ImageImage
"Is that a supra???".
"What's a Mitsubishi FTO?"
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Re: Engine Rework

Post by SchumieFan »

nooooooooo

first off, without the 4 pin alt, your mivec wont work (cue "fix my mivec dwayne")

the ecu's are the same whether manual or auto, as dan said the auto ecu (TCU) is seperate and plugs into the ecu.

do it properly or dont bother - youre just inviting a whole lot of pain and frustration... you are trying to piggyback systems that just werent designed to do what you want them to do... who knows what kind of errors you are gonna throw.

hit up dwayne (dstocks) and get the right parts you need.
Taiwo
Mechanic

Post by Taiwo »

SchumieFan wrote:nooooooooo

first off, without the 4 pin alt, your mivec wont work (cue "fix my mivec dwayne")

the ecu's are the same whether manual or auto, as dan said the auto ecu (TCU) is seperate and plugs into the ecu.

do it properly or dont bother - youre just inviting a whole lot of pain and frustration... you are trying to piggyback systems that just werent designed to do what you want them to do... who knows what kind of errors you are gonna throw.

hit up dwayne (dstocks) and get the right parts you need.
I am getting a ECU and custom intakes out of a version R. I am just after wiring harness and alternator which I will get soon from a GPX. I have done some looking around and some research since I posted last message :D :D

So I am avoiding the hard road of trying to mix and match and stuffing up this engine.

Thanks for the warnings.
ImageImage
"Is that a supra???".
"What's a Mitsubishi FTO?"
Mivec swapped gx
Apprentice

Post by Mivec swapped gx »

I have a mivec swapped gx and it seems to have the gr ecu in it running the mivec engine any idea how this is possible
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

What's the ECU part number?