Meetings with MCA monthly

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

vipfto
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Meetings with MCA monthly

Post by vipfto »

Every last wednesday (may be changing to Friday) MCA have a simple meet and chat night at villies cafe from 7.30pm.

This is a good chance to meet some other club members and just have a chat with other car enthusiasts in general. There are a couple of FTO's and/or owners there sometimes also

Feel free to come along and say hi.

Its not a cruise or photo shoot type event just a catch up to say hi over coffee and a chat
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Re: Meetings with MCA monthly

Post by KatieFTO »

vipfto wrote:Every last wednesday (may be changing to Friday) MCA have a simple meet and chat night at villies cafe from 7.30pm.

This is a good chance to meet some other club members and just have a chat with other car enthusiasts in general. There are a couple of FTO's and/or owners there sometimes also

Feel free to come along and say hi.

Its not a cruise or photo shoot type event just a catch up to say hi over coffee and a chat

Vip do you have a block n tackle that I could borrow at all?
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

I can get hold of one, just need to transport it, I have a trailer but no tow bar :roll:
and im on holiday from now so maybe can help you out :D

are you removing your motor?
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

vipfto wrote:I can get hold of one, just need to transport it, I have a trailer but no tow bar :roll:
and im on holiday from now so maybe can help you out :D

are you removing your motor?

How big is it? Do you think it would fit in a van if not I can borrow a car wiht a tow bar :)
Yeah motor is coming out. Cars getting a full respray and while the motor and what not is out and head gaskets are getting changed.Then i'll get around to doing the interior and it'll finally be neat again and not look thrashed and trashed haha
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

yeah can fit in van, but will have to borrow from a place in modbury and will need to be returned next day, but if you go to kennards they also hir them (reasonable price too) If you need help to pull motor let me know should be able to remove it pretty quick for ya only about 4 hours if un prepped ;)
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

vipfto wrote:yeah can fit in van, but will have to borrow from a place in modbury and will need to be returned next day, but if you go to kennards they also hir them (reasonable price too) If you need help to pull motor let me know should be able to remove it pretty quick for ya only about 4 hours if un prepped ;)
I already roppe a couple of mates into helping but thanks heaps for the offer :)

Know much about exhausts? I hate mine haha way to big sounds stupid and looks try hard lol I would like to do somthing about it
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

KatieFTO wrote:
vipfto wrote:yeah can fit in van, but will have to borrow from a place in modbury and will need to be returned next day, but if you go to kennards they also hir them (reasonable price too) If you need help to pull motor let me know should be able to remove it pretty quick for ya only about 4 hours if un prepped ;)
I already roppe a couple of mates into helping but thanks heaps for the offer :)

Know much about exhausts? I hate mine haha way to big sounds stupid and looks try hard lol I would like to do somthing about it
yip know a little bit, or a lot ;) tell ya what let me know when your free next week sometime you can check out my exhaust (sounds real hot) and can check out work on your car if you like (i'll be bored anyway as missus has to work all week so I will just be lazing aroound :D ) and if you need that hoist let me know in advance so I can organise it
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

What do you have on yours?
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

extractors, hi flow cat (sometimes de cat pipe 8) ) 2.5inch mandrel bent with resonator and dytech racing cannon. It really screams at high revs but is nice and growling at lower revs (also its manual and used to sound slightly different when was auto but still awesome) When backing off the power sounds real good too. Kinda have to hear it to know what I mean
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

Nice! Mines 3" sounds really good at anything over 100 haha but how often do you get to do that? Sounds so spitty and dumb at any other speed so embarasing haha
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

KatieFTO wrote:Nice! Mines 3" sounds really good at anything over 100 haha but how often do you get to do that? Sounds so spitty and dumb at any other speed so embarasing haha
yeah 3inch piping is too big for N/A cars you lose too much back pressure 2.5 is optimum for power on these cars ;)
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

vipfto wrote:
KatieFTO wrote:Nice! Mines 3" sounds really good at anything over 100 haha but how often do you get to do that? Sounds so spitty and dumb at any other speed so embarasing haha
yeah 3inch piping is too big for N/A cars you lose too much back pressure 2.5 is optimum for power on these cars ;)
would any type of twin set up work out?
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

yip pretty simple just need 2.5 until you split it can either do it after muffler or before and use two boxes bit of work involved as new bends and mounts need to be made etc but any good exhaust shop should be able to manage it for you oh and I reckon twins look hot, once I change my rear bar gonna go that way too 8)