intake path laughs

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

fallknox
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

intake path laughs

Post by fallknox »

so i was just reading up the laws on forums for intake mods in queensland aka enclosed pod filters and i stumbled across this

"Waste of time anyway...
Have a closer look into the subject and find loads of examples where you actually LOSE power by fiddling with the intact path... After all, the factories engineers only have millions of dollars and degrees etc... theres no way they know as much as your average backyard bogan..."

made me laugh abit :P
Sahin
HULK

Re: intake path laughs

Post by Sahin »

Some cars intakes aren't the best they can be though
Most are pretty average
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

The reason why you can actually upgrade the pipe is because the manufacturer have to modify it so it isnt too noisy amongst other more technical things.

The CE lancer has an intake muffler on it to stop noise and i believe some remove it and put a whole new pipe for new power.

However 9 out of 10 its done completely wrong by the Diy'er :lol:
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Sahin wrote:Some cars intakes aren't the best they can be though
Most are pretty average
^this, It wouldn't surprise me on just normal cars that the intakes are an almost afterthought. When it comes to high end cars though, Astons, Porsche, etc, it wouldn't surprise me if they are the best possible... almost..
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia