MCCR CRUISE SAT 23rd OCT

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

sxcfto
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

MCCR CRUISE SAT 23rd OCT

Post by sxcfto »

Hey all As the rain’s stopping… the crusing begins again !!

After the huge success of the Melbourne Hot 4’s photo shoot even thow it was PISSIN down with rain…its time we follow it up with a open cruise. The Guys from Syd want to experience a whole cruise without rain… so shine up your cars and come crusing and have ya car possibly in hot4’s (all car’s welcome 4 6 8’s and rotary’s eheh ) MCCR is about crusing having fun and being part of the car community of Melbourne

Cruise destination = slight twisty roads with something a little different

When : Saturday 23rd of October 2004
Meet : 8.0pm
Depart : 9:00.pm
Where : LONLEY PLANET - Dockside, Corner Maribyrnong St and Parker St, South Melbourne.

8O I know most of you don't go to any MCCR events as they usually are risky??? BUT if there is a chance we may get photographed by Hot 4's etcc... any publicity is better than none isn't it ?
If anyone is interested maybe we can have a mini meet somewhere and all drive in together ???
The Chase is better than the Catch !
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

im in....

just gave my car some cosmetics.....
...groOl...

08 Evolution X - White
97 Gpx Fto - Racing Red
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Yeah i was gunna go, cars not really lookin that swish but hey, a cruise is a cruise!!

so u goin toni??

guess i should get some FTO australia stickers for my car!!!
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Damn, I wont have my car back in time by Saturday. It will most likely be a massive turn out as well.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

i just checked the weather and its says 18 with showers :?

i'll definately come if the weather is decent.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

but...but... we ARE in Hot4 already ;)
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Re: MCCR CRUISE SAT 23rd OCT

Post by mxysxy »

sxcfto wrote: 8O I know most of you don't go to any MCCR events as they usually are risky???
can you please update what sort of risks you are talking about. Imagine that I have never been to a cruise before.
Reckless driving, speeding, etc??
Regards
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

:roll: Well too be honest I have been on that many Mccr events and I can honestly say I have never come across any problems!

A. You have to act responsibly if you insist on reckless driving then there is no doubt you will run into trouble, either with the boys in blue or other cars.

B. Stay away from the hero's as there usually is at least one being an idiot doing a burnout somewhere !

Drive safely and stick to speed limits !

If you have illegal mods on your car that are very obvious then I would'nt have them on (neons etc...)

Otherwise if you stick to these as general rules at ALL cruise events I can't see you having any problems.

If anyone can add to this list or have had previous bad experience please share as we would all like to learn from it and be safer.
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Ohhh and Yes I will be attending even if it's only for the first few stops but most probably the whole cruise !

Depends how the whether turns out on the day ?? :wink:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Re: MCCR CRUISE SAT 23rd OCT

Post by GPXXX »

mxysxy wrote:can you please update what sort of risks you are talking about. Imagine that I have never been to a cruise before.
Reckless driving, speeding, etc??
Regards
risky as in some of the cruise participants will always act like absolute tools on the road by ripping burnouts, street racing, excessively loud stereo nd drifting during the cruise and consequently get themselves (and others) into trouble with the authorities...

it is also widely known to have a reputation amongst the police force for mainly being troublemakers and hoons - no offence but it is definitely not the kind of stereotyping we need to subject ourselves to.
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

I've only been on 2 mccr cruises, but i havent had any probs! I'd say the police check their forums, but if you're not doing anything stupid you don't have anything to worry about!!

That said, the cops did show up to both cruises at some point, nothing happened though

Hey Toni, did ya want to meet up before hand and cruise in together?
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

I would be happy to meet anyone willing to go and all cruise in together .... Lets make the meeting place Albert park ?? (any other places more suitable please let me know ) say around 6.30pm !

And Brendan if you want to come I can pick you up ? I know your car is being done so let me know...
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

sxcfto wrote: And Brendan if you want to come I can pick you up ? I know your car is being done so let me know...
Ive already planned to go fishing with my mates on Saturday night. Thanks for the offer though!! :wink: