Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kiz
SA Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Meet & Greet

Post by kiz »

Hey guys,

I will be down in Adelaide on the 25th of March (in exactly a months time). I figured since i'm probably the furthest out I would arrange this. Hoping to have a meet and cruise while i'm down. If there is interest in a meet I will bring my FTO down with me.

DATE: 25th of MARCH which is a Sunday

TIME: will be arranged closer to date

PLACE: will arrange when we know who is coming, probably somewhere central to Adelaide for convenience.

Let me know
Cheers ;)
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Re: Meet & Greet

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Sounds very keen to me!

I'll be able to make it, work, family and friends can wait, I need myself some car time. :D
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Ok so as I told ObsidianRadio in a PM. Cruise, potentially at dusk or just prior to. I was just watching a video of 2008 cruise done by the SA guys from Adelaide to Victor Harbour. Maybe something similar can be arranged.

Let's get some more people onto this.
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

im in, if ya need some help organising let me know :D
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

That makes three of us, figured we meet, greet, eat and then hit the street. Yea rhyming intentional haha.

How many other active members are there in SA at the moment that you know of vipfto?

ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

I'm so keen for this. Will get a few pics done and we can make a solid evening of it!
Jack

vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

I know of a few other FTO owners but dont really seem to be active, has been a long time since there been a few active ones here :D
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

I'm going to be looking up a few show 'n' shines we could maybe enter in...I never EVER see any FTOs at any of these events and I think we should get some club stickers and fliers down here and start representing the FTO!
Jack

kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

ObsidianRadio wrote:I'm so keen for this. Will get a few pics done and we can make a solid evening of it!
Most definitely, will make the cost in fuel to get down there worth it ;). Haven't taken the FTO for a big drive yet which will be great.

Get some good photos and hopefully get this state going again ;).

I PMd Bennoz about the club stickers last night but still no reply. Would love to have them on my windows

vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

got plenty of flyers but no stickers
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Yea, Bennoz told me that he is getting more stickers soon.. Definitely get this going for sure

ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

I'll come up your way soon Tim, sounds like I need a coolant flush :P Bit simpler than the alternator at least!

Definitely something I should do before going for a long cruise...Temp issue only occurs when going up the Freeway to crafers :S So weird!

Wonder if Bennoz could do us a deal in a bulk purchase of stickers...
Jack

vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

no prob Jack

Im on holidays from 12th march for futuremusic then off to Melbourne for the F1 GP so can do either next weekend or when I get back ;)
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Yea i'm taking my FTO for a big drive this weekend to Murray Bridge and around. If there are any problems they should be fixed before the meet. I am thinking of flushing the coolant in mine just so I know it is fresh, don't know if they did it at the importers.. Might do an oil change too and put in some real oil, not this cheap sh*t they put in it...

I might eventually transfer my rego over to SA, still driving around with NSW rego and plates, it'll protect me from those evil defects that I might have here in SA until I find out if they are defectable or not ;)

ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

kiz wrote:I might eventually transfer my rego over to SA, still driving around with NSW rego and plates, it'll protect me from those evil defects that I might have here in SA until I find out if they are defectable or not ;)

Knowing SAPOL, you'll get defected for the NSW plates alone ;) Hahahaha!
Jack

ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

vipfto wrote:no prob Jack

Im on holidays from 12th march for futuremusic then off to Melbourne for the F1 GP so can do either next weekend or when I get back ;)
Yeah no worries man! I'm going to Futures too...Media pass! So keen on Skrillex and Van Dyk ^_^
Jack

kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

ObsidianRadio wrote:
kiz wrote:I might eventually transfer my rego over to SA, still driving around with NSW rego and plates, it'll protect me from those evil defects that I might have here in SA until I find out if they are defectable or not ;)

Knowing SAPOL, you'll get defected for the NSW plates alone ;) Hahahaha!
Nope, provided the registered name on the vehicle is mine in NSW I have up to 3 months to register it in the state of residence. I already asked my local police officer regarding that and that is what he recommended keeping until I work out what the differences are in SA compared to NSW. Because at the moment SAPOL is technically only allowed to defect me according to NSW standards because it is still a NSW vehicle, they can however put in an enquiry into the transport office in NSW for an exemption. Whereas if I registered it here in SA they can do a world of hurt to me with the standards changes if I don't do my homework first. Which is why it is getting inspected by one of my mate's dads who is a Transport SA inspector, only costing me a slab of beer (which is much cheaper than if Regency got there hands on it)

My local police officer however did tell me that he would never attempt to defect me if he pulled me over because he simply has NO idea what he is meant to be looking for (good ole' country cops ey). He knows headlights and simple stuff like that but modifications and stuff he isn't up to date in it. He however did ask me what size my rims were, which are 17" lightweights and he said he could do me for that if he were an asshole. Apparantly it is defectable to have any rims on a vehicle other than those of the stock vehicle due to the alteration in the ADR standards.

As you can see I HAVE been doing my homework ;) :)

Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

But if you've done your homework, you'll know that it's half the price to re-register the car in SA than it is up in N$W... :P
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Bennoz wrote:But if you've done your homework, you'll know that it's half the price to re-register the car in SA than it is up in N$W... :P
Yea I know that, i'm going to run out the rego in NSW and then switch to SA, just keeping the NSW rego until I have all bases covered with the legalities in regards to defects in SA ;)

vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

kiz wrote:
Bennoz wrote:But if you've done your homework, you'll know that it's half the price to re-register the car in SA than it is up in N$W... :P
Yea I know that, i'm going to run out the rego in NSW and then switch to SA, just keeping the NSW rego until I have all bases covered with the legalities in regards to defects in SA ;)

You only have to do a numbers check ;)

Dont worry bout the defects etc mine is a defect magnet and never had an issue.

Provided your not on P plates you wont be bothered by them, I been done for the odd ticket and not once have they gone over the car thakfully. In saying that I 30 something and dont drive a thrashed out commonwhore :D
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI