Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kiz
SA Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Meet & Greet

Post by kiz »

vipfto wrote:Provided your not on P plates you wont be bothered by them
Funny you might say that, I am in fact on P's. Would be on full license however one month out I got done for breach of P speed, they disqualified my license a month later and now i'm on a probationary license (pretty harsh considering it was my first offence apart from a stupid fog light in a built up area fine). Which is P1's for 2 year then 1 year on P2s then full license. So just over a year longer on P1s. That is why i'm crossing my Ts and dotting my Is and making sure they cant get me for nothing.

I think P platers are hunted in the same manner as the jews. We are marked with a symbol showing us apart from others for easy checking, we have all these stupid rules that stop us from doing things, next they will be rounding us up to get us out of the way, well I guess Regency is almost the equivalent..

(don't mean to offend with my previous paragraph, simply a comparison)
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

kiz wrote:
vipfto wrote:Provided your not on P plates you wont be bothered by them
Funny you might say that, I am in fact on P's. Would be on full license however one month out I got done for breach of P speed, they disqualified my license a month later and now i'm on a probationary license (pretty harsh considering it was my first offence apart from a stupid fog light in a built up area fine). Which is P1's for 2 year then 1 year on P2s then full license. So just over a year longer on P1s. That is why i'm crossing my Ts and dotting my Is and making sure they cant get me for nothing.

I think P platers are hunted in the same manner as the jews. We are marked with a symbol showing us apart from others for easy checking, we have all these stupid rules that stop us from doing things, next they will be rounding us up to get us out of the way, well I guess Regency is almost the equivalent..

(don't mean to offend with my previous paragraph, simply a comparison)
Nah not really, just modified cars. Even still I don't really get problems from the police... It's all about how you drive ;)
Taz wrote:When funds allow
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Yea well i've taken so many mods off my vehicle that I can't have on due to my license restrictions, it's B-S. Got a pile of stuff sitting in my laundry that i'm going to hold onto for when I can chuck them back on. Including my ARC air intake kit and stuff. The importer wanted to switch me it for a stock filter setup and I told him where to go.

Just crazy to the extent that they go trying to get "dangerous P platers and car" off the road. I drive responsibly (yea I know, we've all heard that one before) yet they still see me as a hoon and it's annoying..
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

I f**ked the P-plate laws off for ages and drove my fully hectic VL Calais V8 around for ages, got pulled over at least once a week, and they never said anything about me driving a V8, nor opened the bonnet...The reason why? I'm very polite and considerate to police offers, and I don't drive like a f**kwit...It all comes down to attitude i think :)

As for the Jew thing...Yeah, I think P platers are the new Jews and regency is the new concentration camp >_< It's horrible D:
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Yea well see on my previous license I could drive anything, whether it be turbo or V8, however when I had my license disqualified I was unsure what my restrictions were because of the new P plater restrictions brought in September 2010. Technically I was reissued my P plates under the Probationary license so my assumption was that I had the new restrictions, I should actually ask that question, because if i'm under the old restrictions i'm chucking back on my mods haha ;).

But yea i'm cool with police, they are doing their jobs, i've never been breath-tested and the only two times i've been pulled over was for my foglights on in my Mazda MX6 in Glenelg (copper said his personal hate is people using foglights in the city) which was a $121 fine but he said he wouldn't give me the one demerit point. The second was the breach of P speed and well I honestly deserved that for the speed I was doing (bad day, probably should have not been on the road at all). That day got worse obviously. $684 fine and loss of license. Which I considered a bit harsh for someone who's only previous was foggies...

ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Yeah, cops are usually alright if you're nice to em! I'm in the same boat as you...I was driving a V8 from the first day of my P's, and I had an accident in my SL/E when another car run a red light and hit me while I was turning...Because there were naturally no witnesses or cameras, it was their word against mine and being the P plater, I took the blame for their stupidity! So I copped a license disqualification andgot it back on a safer driver agreement...Sucks sometimes cause I see all these retards in their shithole VN commodores ripping skids in the marion carpark, yet i'm the one copping the license loss from an ACCIDENT...I never got done for speeding, never got done for any dangerous driving, never been defected or shown a bad attitude...It's just disgraceful how those who choose to willingly break the law are the ones who always seem tog et away with it!

My mate's been in SAPOL for a couple of years so he's happy to go over my car with a fine-toothed comb and tell me what I could get done for...He can't wait to check out the FTO! Thanks to him, I've mnaged to avoid defects for 3 years now, wooo top bloke! :D
Jack

kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Yep, the P plater topic is an infuriating topic.

I'm very good mates with the local copper, played football with him and everything but like I said, he told me he doesn't know what he's looking for, most country cops don't, it's mainly the younger cops or the city cops who know. Not the older country coppers.

But yea hopefully tomorrow night when my car get's checked over it will be all 100% sweet.

ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Duude. If you red this before 4pm today, listen to Fresh 92.7. ;)
Jack

kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

i'm reading this at 5:20pm, and pretty sure I don't get that station out here haha. What did I miss?

ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Presenter was talking about FTOs and playing rad-sick music. ;)
Jack

bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Talking about FTOs...on radio?

what was he saying?