FTO Virgin...

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

virtumonde
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO Virgin...

Post by virtumonde »

I've just placed a deposit on a 1997 Manual FTO GPX from Fuji Motor sports. Subject to a inspection, I will probably get the FTO by the end of the week. Its got 68K on the clock and generally in excellent condition.

Just thought I intro myself and fingers crossed on the inspection ! :D

I can't WAIT :lol:
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Nice & low km's :) Sound like a sweet little ride ;) Make sure you post pics when you get it home 8)

Does it have anything done to it? Or is it stock standard?
virtumonde
Apprentice

Post by virtumonde »

It's stock as a rock minus the POD air filter.

I was tossing up between the GPX and the Spec R Aero on the lot which a whole bunch of mods. I would of really liked the Spec R but it wasn't in as good condition as the GPX. The GPX exterior was pretty much faultless except some minor scratches but the interior was absolutely immaculate.

I hope everything goes well . :roll:
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Did you screw him down on price because of the scratches? & also check the car for sign of previous accident etc that could shave off a few extra wads of cash?
virtumonde
Apprentice

Post by virtumonde »

The inspection guy on Monday will have with him a paint micrometer to measure the thickness of the paint so he can tell if its been resprayed, etc. All faults I've found will be fixed before i get the car plus whatever is found by StateRoads. If I'm not happy with the report, I simply get back my deposit :D
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

virtumonde wrote:The inspection guy on Monday will have with him a paint micrometer to measure the thickness of the paint so he can tell if its been resprayed, etc. All faults I've found will be fixed before i get the car plus whatever is found by StateRoads. If I'm not happy with the report, I simply get back my deposit :D
That's fricken awesome :) Hope the inspection comes back clean :)
How much does it cost to have the micrometer test done?
virtumonde
Apprentice

Post by virtumonde »

Inspection came back fantastic. Overall the car is in tip top condition.

- found two small scratches
- the rear wing has a tiny crack on it
- the right foggy wasn't working
- front brake rotors needed to machined and front brake pads were at 50%.

Other then that everything else passed. They will all be fixed and oh, my steering wheel will be replaced with another factory one from another FTO because it had a slight cut in the leather and was tearing.

I should get the car Friday. I can't wait !!!!! :D

The paint test was part of the inspection fee which came to $189 (www.stateroads.com.au).
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

Another FujiMotor customer. I purchased my FTO there a year ago and still loving it.

BTW, how much did you pay for it??
virtumonde
Apprentice

Post by virtumonde »

Paying $15.5K for it. I knew the car was in fantastic condition. I tried darn hard to get it down lower but it was originally $18990. I'm happy with the price.

Ive also decided to get 3 years warranty instead of the 12 given. Bit of peace of mind.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

virtumonde wrote:Paying $15.5K for it. I knew the car was in fantastic condition. I tried darn hard to get it down lower but it was originally $18990. I'm happy with the price.

Ive also decided to get 3 years warranty instead of the 12 given. Bit of peace of mind.
good snatch by the sound of it :)
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

congrats mate..u will be happy.
virtumonde
Apprentice

Post by virtumonde »

Finally got the car today :D :D :D

Heres some pics:

Arrrgh, as part of compliance, they removed the foggies and move the indicators inside. Reason being that its hard to see the indicator in the day, esp for traffic perpendicular to the car (i.e. round about). I was handed the working foggies if i wanted to return it to how it was before compliance. For some reason i reckon it looks better without the fog lights???

Now for a full overhaul to get the car in tip top shape.

Getting alarm install next weekend.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

perrrrtty lol

just put the fog lights on the outside holes.

i personally like fog lights cos they spread the light out to the side so it makes it easier to spot cats and cane toads at night (i avoid the cats cos they will dmg the car and try to run over the toads lol)