Group Buy: CCFL Rings to make Angel Eyes

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BorepYano
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by BorepYano »

1. BorepYano (TBD)
2. noccers (Green)
3. Bigpitty1 (White)
4. TCGPX (White)
5. boarsai (TBD)
6. drewby (UV High Beams / GREEN Low Beams)
7. Samson (White High beams, Maybe Blue Low beams)
8. Sparhawk (White High-beams, Blue Low-beams)
9. Richy (atm White)
10. noccers (White)
11. fto816 (red)
12. sublime19 (White)
13. APZ-312 (UV High Beams Blue Low Beams)
14. glamorous (TBD)
15. Phantom (TBD)
phantom wrote: this is the first ive heard of this... lol... god she just puts me down for anything.. i better check our internet history and see what else im joining, or have become a member of... but in this case its a good choice.. im in.
lol how cute,
Q: when do you know that you are trapped?
A: when she's living your life for you

lol jk jk

and lol soorry TCGPX, u r no longer going to be special (if it'll make you happy you can get 4 different colours and u'll still be special then lol)

and they dont come with clips, the clips only come with the BM ones, they said to just use glue, and the pics will be up soon, it's hard to up load pics when u are runnign on 64k
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

phantom wrote:this is the first ive heard of this... lol... god she just puts me down for anything.. i better check our internet history and see what else im joining, or have become a member of... but in this case its a good choice.. im in.
Don't let her near your phone with any of those *~delightful!~* SMS numbers then.
Mate of mine lent his phone to a friend who did it.
Someone was going thru his phone and started reading them out to the group, "So big boy, are you feeling cheeky?" and the like.
He's never going to live it down :wink:
BorepYano wrote:and lol soorry TCGPX, u r no longer going to be special (if it'll make you happy you can get 4 different colours and u'll still be special then lol)

There's special, then theres S P E C I A L ...

I'll stick to the white thanx mate.
[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1613/sigpic2se2.jpg[/img]
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

TCGPX wrote:
phantom wrote:this is the first ive heard of this... lol... god she just puts me down for anything.. i better check our internet history and see what else im joining, or have become a member of... but in this case its a good choice.. im in.
Don't let her near your phone with any of those *~delightful!~* SMS numbers then.
Mate of mine lent his phone to a friend who did it.
Someone was going thru his phone and started reading them out to the group, "So big boy, are you feeling cheeky?" and the like.
He's never going to live it down :wink:
lol before u go to sleep, send urself a message. then when your sleeping and your girlfriend / wife looks at your phone, she sees a message saying "get out of my phone b*tch! dont back me wake up n bitchslap u back to taiwan!!"
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

hey guys i just finished all photos etc, up loading them as i'm typing

ust so excited and thought i'd let you guys know lol
kiz wrote:
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

what you get:

what it looks like

Image Image

Image Image

and all the write up

we all know how to take the light apart by baking it blah blah blah, if you dont know then just look it up :)

once u have just that plastic bit, put the lights in, see where it should sit then mark it out. mark out where you want the wiring to go through, if you look at my photos the wiring is on the side, it's probably better if you stick them through the top because then u wont be able to see them and also it hides the bit that's not lit up as well.

then drill a could of holes where the light sits (where ever that's easy), and use either plastic bog or another kind of adhisive, and that's all you have to do. in fact you dont actually have yo drill the holes if u can find some adhisive that will take the 100C to 150C of baking to put the light back together, i drilled the holes because i had some plastic bog laying around and i was lazy, seriously it's not hard all you have to do is wahtever you want to use just make sure it's behind the light when u look at it from front on so it's hidden when everythign gets put back together.

then as you put the bits back together, drill a hole somewhere in the casing and let the wiring out. and then once u put the lights back together, plastic bog the hole up when they've cooled down.

and i think that's all...

any questions class? lol
kiz wrote:
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

I've got a question...

