PHIL069's 95 FTO GPX

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

PHIL069
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: PHIL069's 95 FTO GPX

Post by PHIL069 »

I need a pair of tyres for my FTO.
The rear Roadstone are just about worn on the inside due to camber settings.
I have Pirelli P7 on the front, don't like them too much. They slide and squeal when hard tight cornering.

Phoned my local tyrepower and he wanted to sell me some cheap "Autogrip" tyres that he has in stock for $110ea. First I said OK but since I have changed my mind.

Phoned Bob Jane in Adelaide since I will be down there this week, asked for a quote on Kumo KU36 ($250ea) he said I would get great grip but low mileage. So he suggested Yokahama S.Drive. He said I will love them and they would be perfect for the FTO. He said I will expect get great grip and great mileage.
Yokahama S.Drive Retail = $289ea, Bob Jane can do for $225ea.
Was thinking to get these on the front and put the Pirelli on the back.

http://www.yokohama.com.au/Tyres/S-Drive.aspx
Anyone tried Yokahama S.Drive?

EDIT: Just phoned another Bob Jane in Adelaide and he can only go to $259 for the Yokahama S.Drive.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

See if Tim (vipfto) can fix you up! He's at Modbury, so it's fairly northern too.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

bjk wrote:See if Tim (vipfto) can fix you up! He's at Modbury, so it's fairly northern too.
HEY TIM!!!! :lol:
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
c3rbera
Mechanic

Post by c3rbera »

kiz wrote:
bjk wrote:See if Tim (vipfto) can fix you up! He's at Modbury, so it's fairly northern too.
HEY TIM!!!! :lol:
*blood sacrifice ritual summon* :evil:
silverGPX wrote:Nice supra
Manual '95 GPX
JaseNZ
Apprentice

Post by JaseNZ »

Just read though the whole thread.

Damn, you've done a lot of awesome work to your car. Very nice work.

Also, I love the steering wheel and boss kit you're using. I want one myself! lol. What model wheel is it, and where can I try and get the locking system you've got? :)
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

JaseNZ wrote:Just read though the whole thread.

Damn, you've done a lot of awesome work to your car. Very nice work.

Also, I love the steering wheel and boss kit you're using. I want one myself! lol. What model wheel is it, and where can I try and get the locking system you've got? :)
Thanks mate, I always enjoy positive feedback :D
...and you done a lot of reading to get through the entire thread :lol:

I bought the steering wheel direct from a shop in Italy, so I got a great price. Sorry I searched for the shop but I can't find it again.
Its a "Momo Nero" wheel, I paid $205.93 delivered. It is in the current Momo catalogue
This is the cheapest I could find today... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MOMO-NERO-st ... 2eb85e6a29

The quick release boss kit is a "NRG Steering Wheel Quick Release Kit Gen2.5 BLACK" and the boss kit to suit the FTO is a "NRG Steering Wheel SHORT HUB Adapter LANCER GALANT EVO SRK100H"
I paid $208 delivered for the pair. Again I can't find the shop I used but I have found these...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NRG-Steering ... 56569bedc7
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NRG-Steering ... 56569c5b6d

The lock that I put onto the hub is a "NRG QUICK LOCK QUICK RELEASE KIT 'Anti-Theft' System" I cannot find how much I paid :?
But again I found this one which comes with a dash mount/holder (I don't have the mount, I just put it in the glove box)... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NRG-QUICK-LO ... 56569bdced

Here is NRG web site...https://www.getnrg.com/
You can get all these in many different colours and the quick release comes in 3 designs/series/generations, I like the Gen 2.5 the best.

Tip...If you go ahead with this kit you will find that the FTO's springed brass horn connector/bar that touches the brass plate on the back of the short hub adapter doesn't line up as the round plate on the back of the hub adaptor is too small. I just bent the FTO's connector in a bit until it lined up and I haven't had any issues with that.
Warning...These quick release hubs are not legal to use in aus, use at own risk.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

PHIL069 wrote:Warning...These quick release hubs are not legal to use in aus, use at own risk.
Is that because you could accidentally quick release a steering wheel into your face? :lol:
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

bjk wrote:
PHIL069 wrote:Warning...These quick release hubs are not legal to use in aus, use at own risk.
Is that because you could accidentally quick release a steering wheel into your face? :lol:
Nah, will never happen. Race drivers use them. Probs to stop GenY's removing their wheels at 100km/h.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

PHIL069 wrote:
bjk wrote:
Nah, will never happen. Race drivers use them. Probs to stop GenY's removing their wheels at 100km/h.
Haha, yeah that could be rather awkward.

"Look, mum! No wheel!"