will the 6a12 fit in my toyota mr-s

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Chiinkstarrh
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

will the 6a12 fit in my toyota mr-s

Post by Chiinkstarrh »

its been 3 weeks now still couldnt find the solution to my stuffed sequential manual transmission for my toyota mr-s just wonderin if a 6a12 would fit and how much i need in the bank to do conversion will it be hard to maintain ect.. was thinking a k20a or k24 but on the other hand i like the mivec engine aswell .. would want a halfcut so i can do a swap completly .. thanks guys

FTO 95 GPX .................................................................................. 2000 MR2 Spyder
FTO-BOY
Mechanic

Re: will the 6a12 fit in my toyota mr-s

Post by FTO-BOY »

You should start off by asking yourself "how much do I really want to spend" and work on your budget. For the sort of job you're wanting you can buy another mr-s.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

I doubt it to be honest, and if it does work then I assume it will be a massive PITA.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
phunkydude
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phunkydude »

better off hunt for the rare 5 speed manual box'
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

So let me get this straight, you have transmission problems, so you want to change the engine?

:geny:
LED ALL the things.
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

Supplanter wrote:So let me get this straight, you have transmission problems, so you want to change the engine?

everytime i have a car issue i want a new car =\
You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

phi-tec wrote:
Supplanter wrote:So let me get this straight, you have transmission problems, so you want to change the engine?

everytime i have a car issue i want a new car :geny:
EFA
Chiinkstarrh
Mechanic

Post by Chiinkstarrh »

the problem is i cant find the mr-s manual conversion parts anywhere , so to do that... i'll have to change the engine too will be much easier that way, trying to source a 2zz but no go

FTO 95 GPX .................................................................................. 2000 MR2 Spyder
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Chiinkstarrh wrote:

the problem is i cant find the mr-s manual conversion parts anywhere , so to do that... i'll have to change the engine too will be much easier that way, trying to source a 2zz but no go
considering the manuals only really came out in europe, and are rarer than hens teeth over here yea good luck with that. I was once VERY interested in a turbo one for sale a year or so ago, but it was sequential and was impossible to source a manual conversion (or even just a manual car out of 50+ on carsales they were all auto) so i passed it up.
Never owned an auto car, never will.
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Chiinkstarrh
Mechanic

Post by Chiinkstarrh »

Taz wrote:
Chiinkstarrh wrote:

considering the manuals only really came out in europe, and are rarer than hens teeth over here yea good luck with that. I was once VERY interested in a turbo one for sale a year or so ago, but it was sequential and was impossible to source a manual conversion (or even just a manual car out of 50+ on carsales they were all auto) so i passed it up.
Never owned an auto car, never will.
im looking into one of these when im off my p's which is soon looking delicious