When can we get ours, now that I've seen em installed I want them even more! Just the look I was after :D

Love your work.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

lol cheers dude :)

i'll hit the ftooc board tonight with the photos and ask for an EOI and leave them 2 weeks to place an order

I've run into a small problem with ordering, they want a min of 50 per colour, which would be fine for white, but since i'm only ordering 100 in total, we can either order all white or 50 white and 50 another colour, i'll talk to them and see if i can sort something out, maybe offer a little more $ for them to make the colours to order or something.

i'll keep u all posted, i should have it sorted out by monday night.
kiz wrote:
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

ok, everything's sorted

UV is avaliable but only in 4mm tube thickness (as apposed the 6mm tubs that i got as samples, the actual diameter of the circle should be ver similar if not the same). different colours are also not a problem now.

so does anyone have an account on the FTOOC forum? i'm too much of a tight ass to pay to post there lol

i just put a post up on http://www.ftoclub.com/ to see if they can raise the numbers for this.

and i'll probably put a post up on www.fto-ireland.com and http://www.ftowa.com/ tonight just to see if i can raise the numbers.

and give them a couple of weeks to respond then, then work out a definate price (btw it's looking more towards $50 rather than $60 :) ) i'll send PMs to everyone asking for deposits :)
kiz wrote:
joelang86

Post by joelang86 »

1. BorepYano (TBD)
2. noccers (Green)
3. Bigpitty1 (White)
4. TCGPX (White)

5. boarsai (TBD)
6. drewby (UV High Beams / GREEN Low Beams)
7. Samson (White High beams, Maybe Blue Low beams)
8. Sparhawk (White High-beams, Blue Low-beams)
9. Richy (atm White)
10. noccers (White)
11. fto816 (red)
12. sublime19 (White)
13. APZ-312 (UV High Beams Blue Low Beams)
14. glamorous (TBD)
15. Phantom (TBD)
16. joelang86 (White)

*woohoooo first post :D
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

ok, price is pretty much set.

$55 per set + $5 postage unless u are going to pick it up from me.

each set will actually cost me just over $50, but postage depending on where will cost between $5 -10, so i think it should work out even.

but i get mine for free now, cos i'm going to steal the samples from work lol.

anyways, I'm going to be sending PMs to people on the list... probably on thursday, to confirm/double check the order (including colour and size), then i think i'm going to ask for a $30 deposite, but feel free to pay the whole amount lol (mainly because i can't afford the $1200something that i'll have to pay my boss for them before i can place the order lol)

latest list:

1. BorepYano (all UV)
2. noccers (all green)
3. Bigpitty1 (all White)
4. TCGPX (all White)
5. boarsai (TBD)
6. drewby (95mm UV, 80mm GREEN)
7. Samson (95mm White, 80mm blue)
8. Sparhawk (95mm White, 80mm Blue)
9. Richy (all White)
10. noccers (all White)
11. fto816 (all red)
12. sublime19 (all White)
13. APZ-312 (95mm UV, 80mm Blue)
14. glamorous (TBD)
15. Phantom (TBD)
16. joelang86 (all White)

oh and a couple of things i forgot to mention on the brief diy, remember my lights are white, so they will look different on your car (i just thought if i was going to get uv white would look trippy as hell lol), and dont try to force them into place cos i still have little bits of glass stuck in my hand from the one i broke (i made some out of acrylic a while ago, wich was flexible and obviously glass isnt).
kiz wrote:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

BorepYano wrote:so does anyone have an account on the FTOOC forum? i'm too much of a tight ass to pay to post there lol
lol at b0reps entrepreneurial side "No worries I'll just whack it on every forum on the planet" :lol: I'll start calling ya Max.

I've got an account on the OC, but I'll get Vince or one of the other mods to look here first :wink:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

ok those seriously look good.

never thought i'd say this but good job man :D

anyway, iu hope u put up a step by step diy guide, as i dont have a spare set of lights in case i mess sumthing up!!
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
copbait

Post by copbait »

1. BorepYano (all UV)
2. noccers (all green)
3. Bigpitty1 (all White)
4. TCGPX (all White)
5. boarsai (TBD)
9. Richy (all White)
10. noccers (all White)
11. fto816 (all red)
14. glamorous (TBD)
15. Phantom (TBD)
17. copbait (all white)

How do we go about getting the deposit to you?
Can we pay it direct to your boss with VISA?
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

Bennoz wrote:lol at b0reps entrepreneurial side "No worries I'll just whack it on every forum on the planet" :lol: I'll start calling ya Max.
Actually Ben, I put him up to that. I noticed when I was researching the whole thing that the Poms had a thread going on it too. It just wasn't going anywhere...
Was going to let em flounder till we got ours up and running, but Bor3p needed numbers so I threw the suggestion at him.
sublime19 wrote:ok those seriously look good.
never thought i'd say this but good job man :D
Never thought I'd see the day where sublime gave Bor3p a compliment! 8O
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Sorry mate...
Im out..
Other expenses for now.
Sorry.

