hi everyone!! new 2this site but have had mine for over a yr

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

glamorous
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

hi everyone!! new 2this site but have had mine for over a yr

Post by glamorous »

hi everyone, im new to this site but have had my fto since dec 05. havnt done much to it yet as i still dont really know all d good places to go and dont wanna get ripped off. what im desperately looking for is a new front light, ive noticed the front lights are prone to getting all fogged up.. after my boyfriend polished it up for me it looked fine but then eventually got bak to foggy. well anyways if u guyes know good places to go for fto parts, bodykits, etc let me know!! :) thanks!!
topao
Veteran Mechanic

Post by topao »

Welcome to the site. i believe hendrix is trying to sell a headlight at the moment in the parts for sale http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... pic&t=9686 hope its of help
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

WTTC :wink:

There is also a better fix than just polishing

http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... pic&t=4045
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Re: hi everyone!! new 2this site but have had mine for over

Post by mxysxy »

glamorous wrote:hi everyone, im new to this site but have had my fto since dec 05. havnt done much to it yet as i still dont really know all d good places to go and dont wanna get ripped off. what im desperately looking for is a new front light, ive noticed the front lights are prone to getting all fogged up.. after my boyfriend polished it up for me it looked fine but then eventually got bak to foggy. well anyways if u guyes know good places to go for fto parts, bodykits, etc let me know!! :) thanks!!
why buy a new headlight when you can apoxy seal your current one,
Buy some apoxy from nearest coles supermarket, they come in like two needle looking tubes, mix them together, don’t inhale much, use a spatula that come with the kit to apply all around the headlight where the connection between the black and clear housing.
You need to take of your headlight assembly by removing your front bumper,

The water is obviously going in from the front of the assembly, there is a black glue that holds the back of the housing to the front clear plastic, I think your glue has some gaps, so fill up the whole think. Apoxy is clear, you wont even realise its there when finished. However, you wont be able to open up the headlight assembly again, so, if you are planning to paint the inside of the headlight, now is the perfect time
dstocks
National Vice President

No

Post by dstocks »

I think by foggy, it means that the

'light is discolouring again after having been polished',

and not

'getting condensation on the inside due to a leak/hole'.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Sparhawk
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

WTTC.

Where are you from ?
    [color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
    Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
    glamorous
    Grease Monkey

Post by glamorous »

cool thanks hepz guyes. ill give it a go see how i go. and if worst comes to worst im gna have to get a new one. any one from adelaide i wanted to ask, what was up with 3 fto's at eliz tafe going bak a few wks??!! bak then i wasnt a member but i drove past and saw 3 ftos, parked on the lawns of the tafe facing the street.. if anyonw from adel knows let me knw.. just curious, thats all. :P
    mr-charisma
    Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Welcome to the club :) Like others have pointed out, you shouldn't need to buy new headlights, just use the DIY Guide to polish them & they will come out like new - it is a bit of hard work but its well worth the effort :)

Also jump on the forums for your area and check out the posts for the latest club meets/cruises ;)
    TCGPX
    Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

Hooray! Another Adelaide member :D

WTTC

Don't know about the ones parked at TAFE, but we need to get a flyer to them. That's almost as many cars as our last cruise :wink:
    mrx
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Welcome!

And yes Travis, but it's the QUALITY not the quantity that counts.

Honestly... :?

Anyhow, getting underway again. Check the state section.
    TCGPX
    Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

C'mon Shaun, even you have said you'd like to break the 4 FTO limit we seem to have going :wink:

Glamorous and Phantom (worked out you two are in the same car) would be great to see you on the next cruise.
    mrx
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

[quote="TCGPX"]C'mon Shaun, even you have said you'd like to break the 4 FTO limit we seem to have going :wink:
    [quote]

**sigh**

yes, that does seem to be the case doesn't it?? We had that cruise with 4 FTO's, an EVO and a Telstar though!! Does that count :lol:

And maybe we could have an FTO working bee and get Ben's place fixed up quicker :wink:

Then he can come and play with us (so to speak).
    glamorous
    Grease Monkey

Post by glamorous »

nah nah me (glamorous) own a silver 95fto mivec v6, and my boyfriend, (phantom) has a 97GR 4cylinder manual white fto.
    pretty standard at d moment, iv seen quite a few diffrent bodykits i like but want something abit different.
    FTO-101
    Grease Monkey

Post by FTO-101 »

WTTC and btw a GR is a 6 cylinder :D
    glamorous
    Grease Monkey

Post by glamorous »

ooohh.. well his is a four cylinder.. what are four cylinders then??? im a girl i don't know all this!!! :oops:
    Bennoz
    National President

Post by Bennoz »

GS
    Sparhawk
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

mrx wrote:
    TCGPX wrote:C'mon Shaun, even you have said you'd like to break the 4 FTO limit we seem to have going :wink:
    **sigh**

yes, that does seem to be the case doesn't it?? We had that cruise with 4 FTO's, an EVO and a Telstar though!! Does that count :lol:

And maybe we could have an FTO working bee and get Ben's place fixed up quicker :wink:

Well, you know Shaun, if you didnt keep blowing your engines up, there would have been 5 FTO's. LOL. Well, things are looking good this year for some bigger numbers. The flyer drops seem to be working ;)
    Last edited by Sparhawk on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    [color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
    Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
    TCGPX
    Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

mrx wrote:...We had that cruise with 4 FTO's, an EVO and a Telstar though!! Does that count :lol:
    No.
    mrx wrote:And maybe we could have an FTO working bee and get Ben's place fixed up quicker :wink:
    Kinda Backyard Blitz, FTO Aus style?
    I can see it now...
    "Carbon fibre hand rails you reckon...Hmmm"
    glamorous wrote:nah nah me (glamorous) own a silver 95fto mivec v6, and my boyfriend, (phantom) has a 97GR 4cylinder manual white fto.
    He he, even better :D