Facelift Factory Ts Group Buy

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah the intercooler elbows don't allow me to fit my series 1 foggie assemblies in :roll: So I've cut the lenses out of old set & just popped them in to give the impression that there are lights in there :lol:

Its one of the few designs I like, to be honest I still think the best one ever made was the stock series one bumper. It carries the curves of the car perfectly.

Oh well, Im sure my intercooler will enjoy the extra air.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Looks great ....

If it fits on my car, I would have it without the Mitsubishi Logo ... :)
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Ive asked for the logo indent to be taken out. You can still stick a badge in the middle if you want one there. Seeme the best thing toi do given the majority of people dont want in there.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Bennoz
    National President

Post by Bennoz »

Thats probably a good thing, cause none of the nice chrome ones on Ebay fit it! :lol:
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

It will be a sad day to see my c/f mitsi badge go ...
    I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
    aza013
    NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

and my new blue CF one too :(
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Turn it into a necklace...
    arctan
    Grease Monkey

Post by arctan »

dstocks wrote:Well, I can get the indicators easily enough and they bolt straight onto the bar, so no dramas there. The foglights are a bit of a different story. They are very expensive to buy new and will not bolt straight on to a prefacelift bar. Having said this, they are not required, so you can put the car on the road without them and sort that out later. WE may well be able to find something aftermarket that will do the job nicely anyway.

I currently have at least one set of indicators and there is a set on Yahoo atm that I might nab as well just in case.
    yeah foggies are no biggy for me

just hope the indicators aren't too expensive lol

btw I paid for the sticker last week I think so just letting you know in case you have been busy and forgot
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Sticker has been sent. You should get it tomorrw if you dont have it already.

Does that mean your in for a bar......
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Kustom
      Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Id be keen if this was in brisbane :(

Just wondering, how much would it cost to paint/fit one of these?

J
      Oldtimer

Post by J »

dwayne is the mesh going to be glued on or bolted/screwed?
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

screwed down (he made a big thing about not glueing). They have these special metal elbows that they fibreglass around te edges on the back. You just screw the mesh down. Nice and neat!.
      Id be keen if this was in brisbane
      I can find out if he has freight contacts if you like.

You wont need to spend anything for fitting, just priming and painting. I asked about the fitting yesterday an got a guarantee that they would be an exact replica of the original (and ive already fitted that up and its perfect - as you would expect as it is a stock bar). As for prime and paint, im not sure. That will be the next step for me. I have to get my bonnet done as well and the sideskirts once they have been fitted properly. I did ask the shop about prime and paint, but while they were happy enough to prime them for an additional cost, they didnt want to paint as they believed that there was a good chance they would get scratched in transit. They said youd be better off getting it done locally.
        Kustom
        Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

dstocks wrote:
        screwed down (he made a big thing about not glueing). They have these special metal elbows that they fibreglass around te edges on the back. You just screw the mesh down. Nice and neat!.
        I can find out if he has freight contacts if you like.

You wont need to spend anything for fitting, just priming and painting. I asked about the fitting yesterday an got a guarantee that they would be an exact replica of the original (and ive already fitted that up and its perfect - as you would expect as it is a stock bar). As for prime and paint, im not sure. That will be the next step for me. I have to get my bonnet done as well and the sideskirts once they have been fitted properly. I did ask the shop about prime and paint, but while they were happy enough to prime them for an additional cost, they didnt want to paint as they believed that there was a good chance they would get scratched in transit. They said youd be better off getting it done locally.
        Hey dude, yeah id get the prime and paint done up here i was just asking for like an average price lol. But its cool.

I'm keen depending on the how much it would cost to get sent up. My post code is 4122.

Thanks dude.
        Dan25
        Mechanic

Post by Dan25 »

Kustom_FTO wrote:
        dstocks wrote:
        [you]I can find out if he has freight contacts if you like.[/you]

Hey dude, yeah id get the prime and paint done up here i was just asking for like an average price lol. But its cool.

I'm keen depending on the how much it would cost to get sent up. My post code is 4122.

Thanks dude.
        I'm pretty much in the same position as this with regards to freight, so I'll wait for more info before I decide.

@ Kustom_FTO - If I do decide to go ahead with this (pending freight info), my father is an ex-panelbeater who is more than capable of painting the bar, and although I haven't asked him yet, I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing it relatively cheaply if you were interested?
        dstocks
        National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Im not having a huge amount of luck with the freight. Are you guys relatively close to one another. If so, 2 bars going in the same box are going to be cheaper than one. Anyone else in the Brisbane area interested. The more I can line up together, the cheaper the cost per item?

Currently im getting numbers around the $180 - $200 mark for freight, but that is just average Joe on the street price. Im sure someone must have access to trade freight prices that could help here.

Ill continue to look into it. Im sure I can find something better than that.
          arctan
          Grease Monkey

Post by arctan »

dstocks wrote:Sticker has been sent. You should get it tomorrw if you dont have it already.

Does that mean your in for a bar......
          sticker received thanks

I'm in for a bar as long as I can pay around mid novemberish as I'll be on a holiday overseas
          dstocks
          National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Thats only a month away. Shouldnt be an issue.
            Kustom
            Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Dan25 wrote:
            Kustom_FTO wrote:
            dstocks wrote:
            [you]I can find out if he has freight contacts if you like.[/you]

Thanks dude.
            I'm pretty much in the same position as this with regards to freight, so I'll wait for more info before I decide.

@ Kustom_FTO - If I do decide to go ahead with this (pending freight info), my father is an ex-panelbeater who is more than capable of painting the bar, and although I haven't asked him yet, I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing it relatively cheaply if you were interested?
            Yeah man sounds great dude. We'll see how the freight goes :)
            Got some pics done of my car tonight, but i was wishing that i had the new bar / angel eyes in lol :(

Oh well, next time :D

@dstocks Yeah I'm fine if you send it up with Dan25's and I can just pick it up from there, if it works out a fair amount cheaper. Lol.
            J
            Oldtimer

Post by J »

any update on this?

cracked off one off my mounts off my bar at the local macas carpark...
            :evil: :roll:
            dstocks
            National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

its coming.... Still a couple of weeks I think. They had to make an adjustment because they werent happy with something. Set them back a week. Ill let you know.