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
fto-gr

Post by fto-gr »

1. BorepYano (all UV)
2. noccers (all green)
3. Bigpitty1 (all White)
4. TCGPX (all White)
5. boarsai (TBD)
9. Richy (all White)
10. noccers (all White)
11. fto816 (all red)
14. glamorous (TBD)
15. Phantom (TBD)
17. copbait (all white)
18. fto-gr (all white)

Oooo Ooooo me me!!! As long as your willing to post all the way to Scotland :D
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Samson wrote:Sorry mate...
Im out..
Other expenses for now.
Sorry.
ZOMG!!! WTFF!!! the neverending hole of money that is Samson can't afford $60, im shocked 8O 8O
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

Samson wrote:Im out...
you r *~delightful!~*. lol jk jk, np mate :) i should have some spares from this GB left, so u can always ask very nicely later :lol:

updated the list:

1. BorepYano (all UV)
2. noccers (all green)
3. Bigpitty1 (all White)
4. TCGPX (all White)
5. boarsai (TBD)
7. Sparhawk (95mm White, 80mm Blue)
8. Richy (all White)
9. noccers (all White)
10. fto816 (all red)
11. sublime19 (all White)
12. APZ-312 (95mm UV, 80mm Blue)
13. glamorous (TBD)
14. Phantom (TBD)
15. joelang86 (all White)
16. copbait (all white)
17. fto-gr (all white)
copbait wrote:How do we go about getting the deposit to you?
Can we pay it direct to your boss with VISA?
i'll post up my bank details on thursday here, and I'll PM everyone on the list with it on thursday as well. no you can't just pay it direct to my boss because there's a lot of transactions coming and going through the work accounts, chances are i (nor will anyone at work) wont be able to keep a track of who's paid what, so too messy :) hope you can understand :wink:
TCGPX wrote:Actually Ben, I put him up to that. I noticed when I was researching the whole thing that the Poms had a thread going on it too. It just wasn't going anywhere...
Was going to let em flounder till we got ours up and running, but Bor3p needed numbers so I threw the suggestion at him.
lol yeah, i mean i'm going have to order 25sets regardless, any less it'll end up working out to something like $70/$80 per set, which is kinda stupid. so the less i have sitting in my cupboard the better lol (i can only use one set at a time lol, so i have better things to do with my $$ than "investing" it in ccfl rings lol
TCGPX wrote:Never thought I'd see the day where sublime gave Bor3p a compliment! 8O
yeah me too, lol, subbie must be drunk :lol: non the less thanx dude :)
Bennoz wrote:I've got an account on the OC, but I'll get Vince or one of the other mods to look here first ;)
thanks for that ben :)

and yes sublime, i'll organise the DIY a bit more when i get a chance to, probably with in the next week or so (but seriously it's not hard at all, come'on I DID IT WHEN I WAS DRINKING lol)

EDIT: fto-gr, I can if you are serious about it, but i think it might cost a little bit more than $5 for postage though, i just looked it up quick and i think it might cost somewhere between $10 to $20 aud for postage.

BTW, a little off topic here, but is it just me or is FTOwa and FTO-irland dead?
kiz wrote:
fto-gr

Post by fto-gr »

EDIT: fto-gr, I can if you are serious about it, but i think it might cost a little bit more than $5 for postage though, i just looked it up quick and i think it might cost somewhere between $10 to $20 aud for postage.
Yeah, I'm serious. That sounds okay to me.
1995 Steel Silver Manual (Yes Manual!!!!) GR
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

fto-gr wrote:Yeah, I'm serious. That sounds okay to me.
ok :)

payment might be a little bit of bitch cos different countries and all, but we can work something out, paypal maybe.
be in touch soon :)
kiz wrote: