Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Taz
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Brisbane: Servicing and General Repairs

Post by Taz »

Hey guys

So with the next two weeks on annual leave im going to have a bit of time on my hands to do some work, and with Matt being too busy with his new job i think ill happily pick up the ball here and offer services to the Brisbane owners.

Can do everything Matt can do - probably more and have all the tools ready to go etc - we are currently in the process of changing Matt's clutch at the moment, so most things can be done minus major engine work (i.e. replacing internals/swapping motors etc)

I will offer a complete service for $150 - which includes changing g/box oil, engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter, wiper blades and topping up everything else (p/steering and brake fluid and water lol) Obviously i would supply any and all things needed. Box oil will be penrite 75-80w GL4, engine oil will be a non synth oil (castrol edge 15-40 or your choice, also happy to go synth if your willing to make up the 40-50 dollar difference) If i can get my hands on it a K&N oil filter (otherwise generic), and teflon wiper blades (from memory its an extra 5 odd dollars to get different color blades).If needed i will also replace brake pads for an extra 20, + cost of pads (unless supplied). I will be making maybe 30 dollars labor on all of this so i challenge you to find a cheaper price.

Will do jobs up to (but not limited to) replacing suspension, mounts, rotors, general items like sensors, starter motors etc but not some of the bigger gruesome tasks like engine swaps, replacing pistons and sh*t, will probably tackle head gaskets price dependant and depending on how i feel, adjusting tappets too. Will do clutches and sway bars also.

I can be reached on 0406017753 - all other prices will be dependent but will be at least 1/2 the price of any other mechanic.

Cheers

All prices are subject to change and will be cash in hand/bank transfer.

Reminding people i can also do custom boot installs as well - saddens me to see giant lumbering subs clunking round in the back doing nothing.
http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.ph ... ls#p309311
Last edited by Taz on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Taz
Oldtimer

Re: Brisbane: Servicing and General Repairs

Post by Taz »

Bump.
I know of a few of you who need a good service!
With the recent purchase of a professional spray gun I will tackle spraying bumpers at first, maybe in the future a closed door respray if I get good enough. If I can do a front bar from cans that looks immaculate...
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

bro, fix my speedo issue, il giv you 100 bucks.... i bought ignition failure sensor of dwayne, still no go, i cant confirm if the 'speed sensor'has been replaced before >_<, though im busy this weekend
You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

I will definitely tackle it dude, ive also got a speedometer input sensor here off the wreck i can try as well.
Next two weeks off so let us know - no charge if i cannot find the issue
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

Taz wrote:I will definitely tackle it dude, ive also got a speedometer input sensor here off the wreck i can try as well.
Next two weeks off so let us know - no charge if i cannot find the issue
hows next sunday man? :)
You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

unless, weekdays early? i start work 2-3pm daily
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Pm sent.

I will also do engine mounts for $20 labor, 50 for all 4 if your feeling jipper.
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

dno where to get/how much it costs for the mounts though? id have to wait a few weeks got few things to do over next fortnight >_< and priority is speedo lol.. so scared of speeding atm
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Roughly 200ish for all 4 mounts depending on where you source them from - and re-reading that post it does sound like im talking to just you lmao but that was meant for everyone :) :lol:
I can definitely take a look at the cluster, sounds like some shotty wiring or a fucked cluster to me, and the brake lights...well bring her in ill give it a once over
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Also, only this week is now good for me as i have a trial at a workshop down the road for a job. So i will now have to take bookings to fit people in but from now on i should have all weekends off.
Taiwo
Mechanic

Post by Taiwo »

can u help fit my front bar properly? panel beater didn't do a great job?
ImageImage
"Is that a supra???".
"What's a Mitsubishi FTO?"
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Depends on what the problem is, if its just bad alignment then sure, however if the bar itself is a poor fit im not a fiberglasser so i wont be able to do much.
Im free saturday and sunday if you want to pop around - txt me when your free :)
Taiwo
Mechanic

Post by Taiwo »

depending if i get my new sensors this weekend i can come on Sunday if not i can come some time next week. am not too sure if it is bad alignment or just the bar so we shall soon see.
i also need to fix my door mirror rattle

also do u know anything on fixing cylinder block gasket leak?
ImageImage
"Is that a supra???".
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Taiwo wrote:depending if i get my new sensors this weekend i can come on Sunday if not i can come some time next week. am not too sure if it is bad alignment or just the bar so we shall soon see.
i also need to fix my door mirror rattle

also do you know anything on fixing cylinder block gasket leak?
As in the head gasket? Thats a biggie if so. To be honest i could probably tackle it and do it, but for peace of mind this would be probably the one thing i would recommend getting a shop to do, as at least then you are covered if they dont fix it properly. It will be off the road for a few a weekend if you still want me to tackle it.
Taiwo
Mechanic

Post by Taiwo »

do u know how much it would be to do it?
ImageImage
"Is that a supra???".
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Taiwo wrote:do you know how much it would be to do it?
Well the gaskets would be around 160-180 delivered, then you have misc which would i guess bring parts up to 200 roughly.
Then the labour itself, i would probably want around the 100 mark.

On second thought, might be wise to go to a shop, if you have slight warping going on i wont be able to machine the heads flat, and youd have to spring for a tow there and back etc. How bad is it leaking?
Taiwo
Mechanic

Post by Taiwo »

So around $700 min. The leaking is not too bad just gotta make sure I check the oil here n there. U can access it when I bring it in to do the bumper.
ImageImage
"Is that a supra???".
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Taiwo wrote:So around $700 min. The leaking is not too bad just gotta make sure I check the oil here n there. you can access it when I bring it in to do the bumper.
Whered you get 700 lmao? or was that what you were quoted somewhere else?
Yea ill take a look with the bumper and we will see how we go - number at the top post
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Gasket set from here http://www.camskill.co.uk/m3b0s9p5811/_ ... V6_Engines

Not sure if you can find just the head gasket. Part # is MD974020 for the set.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Taiwo
Mechanic

Post by Taiwo »

Taz wrote:
Taiwo wrote:So around $700 min. The leaking is not too bad just gotta make sure I check the oil here n there. you can access it when I bring it in to do the bumper.
Whered you get 700 lmao? or was that what you were quoted somewhere else?
Yea ill take a look with the bumper and we will see how we go - number at the top post
Hahaha I was just throwing a random number out there. My brother rckns I would be looking at 1.5k to get it fixed or possibly more for labour n parts. I havent checked around yet.
Daniel2019 wrote:Gasket set from here http://www.camskill.co.uk/m3b0s9p5811/_ ... V6_Engines

Not sure if you can find just the head gasket. Part # is MD974020 for the set.
. Cheers man. I will see if dstocks or bennoz has one first. I cant order through camset anyway cause it keeps asking me for a code on my visa card that I dont have
ImageImage
"Is that a supra???".