Hi, I am 3 wks old

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Richy
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Hi, I am 3 wks old

Post by Richy »

Hello everyone

This is Richy from Sydney. Just bought my FTO 3 wks ago...just had a service done at UAS..needs to replace some small parts....

look forward to changing bits and pieces for the interior.....next thing on list is to put new driver seat.... :oops:
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Welcome on board :D

What sort of FTO you got? Good choice about UAS :D John is not cheap though so make sure he tells you the prices before he carries out the work.

Whats wrong with the drivers seat?

Cheers
Tanya
The Ex-Sec
Richy
Mechanic

Post by Richy »

Hi Tanya

I have a grey 95 GPX... apparently the seat foam is wearing out...when i corners, sometimes i can feel the metal...so....
however, its so hard to find a shop that displays these seats....
yeah...john quoted me almost $500 for two front absorbers and two sets of swaybar links....i m trying to see if this could be covered by warranty..

cheers

Richy
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Richy wrote:apparently the seat foam is wearing out...when i corners, sometimes i can feel the metal...so....
however, its so hard to find a shop that displays these seats....
Usual problem, happens to all bucket type seated cars over 7-8 years old.
No need to refoam it though, you can easily repair it at home, while installing your new seat covers,

http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... pic&t=9370
It all comes part of the DIY installation guide.
:wink:
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

Welcome to the club!

Wait for dstocks to come online and ask him for the seats. He has 2-3 wrecks with all the parts for sale.

To save some money, ask him for the stock shocks if they are still in good nick.
Richy
Mechanic

Post by Richy »

hi mxysxy

the seat cover looks awesome.....just wondered how i could pad up the worn foam...and if possible insert a little more for lumber support....and it will be great. (rather than spending some $1.5k or more for ONE recaro seat)...

Cheers
dstocks
National Vice President

Yep

Post by dstocks »

Yep,

ive got 2 pristine seats I could be convinced to let go of. Have stock shocks in good condition as well as well as most of the other parts on the car. Just dont ask for guards, lights, front bumper or bonnet. They didnt survive the bingle. If you are interested, PM me. BTW im in Canberra, so it is a little drive.......
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you