How things change

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Ftogranny
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

How things change

Post by Ftogranny »

I rejoind this forum for help advice and friendship but it seems things have changed , I see some ppl that are willing to help but after being called a junky and judged on where I live I feel things have changed to much here un sa for me , maybe you that are new here should look back a few years and see what sa use to have and how much respect sa members had for each other
bjk
Totes

Re: How things change

Post by bjk »

Not to be rude, but I think you might be taking the comments a little too seriously. Sometimes people here are a bit... abrasive, haha, in their humour which I guess is a bit of a culture shock. But on the whole I don't think many people here are actually judgemental about those sorts of things.

Agreed, sometimes people go a bit far (You can ask Phil069 about his experience with that :lol: ), generally though it's just guys having a laugh, sometimes at other people, but I have seen them be able to laugh at themselves as well.

Gosh that got long really quickly.

(do other members agree with me?)
Last edited by bjk on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Nah the junkie comment was really rude, I agree...
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

bjk wrote:Agreed, sometimes people go a bit far (You can ask Phil069 about his experience with that :lol: ), generally though it's just guys having a laugh, sometimes at other people, but I have seem them be able to laugh at themselves as well.
(do other members agree with me?)
How dare you mention my name bjk :lol:
I never go too far, I don't know what you are talking about, I think you are mistaking me with someone else, It wasn't me....really.....it wasn't :roll:
That's it I'm taking my bat and ball and going home :arrow:

Anyhoo......I have more than redeemed myself with the awesomely fantastic help I have provided, online, over the phone and physically.
I have helped SA, QLD, NSW. I have even helped an elderly non-member with her FTO. I'm going to start a thread..........The Memoirs of PHIL069 :cheeky:

BTW Ftogranny.....I think that the junkie comment was just a play with words, not meant to be taken literally, jokes jokes jokes ;)

No animals where hurt during the production of this post :lol:
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

What is the back story to this? Link?

Ftogranny, the problem with internet forums is everyone feels very secure and anonymous sitting behind their computer and are often rude for whatever reasons. Things always escalate quicker than they should and a big problem arises from nothing.
Unfortunately this is how things are and for the most part it's a couple of idiots which taint the whole community
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

honestly, i think people are overreacting to a simple comment that was clearly intended as a joke in good humor
he didnt directly come out and say "ftogranny your a junky" and made it pretty clear he wasnt being 'serious' or intentionally disrespectful.
Fair enough the joke wasnt to your humor but you dont need to stand back and accuse the whole forum of being disrespectful and judgemental.
With the whole area crack(s) deal i mean come on, every single town has a next door neighbor town thats 'retarded' or what not, just like the states do with each other - he was not in any way saying your a poor bad person for living in said area or even hinted at it, from my point it seems you read into the thread a little too much :(

I guess i can see where your coming from, but you really shouldnt be where you are - also keep in mind this is the internet - and if your going to take offence to everything everyone says then your gonna have a bad time. Not trying to be disrespectful in any way with this post, just trying to shed some light on the situation for you so you might come to understand and overcome.

If not then maybe this forum isnt for you - as it can tend to get out of hand fairly quickly here, the tides have changed and a new wave of members are in (myself included) so you cant expect the same behavior from different people unfortunately.
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!