SA Cruise 1/13

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kiz
SA Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

SA Cruise 1/13

Post by kiz »

So it is my belief we are due for another decent cruise and photoshoot now that we have a few more cars.

I've been doing a bit of driving lately and have come up with a bit of a route we can take.
Untitled.jpg
Will take just under 1 and a half hours according to google maps, so it'll take us 1 hours approx :lol:

Distance is 74km roughly, windy, steep and a few sharp corners but some very nice views and a good route to test our cars out on.

I've planned it from Magill to Norton Summit, through Basket Range to near Lobethal, through Woodside, I have incorporated Hahndorf as a lunch break. Then up the freeway until Crafers, past Mt Lofty to Greenhill road and then to wherever we all end up

There are HEAPS of photo opportunities on this route and I think it will be great.

No date set yet however March looks to be a good option ;)

--------------------

Ok date is 23rd afternoon. Time to be arranged closer to date. Hopefully we can all get there ;)
Last edited by kiz on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
bjk
Totes

Re: SA Cruise 1/13

Post by bjk »

Can't see route on my phone, but I'm fairly certain I know the road. Use it frequently for fun runs, absolute riot in places.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Looks like a good root :lol:
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Now I can see the pic! Think I'm familiar with most aside from E to F. How's the road on that stretch?
Image Image Image Image
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

bjk wrote:Now I can see the pic! Think I'm familiar with most aside from E to F. How's the road on that stretch?
Yea it's a good drive, has everything from views to good places for spirited driving.

The last stretch is pretty chilled.

I'm going to try to mount a camcorder in my dash for this one too.
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

kiz wrote:
bjk wrote:Now I can see the pic! Think I'm familiar with most aside from E to F. How's the road on that stretch?
Yea it's a good drive, has everything from views to good places for spirited driving.

The last stretch is pretty chilled.

I'm going to try to mount a camcorder in my dash for this one too.
I'll bring my camera and GoPro. ;)

Would be cool for someone else to mount it on their car and follow behind me, I want to know what I look like driving! :lol:
Image Image Image Image
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

bjk wrote:Would be cool for someone else to mount it on their car and follow behind me, I want to know what I look like driving! :lol:
like a tool :troll:

bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

kiz wrote:
bjk wrote:Would be cool for someone else to mount it on their car and follow behind me, I want to know what I look like driving! :lol:
like a tool :troll:
PROBABLY. :thebird:

I'm usually not too bad, asides from pulling past people when single turn lanes become dual lane roads. And usually being first off the lights. :twisted: Haven't absolutely floored it before though.
Image Image Image Image
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Yea sounds like me, I'm an impatient driver. Especially when I get frustrated in the traffic having to gear up and down all the time... All those f-head auto drivers that dont know how to drive just get into my way...

Get to know the car before you push it. We haven't had any members crash their cars for awhile now...

bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

kiz wrote:Yea sounds like me, I'm an impatient driver. Especially when I get frustrated in the traffic having to gear up and down all the time... All those f-head auto drivers that dont know how to drive just get into my way...

Get to know the car before you push it. We haven't had any members crash their cars for awhile now...
I have as many debates with myself about manual and auto as I have about whether I like prefacelift or facelift more. In the end I decided it was all about angles (more figuratively in the auto/manual case). Manual is like everything exaggerated, more fun, but also more tedious.

Uhh, and yeah, only reason I've got the FTO is because I basically wrote off my last car. :oops: BUT IT'S NOT HAPPENING AGAIN. Or at least not my fault.