Moving to SA

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

stoogey*
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Moving to SA

Post by stoogey* »

Hey guys after a bit of advice moving to SA from NSW.

I have bushido's noisy NSW rego'ed car, and need to change to SA rego soon.

Bit worried I'll have to go to Regency Park and they'll take a good look at the mods and defect it.

Any advice?
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Get a stock system off a member down there lol. Or put a resonator or two in at a muffler joint. Wont be over $300 for two resonators.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Just a numbers check you wont have to go over pits. They only pick up obvious issues so if unsure bout zorst put baffle plate in just in case.
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

vipfto wrote:Just a numbers check you wont have to go over pits. They only pick up obvious issues so if unsure bout zorst put baffle plate in just in case.
Yea basically ask for a MR29. That's the police check, but a lot of cops won't do it anymore, they check the VIN and engine number to ensure they match up, then you lodge your MR29 and register it that way
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

I didn't have to get any checks done, but the NSW regos were already in my name.
I didn't have to pay stamp duty either, just had to go change it rego to SA, pay for SA plates and pay for 3 months rego.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

PHIL069 wrote:I didn't have to get any checks done, but the NSW regos were already in my name.
I didn't have to pay stamp duty either, just had to go change it rego to SA, pay for SA plates and pay for 3 months rego.
See I don't know how you got around that. I had to have a MR29 inspection done on mine, even though it was registered in my name when it first got registered in NSW. So same situation as you had with bringing your NSW registered cars here, except I HAD to have either a Regency inspection or MR29 performed to have the paperwork processed :?
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

kiz wrote:
PHIL069 wrote:I didn't have to get any checks done, but the NSW regos were already in my name.
See I don't know how you got around that. I had to have a MR29 inspection done on mine, even though it was registered in my name when it first got registered in NSW. So same situation as you had with bringing your NSW registered cars here, except I HAD to have either a Regency inspection or MR29 performed to have the paperwork processed :?
I got around nothing, it's the rules, it's the way it's done, go have a look at SA service site (I have posted up the info already somewhere but I can't find it and CBF looking it up again :lol: )
You need current NSW rego papers in your name and that is all, SA knows that the numbers would have been checked by NSW to get the NSW rego papers.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Services SA are a bunch of wankers, so I don't pay attention to anything they say. I avoid them at all cost and only go there when I actually can't do it online myself. It wouldn't surprise me if I got told the wrong thing... Good thing MR29s only cost $40

PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

kiz wrote:Services SA are a bunch of wankers
:lol:
stoogey*
Apprentice

Post by stoogey* »

Was down at Service SA to get forms and that's what bloke told me too. As long as it's in my name in NSW i just need to fill in and no Regency park

phewww,

have to admit SA's white plates look better than NSW's yellow plates any day lol
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

kiz wrote:Services SA are a bunch of wankers
You don't say? :lol:

I have a friend who works for them, so I get him to do all my service SA sh*t over facebook :cheers:
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

stoogey* wrote:
Was down at Service SA to get forms and that's what bloke told me too. As long as it's in my name in NSW i just need to fill in and no Regency park

phewww,

have to admit SA's white plates look better than NSW's yellow plates any day lol
We also have white and black plates!
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

stoogey* wrote: Was down at Service SA to get forms and that's what bloke told me too. As long as it's in my name in NSW i just need to fill in and no Regency park

phewww,
:thumright:
Well done!