khunjeng
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by khunjeng »

S1LVERFISH wrote:kaz is making a special guest apperance? cool :D

bad news about KJ, but we've still got the numbers
and 80% of the planning done... so hopefully everyone
else is still confirmed... see you all monday :wink:
yeah kinda sucks. Might still beable to get the car in. Trying to negoitaie with the other half.

As for the better offer..yeah racing at PI is a better offer but actually just got ordered a set of r-comps and ray forged rims for the track days...I cant let them go to waste...track days are what its all about.

Will help out still though and see what happens closing date is still a few weeks away.
m3nG
Grease Monkey

Post by m3nG »

just signed up to the autoalson online.. although im still not 100% sure that ill be able to make it.. :cry: Im prepin` the car for a full respray but havent really had the time to work on it.. its been sitting in the garage for about a month now.. busy workin on weekdays and out and about on weekends.. anyways this is how it currently looks..

not really auto salon material right now ey..
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

well we could always tow it in and say it's a work in progress ...lol :lol:
m3nG
Grease Monkey

Post by m3nG »

sxcfto wrote:well we could always tow it in and say it's a work in progress ...lol :lol:
LOL i like ya positive thinking toni... theres still about a month to go so fingers crossed it'll be glowing under the spot lights.. if not then.. sorry guys... :(
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Just spray everything completely white.......then ask questions later. :twisted:
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
m3nG
Grease Monkey

Post by m3nG »

LOL.. if only it was that easy...
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

hey meng since your doing such a detailed job .... maybe you could do my car in preparation for semi finals ! :wink:
The Chase is better than the Catch !
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Hey guys, Can i get some pics when this goes down???
also if any of you are interested in coming up for bris autosalon, feel free!

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Samson wrote:Hey guys, Can i get some pics when this goes down???
also if any of you are interested in coming up for bris autosalon, feel free!
if your not comming down here...then why should we go up there?
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Hey Meng...you getting it professionally sprayed? Or are you doing it yourself? Let me know if you're doing it yourself coz wouldn't mind having a look.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
m3nG
Grease Monkey

Post by m3nG »

decided to do it myself.. not due to financial wise but perfection.. Ive taken the car apart to make sure everything gets sprayed properly. Ive spoken to a few of my mates who are qualified spray painters and Ive been told that it'll cost me a cpl a hundred or so to hire out an oven to spray it in.. so still deciding whether i should bring it there or just mask up my garage and hire a blow heater. Ill let you know when i plan on spraying it .. possibly sunday next week..
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Let me get this right, is your friends a professional spray painter or panel beaters?

Mask up your garage and use a blow heater? I like to see what will happen to your paint and your garage then.

I've got a mate who is a panel beater, and i've seen him builded a professional oven, its not your "joel blow" slap together garage and flick a hair drier.

If you serious about perfection, pay the money and let the professional do it. Just because you might saw it on Google, it doesn't mean that you can do a better job then those does it for living. Well except for those "back yards blitz" from Sprinvale and St Alban.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

FTO338 wrote:Let me get this right, is your friends a professional spray painter or panel beaters?

Mask up your garage and use a blow heater? I like to see what will happen to your paint and your garage then.

I've got a mate who is a panel beater, and i've seen him builded a professional oven, its not your "joel blow" slap together garage and flick a hair drier.

If you serious about perfection, pay the money and let the professional do it. Just because you might saw it on Google, it doesn't mean that you can do a better job then those does it for living. Well except for those "back yards blitz" from Sprinvale and St Alban.
Fair go If he wants to do it let him have a go and see what happens, it might be good in the end. Reserve judgement until you see the results.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Professional oven use 6 to 9 high voltage thermal heater or what ever u call them, to slowly distribute the heat evenly up to 70-120 degree. The wall is also insulated with special heat proof material and also have at least 2 special exhaust fan.

Tell me when you use a hair dryer on a wet paint surface, what will happen? It will either makes the paint run or crack when you constantly blowing at the same direction.

The idea is bascally same as lock yourself in a room, mask all the windows and doors and then try to roast a chicken with a heat gun instead of using an oven.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
m3nG
Grease Monkey

Post by m3nG »

yeah thats fair enough.. everyone has thier right to thier own opinon.. guess we'll just have to see the finsh product to really judge.. :?
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

blower wont work, you need radiant heat.
Using blower will also pick up all the dust from the ground and stick it on your fresh paint.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

mxysxy wrote:blower wont work, you need radiant heat.
Using blower will also pick up all the dust from the ground and stick it on your fresh paint.
On the money Max, not just dust will cause the problem, the paint will be uneven and bubble. Just look at the other member who spray painted his own wheels.

It looks good from far, but far from good. :lol:

I like having a go at everything too, I DIY heaps of things with lots of my old cars, infact most of the stuff on my old FTO was DIY, but certain things are just not mean to be DIY.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

if this isn't Autosalon related PM eitehr other.
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

Hey, I've just organised to crash at a mates place so I'll be rocking up to see all the entries on Sunday. No-ones planning to disappear on the Saturday are they?

I may as well be a viccie member btw, I'm in new south but closer to Melbourne than Sydney.
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Good work come and introduce yourself to us .. the boys will welcome you in the club with a drink Im sure !