Cruise to Bonfire 2014

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kiz
SA Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Cruise to Bonfire 2014

Post by kiz »

ObsidianRadio wrote:The only reason I wanna ride shotgun is because my car won't make it past Murray Bridge :lol:
Wait... you were actually expecting to make it out of Adelaide in the first place?? :lol:
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

So guise (as can't be ironic no more, haha), what's happening? I need to look at booking time off work very soon if I actually want to do this. Is the plan leaving early Friday for Melbourne, then early Saturday to Bateman's, then back to Melbourne Sunday afternoon, then Adelaide Monday?
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Well I'm assuming that's the plan. But I also need to know because I need to book the Sunday/Monday off for it and my rosters at work are done up until the end of the week before Bonfire.

I'm happy with this. But it's all dependant when Phil can actually get to Adelaide
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

I think you'd be leaving Melbourne Friday if you're joining the VIC crew
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

I think the only way we'll meet up with the Vic guys is if Phil decides to fly. I don't think any of us are quite keen to set off straight on Thursday night especially as Phil would have driven a distance already.
Image Image Image Image
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

It's his own fault for moving so far away!
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

SchumieFan wrote:It's his own fault for moving so far away!
Thanks Schumie :roll:

I think I would like to drive to the bonfire.

I am just going to put it back out there that we go straight across instead of adding an extra 7 hours to the trip by following the coast.
We could always do the coast run next year. I should be able to take thurs-tues off next year and Tim might be able to come next year too.

I propose that I leave Pirie and you guys leave Adelaide late on thurs arvo.
We meet up at maybe Berri Thurs night, Berri to Wagga or Yass Friday, Saturday Yass to Batemans is only 2 1/4 hours. So we could then meet up at Batemans Maccas with everyone.
https://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=A ... &via=2&z=7

Please consider

Either way, I believe we are coming back through Hay.

Edit: It would just save us of having a 8-9 hour drive on Saturday and then getting to dstocks on dark.
Edit2: I believe that it would be smarter and safer for us to travel as a group too.
Last edited by PHIL069 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Then on the way home...
Sunday...Batemans Bay to Hay...about 7 hours
Monday...Hay to home...about 7 hours...again we split up near Berri
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

^this

You don't want a long drive Saturday!
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

I am for this plan. Considering I don't think I'll do anything much else on the trip, as little travel time as possible is probably ideal. I reckon that's the way I came back from Dwayne's when I bought my car too.
Image Image Image Image
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Ok that route sounds solid Phil. f**k the coast haha.

As long as we get some good photos on the way there I don't care

bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Sweet. Will put in for leave off work tomorrow so I can be sure I actually get it! Dunno I'll be able to coordinate getting the damage fixed before then. We'll see.
Image Image Image Image
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

bjk wrote:Sweet. Will put in for leave off work tomorrow so I can be sure I actually get it! Dunno I'll be able to coordinate getting the damage fixed before then. We'll see.
Got you car ready for AJD on Sunday?

bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

kiz wrote:
bjk wrote:Sweet. Will put in for leave off work tomorrow so I can be sure I actually get it! Dunno I'll be able to coordinate getting the damage fixed before then. We'll see.
Got you car ready for AJD on Sunday?
Haha, nope. On the list of modifications I'm just going to put in "aerodynamic kangaroo changes".