Electric water pump

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Shane001
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Electric water pump

Post by Shane001 »

Mods all finished. Managed to get the engine all back together today and ran it for half an hour in the garage everything appears OK.
Still got a few other things to do and then off to the track to test it, hopefully before the end of the month. I'm not expecting huge gains but I reckon it will be noticeable up the top of the rev range. Will wait and see :)
Oh and just over 4amps power draw hot ;)
F4LL3NW1

Post by F4LL3NW1 »

zuihoujueding wrote: Wed May 26, 2010 3:30 pm Some mentioned this before, so i thought of posting this out. This email was an enquiry from Davis Craig, the manufacturer of electric water pump.

Many thanks for enquiry relating to our range of Electric Water Pumps.

Without doubt the best unit to suit your 1997 Mitsubishi FTO GPX the EWP80 Electric Water Pump
We would strongly recommend the fitment of the Digital Electronic Controller which compliments the operation of the new EWP80. You may decide to completely disengage your existing mechanical water pump which is fine. The EWP with the Digital Electronic Controller fitment will give you greater control of your engine's coolant flow in all ambient conditions. An increase in horse power and decreased fuel consumption of 3% to 5% (Independent tests) is also possible.
Full fitting instructions are supplied.
As you have discovered, these can now be purchased on line from our new website www.daviescraig.com.au with the all-new shopping cart facility.
The fitment of the EWP80 Electric Water Pump with the Digital Electronic Controller will certainly assist you with your engine cooling problem. Both units come complete with DIY instruction manuals and also have a 2 year warranty.

Kind Regards,

Most people who are fitting an EWP will disable the existing mechanical water pump. Remove the impellor and leave the existing water pump housing on the engine and fit the hose for the EWP into the housing inlet.
Belts - not sure where the engine timing belt is on your engine, but I would make sure if you have to remove this belt that very special care is taken to ensure you do not upset the engine timing. The only belt you may need to remove and/or re-route is the belt that drives the existing mechanical water pump. It may also drive the power steering as well and therefore will need to be retained in some form to ensure these functions are maintained.?

Old post...Reckon it will be too much pressure without the pump controller? The water pump inlet guide on the block side of my 95 gr has disintegrated, so water just spins round and round 🤔

Pulled heads off to replace gaskets (Oil in water and vice versa) and rebuilt the non existent pump flow guide but I'm sure the original was stronger than the high temp putty I used 😆...And it failed...So $500 for an electric pump or risk cracking to weld it.

Basically a cheap bastard atm. Picked it up with fully adjustable sports suspension, otrcai, 3" + high flow cat for $500 and drove it home after a jumpstart 🤣 hence me still bothering to do get it on the road. Gasket blew on the way home, coolant and oil were old but not creamy/bubbly.
F4LL3NW1

Post by F4LL3NW1 »

Also, how on earth is it easier to pull heads off than to replace the water pump? Why Mitsubishi, WHY???