South Australia - 2007 Cruise 1 - 4th February

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mrx
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

South Australia - 2007 Cruise 1 - 4th February

Post by mrx »

Just thinking of a casual cruise, bbq, catch up type thing. Perhaps up to that park which we passed on the last cruise. Will bring the portable just in case though.

As for date, looking at the 4th Feb already, as I think it might be a bit soon to arrange for this weekend. However, we have nothing on so if we can all make it, let me know and we can make it happen.

While there we can have a chat about what we want to do this year, such as go-karts, wine tasting, skirmish, wine tasting, camping, and perhaps if we could squeeze in some wine tasting too. :lol:

Also have to show y'all the road down from Mt Osmond! Awesome indeed.

Let me know when suits and we will go from there.
Last edited by mrx on Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

i will have to bow out for now. my back yard is being renovated all through Feb so ill be a little pressed to spare valuable daylight hours.... up for any night time activities still though :P... no i didnt mean it like that... first half of this year will be a little crazy for me as far as weekends are concerned.. you know with getting married and all :)
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

Invented a time machine Shaun?
We're in 2007 now mate :D

No plans at this stage for that weekend. Sounds good to me.
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Ummm....yes. <updated title>

Have been doing that all the time at work!!

I could argue it is a prequal or something, but lets just say I am a moron and leave it at that... :wink:

Nothing from Steve though....whats doin there?
glamorous
Grease Monkey

Post by glamorous »

yeah we (phantom) and me, are free the wkend of the 4th feb. just keep us up to date but at the moment it all seems fine for that wkend.
oh and iv got a silver 95 mivec fto and my b.friend has a 97GR white fto.
anyhoo let us know if anything is to happen on the wknd of the 4th
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

*falls on the floor*.... not one but TWO new ftos for the club..... welcome :)
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

The perfect couple...
glamorous
Grease Monkey

Post by glamorous »

yeah we love driving our own cars so when we go places its usually a silver fto following a white fto...
were tryin to do em up slowly but with 2fto's its kinda competition as to who's gna get the better this and better that. lol..
at the end we will let uz judge.. hehe :lol:
StewGood
Apprentice

Post by StewGood »

Hello - im a newb so can someone PLEASSSSSSEEEEEE!
tell me the EXACT location (streetname.Adrress, whatever) i jsut need to know coz i still have noooo ida where it starts??

Im Free to come on the 4th - shood be great!
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

mrx wrote:Nothing from Steve though....whats doin there?
Well, Ive just walked in checked the forum after spending a week on a houseboat on the Murray 8) . I didnt exactly have Internet access, but I did have Moet, Crayfish, Beer, Women, Scotch, Poker, Wine, etc etc to keep me busy. Show you the photo's when we meet up. Think I'll have to start saving and planning for the next houseboat holiday now... :)

Anywho... 4 Feb sounds good, so long as the Moron doesnt change it to 2008 or something... ( that better Shaun? )

Park in Gumeracha for a BBQ sounds perfect. Count me in.

WTTC to all the Adelaide Newbies. Hope you all make it to a lot of our cruises this year. There may be hope for Adelaide yet... Not that I tire of the regulars (you know who you are) cos its always good to see you all, but some new blood is just a little exciting :P
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Sparhawk wrote:
mrx wrote:Nothing from Steve though....whats doin there?
Anywho... 4 Feb sounds good, so long as the Moron doesnt change it to 2008 or something... ( that better Shaun? )
LOL!! The first insult for the year....ahhhh, thats better!!

Houseboat holiday would be awesome though. Hoping to do that some time this year.

Anyhow, locked in the 4th Feb. Will specify more details closer to the date. Hope everyone can come along (even Steve), and we can work out what we want to do this year etc etc. Will work out an interesting way of getting there of course. :wink:
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

mrx wrote:LOL!! The first insult for the year....ahhhh, thats better!!
I aim to please...
StewGood
Apprentice

Post by StewGood »

Ahhhhhh - omg i might not be able to come on the cruise :cry: :cry: My car went in for a service and come out -(well it hasnt came out at all) WORSE!!!!! ----- it may be a prob with trans..... I hope this Gets fixed before the cruise - sorry guys if it wont :(

OMG - i just sent my 05 fto- gpx - Tiptronic - in for a oil filer and oil change and (apparently) the car could not move from where i parked it.... but (aparently) when it warmed up it was a little easyer to move...

BUt the problem was Bad _ REALY Bad - they showed me that the car dosnt move - he puts it into drive and acce;erates - it dosnt move it jsut revs - like it is in neutral But then randomly it will jump foward 1 wheel rotation but that is it.... - so he put it up on the (The forkythings thgat holds the car up - to look under it) and showed me that you can spin one of the wheels foward and they both spin.... but if you try to push both wheels foward - they dont budge... they say that it isnt the cv joints or anthing they think it is a prob with the transmision ..... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

The REALY CRUD PART is the fact that when i took it in it was 100% FINE!.........

So can someone PLEASE help me Crying or Very sad
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Bugger dude... hope you get it fixed in time... Who'd own an auto anyway... LOL

So it begins... the date has been set, and the numbers start dwindling, till we're back down at 4. I think youre jinxed Shaun...
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

Sparhawk wrote:... Who'd own an auto anyway... LOL
Ahem... (Raises hand)...
Oh, and more of the people who bought them new. There were a lot more tiptronic FTO's sold than manuals.
That's who.

Really sorry to hear about your car StewGood :cry: . I haven't come across this problem, but try putting up a post in the FTO help section. Maybe someone else has had a similar problem already.
Might help to check error codes?
http://www.ftooc.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=31351
glamorous
Grease Monkey

Post by glamorous »

thats so bad what happened to your car!!!
yes sad, very sad.
hey r you sure they didnt take it out and stuf it up for you and now the "transmission" isnt working?? hmm.

i wanted to know also how many adelaide members is there and how many cars do you have on your cruses??! i mean just me and my bfrend is 2new members alone.

and that fto with the transmission problem.. sad... very sad..
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

TCGPX wrote:
Sparhawk wrote:... Who'd own an auto anyway... LOL
Ahem... (Raises hand)...
Oh, and more of the people who bought them new. There were a lot more tiptronic FTO's sold than manuals.
That's who.
Easy Tiger... maybe I should have added 'TIC' lol :lol:
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

He he. Now that I re-read it it does sound a bit Grrrrrr, eh :D

glamorous- On the last 3 cruises, we've had 4 FTO's on each. There's about 10 regularly active members including you two and StewGood, another new member.
StewGood
Apprentice

Post by StewGood »

Yea im thinking it is VERRY SUSS - but im a very suss person :( it just seems like a strange - 1 out of 1,000,000 chance for it to not happen to me first - and for there to be no Sign of it - like no slipery gear changes or anything......

Mmm very suss - i got some legal advice on it - (not a lawyer) and they said for them to be liable thre needed to be evidence that it Just freakishly happend and not a - wear and tear - old - was bound to happen type thing....

But still VERRY SUSSS! :x

But now it is just saving up time :?

sorry again!