Buying an FTO - things to look for

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

nofearzz
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Buying an FTO - things to look for

Post by nofearzz »

What are the most important things on an FTO i should look out for when buying an FTO from a private seller or dealer?

Condition, kilometres... etc????
FOULZ
Grease Monkey

Post by FOULZ »

if u ask me, i think its better to buy private.
the only thing the dealers are good for is warrenty and some arnt even good for that!!!!!
did u want it with mods or not?
How much u wanna spend?that will also let u know if u can buy from a dealer or not.... at a dealer your lucky to get one under 19000, but private u can get one for 15000.

FOULZ
nofearzz
Apprentice

Post by nofearzz »

I'd prefer it mod free, the less things to go wrong with it.

and as with everyone, the lowest price to best condition/kilometres ratio

If anyone in Melbourne is thinking of selling thier FTO (GPX or GR, manual or tiptronic, any colour except black) very soon, then note me.
Assk

Post by Assk »

The warranty that you get from a dealer is just from a warranty broker. I'm pretty sure that you can buy the same thing directly from the broker when your buying privately.
I've looked over the warranty conditions and personnally don't think that they're worth it as you only get so much $ allowed per item. ie 1000 bucks toward a new engine etc.
Given that you've got to pay for the warranty in the first place you're not really saving much $
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

The other thing is that some warranties come with Roadside Assist. I bought 3 years of AVC (Australasian Vehicle Cover) for $800 and it came with 1 year free roadside assist :lol: