Trial at Mechanics

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Daniel2019
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Trial at Mechanics

Post by Daniel2019 »

Why am I such an indecisive c**t :lol:

Edit: There was also personal matters at the time when I quit which was 50% of the reason I did leave. It was a rushed decision and looking back on it I do regret it. Should've given it at least 6 months first. Oh well. At least I learned to take moar time with decisions.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Do whatever your heart desires, if it doesn't work out you will know that you have given it your best shot.
Life is too short for regrets.
Onwards and upwards.
All you can do is try.
sh*t happens but life still goes on and there is always something better in the future.
(I could fill a page with this crap :lol: )

Sometimes it looks like sh*t in the moment, I know, but it is usually better after a while.

....So if you want to try again go for it, if it doesn't work out, so be it.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

That's true. I think at the time I should have just taken a step back and asked for some time off to deal with the things that were happening at home. But having said that, I had only just finished my trial so I didn't think I was in a position to ask for that kind of time off work so I thought that the most fair thing to do by my boss(es) was to call it quits and move on. I wouldn't have been able to give a definite window of time I needed off which would not have been fair to them.. having said that, things did work out at home and I do regret not explaining the situation better.

Oh well. I may go down over the next few weeks and see how everything is going there (I have seen them since to get my tax forms from there and they were very nice to me and seemed a little disappointed that I left) but we'll see how it goes.

Edit: Phil why don't you come back to NSW and we can open up a garage together :lol:

I will be your boss and apprentice and you can teach me everything I need to know to be qualified.. :?:
I fix cars.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

It doesn't hurt to ask or to show your interest again.
Just remember, most 1st year apprentices are treated like gronks. It's how you deal with it and survive through it that shows your character and commitment to your bosses.
You just have to keep your eye on your goals and the journeys end, and what that will mean to you.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Daniel2019 wrote: Edit: Phil why don't I come to SA and we can open up a garage together :lol:

You will be my boss and I your apprentice and you can teach me everything I need to know to be qualified.. :?:
I will even put up all the money that is required
Hmmmm, I think I need to stay on the path I am on for the moment.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

PHIL069 wrote:It doesn't hurt to ask or to show your interest again.
Just remember, most 1st year apprentices are treated like gronks. It's how you deal with it and survive through it that shows your character and commitment to your bosses.
You just have to keep your eye on your goals and the journeys end, and what that will mean to you.
That's a good point. I don't mean to be a philosophical bastard or anything, but keeping eyes on a goal for me is fairly difficult.

You go to school until you're 18, then study for another 5. You're now 23 or so and already 1/3 through your working life, so isn't the time taken to reach the goals nearly as important as the goals themselves?

Like I said I'll go over and just say g'day over the next few weeks. I can't start anything until next year anyway due to tafe times.

I could be almost finished my first year by now. f**k.

Definitely regretting leaving. Although having said that, I did have reasons to leave in the first place so eh.

Past Daniel is a dickhead.
I fix cars.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

PHIL069 wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote: Edit: Phil why don't I come to SA and we can open up a garage together :lol:

You will be my boss and I your apprentice and you can teach me everything I need to know to be qualified.. :?:
If you opened a garage and offered me a job as an apprentice I would take it. Sydney is getting very boring and I'm sick of traffic and sh*t. Everything is expensive as f**k, and I dont even pay bills. I can only imagine what it's like for everbody else.

The best boss you can have is a boss that you're mates with.
I fix cars.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Daniel2019 wrote:You go to school until you're 18, then study for another 5. You're now 23 or so and already 1/3 through your working life, so isn't the time taken to reach the goals nearly as important as the goals themselves?
You work from 18 to 75 = 57 working years.
Apprenticeship = 4 years, just a drop in the ocean of time.
My apprenticeship 40 - 43 years old :roll: I still have 32 years to enjoy a mechanical career or even change careers many times still.
You would have well over 50 years to enjoy your mechanical career or over 50 years still at Dominos.
So time in your apprenticeship will be long forgoten in a couple of years after completion.
Even if you don't continue in mechanics after you complete, you would still have the pride in finishing your trade. I know I do. :D
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

PHIL069 wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote:You go to school until you're 18, then study for another 5. You're now 23 or so and already 1/3 through your working life, so isn't the time taken to reach the goals nearly as important as the goals themselves?
You work from 18 to 75 = 57 working years.
Apprenticeship = 4 years, just a drop in the ocean of time.
My apprenticeship 40 - 43 years old :roll: I still have 32 years to enjoy a mechanical career or even change careers many times still.
You would have well over 50 years to enjoy your mechanical career or over 50 years still at Dominos.
So time in your apprenticeship will be long forgoten in a couple of years after completion.
Even if you don't continue in mechanics after you complete, you would still have the pride in finishing your trade. I know I do. :D
Oh, I plan on being retired by the time I'm 65. I have already started making investments :D

Good point. Hard to see the bigger picture sometimes, though.

Maybe all of this is just the beer talking :lol:
I fix cars.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Daniel2019 wrote:
PHIL069 wrote:

If you opened a garage and offered me a job as an apprentice I would take it. Sydney is getting very boring and I'm sick of traffic and sh*t. Everything is expensive as f**k, and I dont even pay bills. I can only imagine what it's like for everbody else.

The best boss you can have is a boss that you're mates with.
If I opened a workshop I would offer you a job as my apprentice.
At the moment I can't :(
....But I will keep my eye out for a workshop selling cheap, that will keep our spirits up. :D
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

I would seriously take that job.

The funny thing is that I just had my investment money open up and I have the $ for a garage... :roll: :roll: :roll:
I fix cars.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Daniel2019 wrote:I would seriously take that job.

The funny thing is that I just had my investment money open up and I have the $ for a garage... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Well, go ask for your apprenticeship back with the outlook that you can open your own workshop when you become qualified.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

PHIL069 wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote:I would seriously take that job.

Well, go ask for your apprenticeship back with the outlook that you can open your own workshop when you become qualified.
Am planning on it :lol:

Although I don't think I'd be able to go back and grovel for my job back :roll: :oops:

God damn it, past Daniel.
I fix cars.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

TL;DR. Get a room you two. :troll: :cheeky: