FTO Aust X-Mas Gathering (Vic): 14/12

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

GPXXX
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO Aust X-Mas Gathering (Vic): 14/12

Post by GPXXX »

OK ppls, X-Mas is nearly here and what better way to top off the year than to celebrate some good company with fellow members...

As discussed in our last meet, it's time for us to have a Go-Kart outting this time therefore here's the plan:

Date & Time: Sunday 14/12/2003 - 11am.
Meet-Up for BBQ @ a location TBA
Then cruise to Go Karts @ Ace Karts in Sunshine (please check http://www.acekarts.com.au/individual_race_fees.html for pricing details).

subject to weather conditions, we may be forced to race indoors instead either at Pt Melbourne or Moorabbin, but we'll cross our fingers for some sunshine and blue skies this time! ;)

I will require firm confirmation as to who is coming because a deposit may be required for gokart group bookings.

In the meantime (just for heads-up), details of the meet shall be finalised by the end of this week.

Stay tuned!
Last edited by GPXXX on Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Mikey, count me in this one for sure.

In regards to Ace Karts in Sunshine, they allow you to race whether it is rain, hail or shine. (It is a lot more fun in the wet, coz we can have Drift Comps :lol: ) They only allow you to book ahead, if you have 10 or more people actually racing, so I dont think we should have a problem with numbers. You will need to leave a deposit, whether if its by credit card over the phone, or personally going down there and leaving a deposit.

Cant wait for this meet, should be heaps of fun!!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hmmm... not very keen to get into my car with wet clothes and all though'! :?

...esp not if it's cold weather too LOL...!!
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

bring a change of clothes?
but it should rain... ITS SUMMER after all.. :P

Timmy
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

I realise that Go_Karts may be slightly out of reach for some members esp since it's the X-Mas season (and those with a tight x-mas budget may not be able to afford the event) so the other option is that we could just have a X-Mas BBQ cruise + gathering instead somewhere slightly out of Melbourne (ie: Grampians / Geelong / Torquay)...

After all it's only fair that we have an event planned for the west side this time... ;)

At the moment some options are:

1. BBQ @ Pykes Creek Reservoir (approx 35mins west from Melton along Western Hwy)
2. BBQ @ Anglesea or Torquay via cruises along Great Ocean Rd
3. Geelong for BBQ, then cruise to Queenscliffe to catch the car ferry across the bay to Sorrento, then cruise back to Melbourne... (cost could work out as much as Go-Karts but well worth the time ;))

Estimated cost (depending on which option we go for) will be approx $5pp for BBQ + extras for fuel and ferry costs if applic.

What are your thoughts?

edit: personally i strongly recommend option 3 (see here for info: http://www.queenscliff-ferry.com.au/flash/searoad.htm) If you have passengers along in your car, the cheaper it will be so you can split the costs... and just imagine the sight of 15-20+ FTOs driving up a ferry LOL..;)
Last edited by GPXXX on Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well i think option 3 is a great idea, cause at least theres a chance for everyone to get around the other side of town, whether u from the west or S.E.

Is a good all rounder, with good hwy, fwy, & a some winding rd around plus a trip on the ferry with your beloved FTO

Even though it might cost around the same as go-kart, at least you get your money well spend (time/money ratio)

Come on ppl how offen would u go on a group daily trip that goes around Victoria in one fantastic day??
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Yes Mikey Option number 3 sounds the best ! Count me in on that one !
:wink:
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Option 3 sounds great Mikey count me in! Are you doin the cooking thing again Mikey? :lol:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hehehe... peter if your woman insists then no i guess won't be cooking... i'm sure she's much better at it than me... ;)

well looks like we've had great feedback for option 3 so far but i'll leave this option open until the end of this week (Fri) before an official decision is made.

i promise you, this will be an awesome event to top off the year! :D
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

If I can make it I am in for option 3.
LED ALL the things.
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Option 3 is a great idea. I've been on this ferry before and it's very affordable. Plus, Sorrento is a great locale. It's actually my favourite holidaying place in Vic :D .

Unfortunately, I have work all day on sun 14/12 :( . Will try to come next time.
patty
Apprentice

Post by patty »

if we are going on option 3, what time are we going to start. If it is to early i might not be able to come as i have a 21st to go on sat avo.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Awesome, we've had excellent feedback so far about option 3 and by the looks of it, it's a go-er. So, attendees so far are:

Kevin (FTO338)
Peter (scracy)
Toni (SXCFTO)
Naomi (Nimz)
Eric (MADFTO)
Brendan (DZRYME)
Greg (fellow FTO owner from the Exclusive club)
Patrick (Patty)
Andrew (ruchi)
Chrisp
Shannon (jester) added
and finally... yours truly of course!

Our aim is to have about 15 cars all up (more pref'd if possible)... cruise sheets will be made available to everyone at the meeting point. Details are as below:

Date: 14th December 2003
Time of meet: 11:30am
Departure time: 12:00pm sharp
Meeting Location: KFC car park on the Westgate Fwy (just before the Westgate bridge)
Destination: BBQ @ Geelong. followed by a ferry ride across the bay from Queenscliff to Sorrento, and if time permitting, a short cruise to Arthur's Seat for a picnic break and head back to Melbourne afterwards.

Usual rules apply:

1. don't be a hero
2. drive at your own risk
3. stick to the road rules
4. ...most important of all - HAVE FUN!

More info about the ferry ride (again) --> http://www.queenscliff-ferry.com.au/flash/searoad.htm

If anybody needs to discuss more about this event in detail with me, feel free to send me a PM or gimme a buzz on 0401-136-103. I need firm attendance numbers (incl # of mates that you are bringing along) so I can arrange enough BBQ for everyone...
Last edited by GPXXX on Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Thanks for the PM Mikey, yeah count me in

Andrew (Ruchi)
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Mikey, this may be a stupid question, but are we meeting at the KFC that is Inbound or Outbound? Coz there are two KFC's on either side of the Westgate Freeway.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

DZYRME wrote:Mikey, this may be a stupid question, but are we meeting at the KFC that is Inbound or Outbound? Coz there are two KFC's on either side of the Westgate Freeway.
outbound dude - we'll be heading towards the Westgate bridge to go to Geelong for the BBQ... ;)

edit: i strongly recommend everyone to come along for this one, because i don't think anything like this has been done before in the Melburnian cruise scene, so it's gonna be awesome for us to be the first ones in Vic to do this... ;)
Last edited by GPXXX on Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JSP-INC
Grease Monkey

Post by JSP-INC »

sorry guys can't make this one.. :( :( :(
got a fair bit on with shoots... :roll:
Chrisp
Apprentice

Post by Chrisp »

yeah im keen.

how much does the ferry cost?

ill catcha all at KFC
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I am still not sure if I can make it to this one :cry:
If I can't, is there anyway I could get the stickers from you during the week, Mikey?
LED ALL the things.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hmmmmz... NO.

j/k mate... i'll see what i can do (i'm quite flat out busy this week) but yeh it'll be heaps easier if you could attend this weekend. otherwise in the worse case scenario then yeh it'll be on their way via snail mail...