad uncalled for but okay
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Dont feed the troll, work with him.. call him a c**t & give him the finger ;)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Kustom wrote:Tad uncalled for but okay
Lol
Bennoz wrote:Dont feed the troll, work with him.. call him a c**t & give him the finger ;)
Fkn lol
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

silverGPX wrote:what do you need done eltnot? i can do most things for a small amount of $$$ if your interested
uhaaaaaaaaah! may get you to do some things for me then!
You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

What do you need done?