Nvr2lows 6a13 conversATION WITH BEN ABOUT HIS CONVERSION

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mr-charisma
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by mr-charisma »

are you doing a manual conversion??? 8O

is there a reason you don't like the Tiptronic? Why not just strengthen it & chuck it back in..

how long has your car been in the shop for?

looking forward to seeing some vids & pics man man ;) --->>(hehe jk aye :lol:)
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

um yeah man changing it to manual as i love the ripping of gears around the track.

yes i am trying to buy a camera like azza has got but dont have the money.

MY bday is in 2 weeks and my gf wont even buy it for me.

and micheal mate i might be bringing my car to qld at christmas hehe.

anyways the mechanic doing the job says he should be able to do a fair bit of work as they also got a new guy starting soon.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey guys did some more work on the motor yesterday and will be going back their today.
I put the new turbo manifold on fits like a dream. Then went to put the turbo back on and it wouldn't fit I had to cut up the rear brackets that hold some protection for the air manifold. I finally cut it all done to fit then I found out the gasket to the turbo was cracked. I am going to get a new one today. Ben mate how did you redo your oil lines for the turbos mate. I heard you used piping mate is this correct and how did you cut the pipe. I am hoping to have the gearbox and clutch on the motor by the end of this week.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

We used braided lines cut to size, clamped on the ends of the old piping. We just cut the ends we needed off the old pipes.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

nvr2low wrote:gasket to the turbo was cracked
Ha, you're lucky mate. Mine was shot too & I had to order one from Japan. Even they were out of stock so I had to wait 3 weeks for them to do a production run! So in other words, they now have them in stock :lol:
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

oh bugger about the oil lines man that means I can't do them myself.

I was going to go down to my local turbo shop and see if they had any gaskets like the one I need mate.
Hey about the fuel pump were can I buy this from and also the fuel pressure regulator man.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

nvr2low wrote:Hey about the fuel pump were can I buy this from and also the fuel pressure regulator man.
www.vpw.com.au
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

wow man to many parts I wouldn't have a clue of which 1 I will need I don't know that much about parts buddy.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

ok ben major problem mate the manifold u sent me mate doesn't fit with the standard dump pipe mate I tried putting the turbo back on the correct way mate as it came off with old manifold and the dump pipe and manifold hit each other. Need a reply asap please mate
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

obviously it wouldnt fit the old dump pipe...

the new manifold moves the turbo's location :)
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Correct.

Hence I had this made up:

You will need to have your own one made up. This one was made from the left overs of an RPW set.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

no no no the dump pipe that comes off the side off the turbo down to the pipe you got made up mate. It hits the new manifold and wont bolt back onto the turbo buddy.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I used the standard dump mate, your manifold is the same as mine. Get some pics up of what your talking about.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

well what I am talking about is the way the manifold sits the turbo, the dump pipe off the side of the turbo hits the manifold. I tired everything mate but their is no way around it, I am getting a custom one made up this week.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

This picture is from up under the car. Do you have the turbo the right way round?

As I said, Im using the same manifold, same dump pipe - I have no clearance issues. The dump pipe comes off the drivers side.
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

@nvr2low Have you accidentally put the front manifold on the rear bank?

Sounds like someone has made a mistake somewhere, I'm with Ben on this one, pics or it is going to be impossible to help...
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

nope I have only ever taken the rear manifold off I haven't toched the front manifold at all. The manifold and dump pipe hit like half way dow the dump pipe on the left hand side pipe out of the motor. I tried everything to get it on ben but no go I will try and get pics but they might have already sent it to the exhaust shop mate.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

ok got news back hey tried everything and couldnt get it on new dump pipe is being made to just miss the manifold by like 2 mm so it will still fit in the engine bay it gonna cost me 400 bucks.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

That's an expensive 2mm. :?
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

yes I know mate it sucks but this has to be done mate. I need this done so I can have everything ready for the motor to drop in