18th Feb Cruise. Post up pics.

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FtoSam
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

18th Feb Cruise. Post up pics.

Post by FtoSam »

okay, after finding out that the soonest track day that is viable isnt till april, i thought i should start organising a cruise to do you all till then.
Now as usual we have options. I will hear what you have to say and then i will choose the option that I like best.. ahhaha nah.

Options:
1) Mountain Cruise (Maybe try Mt Nebo this time?)
2) Coast Cruise
3) Broadie Car Park Cruise
4) That idea someone had about the puzzle thingo in cars...
5) Go somewhere non-car related (i.e movie world, etc)
6) DIY Day. We all go somewhere big and help each other out with all the DIY's we've been putting off. (just an idea)

A combination of ideas
Dates:
16th Feb - Friday
17th Feb - Saturday
18th Feb - Sunday

Personally after having coast cruises and mountain cruises... i have to say not only are the mountains more fun but people dont get booked and lose their liscence.. hahaha.. sorry borep.

Okay by the 20th i want to have everyones opinions on what should we do and what date we should do it. From previous experience Sunday is going to be the most likely contender.

Opinions please.
Last edited by FtoSam on Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

BTW: i dont particularly want to hear "idea number 8 is crap" or anything. Just say what you want to do. If you do have something bad to say about someones wanting to do a particular thing, please keep it constructive and give reasons why you dont wanna do that. Now behave Kids!!! :twisted:
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

I am keen for an easy drive... or a DIY day - trouble is i have so many things i should fix up, not sure how well that would go.

Sundays are out for me always though - till early march.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Well i've finished 99% of my DIYs. So i'm more than happy to help with things ive done (massagers, neons, tinted tail lights, Headlight fix, etc) but thats not so much fun as giving one another a hand... and people who havent done any DIYs would be bored and useless...
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

Samson wrote:and people who havent done any DIYs would be bored and useless...
nothing like getting straight to the point :P

as for the cruise i would rather do mountain cruises or maybe go somwhere unrelated like lunch or dinner somewhere perhaps like the VIC people do.
or combine a cruise with eating...my two most favorite things :D driving and eating. I'm a happy man if I have those to things
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

DIY Day would be sweet :) Very good idea ..

*Might* be able to have it at my place, 'tis on 58acres between brissy and GC, so would be big enough for however many people turn up. Or, we could do all of the above - go on a mountain drive, bring tools and whatever for your DIY stuff, and have a BBQ in a park with a big carpark & help each other with DIY's ;) 8)
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

mr-charisma wrote:Or, we could do all of the above - go on a mountain drive, bring tools and whatever for your DIY stuff, and have a BBQ in a park with a big carpark & help each other with DIY's ;) 8)
um... i think that'll end up as a romantic long weekend get away... with a whole lot of ppl :? (i'm sure i've seen "movies" like that... possibly german lol) sorry dude i think that's cramming too many things in:
meet at 10
everyone arrives at noon
cruise somewhere for a few hrs
start looking for BBQ at 3pm
find a BBQ at 4
finish BBQ at 6
drive to somewhere for DIY for 1hr
someone gets pulled over for speeding :evil: :cry:
and so on...

probably not enough time for one day lol

and i personally think the DIY thing won't work too well. good idea, great idea actually, but i dont think much will get done in one day if there's too many ppl (remember most places only have 1 oven so we can only bake 1 set of fog lights or 1 head light at a time lol), and i'm not sure about u guys but what are the gfs etc going to do?

I'd suggest the cruise and then food thing, i'd say... mountain cruise then food this time.
then the next time that i can go, i'd suggest we drive to bribie or something then there's scooner's (that's probably not the right name) which does really really really good food (nothing fancy but seriously the best hot dog + burger with the works i've had anywhere) for a reasonable price.
but u guys cant go on the bribie one cos it's my idea (note to self: copyright that) and i want to go lol

well sorry to sound so down about all this :)

i'm just trying to rain on your parade because i cant go anyway lol
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

I get the most out of mountain cruises as well and like the idea of having food somewhere along the way. I think the mountain cruises are just a little easier to keep everyone in formation as well.

Saturdays would be the best for me but I can manage Sundays. I'd be out for any Friday night activities though unfortunately.
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

any sounds good, but ill be at double island pt from the 16th to the 18th.

Next time!
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
nosman
Grease Monkey

Post by nosman »

I got holidays from the 29th of January to the 11th of Feb. So if we can have it between those days that would be awsome :D

Cause Samson & Chelly know how keen i am to randomly leave to QLD lol.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

yeh mate.. u have no life.... Im thinking Mt Nebo sounds pretty good. Last mountain climb was awesome... even though we had that detour thanks robsta. What you guys think?
nosman
Grease Monkey

Post by nosman »

awww thanks dude :lol:
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

Samson wrote:yeh mate.. u have no life.... Im thinking Mt Nebo sounds pretty good. Last mountain climb was awesome... even though we had that detour thanks robsta. What you guys think?
you had to bring it up didn't you :(
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

robsta wrote:
Samson wrote:yeh mate.. u have no life.... Im thinking Mt Nebo sounds pretty good. Last mountain climb was awesome... even though we had that detour thanks robsta. What you guys think?
you had to bring it up didn't you :(
u know... in some way i'm sure i can blame you for me getting the ticket as well :P

um... maybe if we didnt take that detour then we would've been heading to the coast earlier, which mean... the cop might not have been there :P

lol jk jk, but i am pissed off about wasting my whole saturday polishing my cat just to have it covered in dust again so soon :evil: lol
topao
Veteran Mechanic

Post by topao »

Hey i want to do a DIY day, except im in nsw so i cant come :(
nosman
Grease Monkey

Post by nosman »

topao, that didnt stop me :? but i guess im 4hrs north from you. Maybe you should drive up to Port Macquarie and stay the night and then we can head off to QLD with our FTO's :P
Last edited by nosman on Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GarryD
Grease Monkey

Post by GarryD »

Mountains sounds good push the little bugger through some tight turns
topao
Veteran Mechanic

Post by topao »

nosman wrote:topao, that didnt stop me :? but i guess im 4hrs north from you. Maybe you should drive up to Port Macquarie and stay the night and then we can head off to QLD with our FTO's :P
I could do that since im on on holidays for the next month :lol: maybe i will come after all
nosman
Grease Monkey

Post by nosman »

Exactly....... * in homer voice*
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Righto. How does this sound to everyone.

Date: 18th Feb
Details: Meet at the alderly Arms Hotel as per usual around 9am.
say around 9:30-10 we leave for mount Nebo. We have a blast letting our fto's make sweet love to the beautiful corners. Should be done by 12
Then head back towards the city. Stop at a park (yet to suss one out) and have a bbq. I could bring break and butter. and everyone bring their own meat. Chels can bring a salad. lol.
While munchin on some lunch we can look over one anothers cars. Pop bonnets and doors etc etc.

Hows that? Provides a good oportunity to have a feed and a chat as well as a good drive. I dont think we will go down the coast or anything after last time. But people who live down that way may wish to have a mini-cruise back home. Same with sunshine coast people. I remember a lot of people being limited last time by the cost of fuel etc. So if we just go bris to Mt nebo (which is a little bit closer than mount glorious) then back again then that should be very do-able for everyone.

Opinions?