Heaps of FTOs in Kingston, gotta contact them

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Brandto
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Heaps of FTOs in Kingston, gotta contact them

Post by Brandto »

Hello fellow Tassie FTOwners, I've just joined up to FTO Club of Aust and I live in Kingston in southern Tas.

Hey, Kingston must be the hot spot for FTOwners in southern Tassie because I was driving from Kingston to Margate yesterday, say, 10 or 15 Ks i guess, and I saw two other FTOs, a red one and a black one (mine's a silver GPX).

That's 3 FTOs on the road within a few clicks of each other, plus there's the blue one that's often parked up near the Woolies servo at Kingston Town and I know there is at least another silver GPX in the Kingston area, so that makes 5 FTOs in the one neighbourhood. :thumleft:

Oh, and there was a white Version R sold by Performance Autos in Hobart a few years ago.

I've had my GPX for about seven years and only just recently discovered this website/club, so I guess I'm not the only FTOwner in Tas who was not a member. What can we do to let them know about us (and hook up for a group cruise)? Did I see something in this forum about stickers? Maybe I should get some and stick 'em under the wipers any time I see a parked FTO. Just a thought.

Cheers, Brandto :)
mitsufto
Apprentice

Post by mitsufto »

Hey,

i am located in launceston and would be very keen to hook up with other fto owners here in tassie. I don't mind driving down to meet up.

Good to see you made it on to the site.

scotty
Brandto
Apprentice

Tassie FTOwners meeting up, maybe

Post by Brandto »

Cool, Yeah, lets see if we can build some interest, guess it boils down to approaching other FTOwners to guage interest. I'd really love a meet and drive for as many as possible starting at, say Oatlands or Ross and do a loop of interst around some backroads or something. Just a thought.

Maybe plan a few weeks before and lock-in a date/time. Weekends best?

If anyone else is interested, please add yourself to the list,
Cheers :D
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Maybe you need to get a hold of bennoz and get some flyers to put on thier windows ;)
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Brandto
Apprentice

Tassie

Post by Brandto »

Thanks for the suggestion, will do :idea: , Brandt
Valandis91
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Valandis91 »

hey there mate.

im from hobart and i drive the white fto with the CF version r wing and facelift front. not sure if ive seen u around but i know that sandy bay is definitely a strong fto area and more than 4 nearby... theres actually about 10 fto's down here maybe more but yeah no one on these forums.
id definitely be keen for a cruise though. i know the owner of that blue one near woolies with the veilside kit.
Brandto
Apprentice

Tas mob

Post by Brandto »

Cool. Now we're getting some traction! There's a newbie signed on in Launceston in past couple of days and he also wants to get cruising.

I think your white FTO gets a mention in the Spotted forum, posted by a Vic tourist who may have seen you driving up Sandy Bay Rd in Jan or Feb.

Anyway, I hope to get a story into the Mercury and Kingston Chronicle about the search for Tassie FTO Hot Spot. I'm hoping a couple of the blokes up north can get in on the act and we'll get the Examiner and/or Advocate to cover it too. If there's enough of us, maybe some cruises can really get happening.

Hey, just to have a heap of FTOs go parking in public somewhere would be a buzz. please keep in touch.
Cheers, Brandt
mitsufto
Apprentice

Post by mitsufto »

hey,

I am really keen to catch up with fto owners, as well as my flatmate ryno, who just recently purchased a white GPVR.

When ever we can organise something that would be great even if its a small catch up and we meet at cambelltown for a coffee as its kinda close to each major town.

catch ya,

scotty
Brandto
Apprentice

Post by Brandto »

Cool, I work at the Mercury in Hobart and hope to soon have the paper do a story on the search for Tassie's FTO Hot Spot.
Would you mind the Examiner getting in touch with you from a Launceston angle?

There is a bloke in Sandy Bay who is nominating that as the FTO Hot Spot. I nominate Kingborough (Kingston region) and then of course . . . there's Launceston.

I think this idea has legs. Will keep you posted.

Cheers, Brandt
RyanStyler
Grease Monkey

Re: Heaps of FTOs in Kingston, gotta contact them

Post by RyanStyler »

Hi yeah just got onto this site preett good, seen some fto's around though haven seen much lately where have you guys gone?
spency
Mechanic

Post by spency »

I'm out and about a fair bit.
RyanStyler
Grease Monkey

Post by RyanStyler »

well hope to catch some of you guys soon
spency
Mechanic

Post by spency »

theres only me and val active anyway. if BEN hurrys the f**k up and sends some stickers + flyers, we could get some more members.
Valandis91
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Valandis91 »

which fto do you drive ryan?

give us a run through!
mitsufto
Apprentice

Post by mitsufto »

hey guys,

I am on here regulary as well. Check the forum everyday. Would like to catch up with u guys if you are keen. Only thing is i live up in launceston.

catch ya,

scotty
RyanStyler
Grease Monkey

Post by RyanStyler »

i drive a black fto all stock standard but i am cleaning up its act it was terrible when i first got it so now i am slowly getting it back together
kds1
Apprentice

Post by kds1 »

Better make that 6 in Kingston I just picked one up from Launceston a few days ago