FTO Aust X-Mas Gathering (Vic): 14/12

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

jester
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by jester »

This ferry cruise is a mad idea ive done it before and if we have nice weather itll be excellent!

Count me in Mikey! Looking 4ward 2 it! :D :D

Look forward to meeting all you guys as this is my first cruise!

Thanx mikey.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

got your email jester - that's great! looking forward to meeting up with you...

keep 'em coming fellas! numbers are getting there, but we need more! hehehe... :D
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Sorry Mikey, I can't make it to this one :cry:
Sounded like fun too :roll:
LED ALL the things.
erolit

Yay for GTO

Post by erolit »

I'll come, but i have a GTO (3000gt) not an FTO.

is that cool with you guys?

(2 people in the car, me and other guy, yay:)

Erolit
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

If its just a BBQ or a group gathering then u more then welcome erolit, cause i 'm sure we all like 2 exchange ideas from fellow mitsubishi owner.

But if we let u come along then we have 2 let all the other ppl with other cars 2 come as well, cause is only fair & we wouldn't able to call FTO Club of Australia.

So sorry buddy, & no offence but this is a FTO cruize.

Anyway thats my though, what the other think??
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

well to an extent i agree with Kev, but to be honest i'm not really so fussy...

if you agree to have FTOs in your GTO cruise or family BBQ next time then it's a deal, hehehe... ;)

Look it's ok with me, but ultimately it's majority rules. what does the others feel about this?

afterall, we're all fellow Mitsi lovers... :)
NimZ
Apprentice

Post by NimZ »

I say more guys, I mean people, the merrier!!

:lol:
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

The GTO is the bigger brother of the FTO, so I'm all for it.

If it was another make, like a Subaru WRX then I'd say no. But the GTO is another Mitsubishi and it has a link to the FTO, so I say yeah, come along.

Besides, the more people the more fun it will be.
erolit

:/

Post by erolit »

I can see your point, but its not exactly the same as me turning up in a skyline or silvia.

Its still a mitsubishi, GTO not FTO (almost the same :P)

I was thinking seriously abouit getting an FTO but in the end i wanted somthing turbocharged from the factory so i went with the GTO, the closest match in style that mitsubishi made.

If you guys dont want me coming thats ok though because its still not an FTO i drive.

Should i turn up?
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

yes, turn up...

I welcome a fellow Mitsubishi owner, especially when the car is unique.
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

I agree the more the merrier as long as you don't go showing off coz you got turbo :P

We all be happy then :lol:
See you all Sunday :wink:
erolit

:)

Post by erolit »

ta guys, cya on sunday :]
erolit

Turbo'd?

Post by erolit »

BTW, there is a lot of talk about turbo'd ftos on the forums, will anyone going on sunday have turbocharged theirs?
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

I know this is a FTO forum, and this Sunday is a FTO get together, but the way I look at it, it is not only for people who own FTOs but also for those who are interested in FTOs.

When it comes to something like an official photo, then sure, only the FTOs should be in the photo. But there's no reason we can't also have non-official photos that include other non-FTO cars. Likewise, if a non-FTO owner wants to join in the cruise, then let them, as long as they are coming along because they're interested in FTOs, and as long as they understand that the focus and the reason we are getting together is because of the FTOs.

It should not be an open invitation for all non-FTO cars to come, but it should be an open invitation for all those interested in FTOs to come along. i.e. if a wanker wants to come along just to show his WRX is faster, tell him to get stuffed, but if he wants to come along because he wants to check out FTOs before he buys one, or because he has a passion about them, then I welcome him.

The key here is that the non-FTO owner is interested in the FTOs and understands that the day is about FTOs. The FTO is a beautiful car and it is fun to share in the experience with anyone who appreciates its beauty regardless of whether they own a FTO themselves.

...just my 2 cents :wink:
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

scracy's is turboed
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah Scracy got a turbo FTO, hmmmm i'm sure MADFTO will give u a good run 4 your money 2, even though his is an N/A.

The Tribe Had Spoken, we welcome u on Sunday! heeheehehe
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i think there is a chance that Scracy will not be able to bring his turbo'd FTO along because his wheels may not be polished in time... hopefully it'll be there though', coz it sounds nuts when spooling hehehehe... ;)

BTW there is a chance DZYRME may not be able to attend - unless he can fix his car on time (due to a dead aircon), he'll not make it. Fingers crossed!

edit: i'm sooo with you ruchi! ....on ya mate! ;)
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

GTO is cool with me too,so would any evo's for that matter as long as it is a performance mitsubishi. Many of our fto parts are generic with other mitsu's. As long as we dont involve other cars at official photo shoots etc. i dont see a problem having "guests" the more the merrier eh.
Ho Ho f@#king Ho! :D
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

I hope your able to make it scracy
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Fear not ruchi for i will be there. Im having trouble getting my rims back from the polisher ( he's had them for 3 loooooong weeks!) :cry: but he's promised ill have them back around lunch time saterday :lol: i have got a triton ute (hardly a performance mitsu!) incase he lets me down. Besides if i dont come youll all go hungry ( im organising the grub, i mean food). Another option would be to borrow kevs rims ( if that offer is still available kev :wink: ) i dont really want to do this though as it puts kev out and it would mean i have to get the wheels stripped again. Anyway ruchi i will be there ( cant let my comrades go hungry!!!).
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>