Battery Light slowly fades on and off. 1995 GR.

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ChackieJhan95
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Battery Light slowly fades on and off. 1995 GR.

Post by ChackieJhan95 »

Hello all! I'm from Michigan USA and recently imported a 95 Tip GR, with 62k KMs. Car is absolutely mint and well maintained. I've driven it for over 1000miles now and I've just now started getting this battery light coming and going. I've checked alternator belt tension, all fuses, terminals leading from battery and cables from alternator. With my multimeter on the battery with the car off, I get 12.68v at the battery. Upon starting though, it goes to 15.4 and slowly climbs from there until it sits happily (scarily) at around 16v on the multimeter.il I shut the car off immediately and disconnected the battery. I don't wanna hurt anything like the ECU or other sensitive stuff. Any ideas if this might be the alternator voltage regulator going poof, or possibly the alternator itself? And if possible, what alternator part number I need? I'm sorry to be so full of questions. I was going to make a newbie post but decided I would post for help here as well as introduce myself and the car. I've loved these cars since 1999 and am so happy at 30 years old to finally own one. Thank you to anyone and everyone who responds. And happy holidays
evo-gsr
Grease Monkey

Re: Battery Light slowly fades on and off. 1995 GR.

Post by evo-gsr »

Alternator is fucked, needs a new rectifier.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Lucky it's a GR, easier to source.
evo-gsr
Grease Monkey

Post by evo-gsr »

Bennoz wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:28 pm Lucky it's a GR, easier to source.
Prob not, in the US.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I'm not near a copy of ASA, but was it not the same one used in the Galant and the Dodge Talon?