Pom just got a few Questions

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

d7jab
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Pom just got a few Questions

Post by d7jab »

Hello there, i know this is real early for you guys and gals but hey what the heck!

Im asuming your FTO specs are identical to the ones imported to the UK...for example our cars over here have to be slighly adjusted to UK law, like lights and fog lights etc...

If they are the same which im sure they are...how much can you guys get body kits for and how easy is it? I would really like a Veilside black body kit but they are just wayyyyyyyy too much money here.

Also FTOS a common site in Oz?

Thanks for your help guys!
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

you can get a veilside kit here for about $1500 aus.
Whats an FTO?
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Hey,

First of all an FTO here in Oz is strickly an import.
Where as for you guys over there in UK, it's officially a local car.

You guys have parts more readily avilable then us here in Oz where getting parts is a paint.

However, this site is very good, and once again thank you to stephen Morisson for creating and maintaining this site for us all over the world, in that people have things to sell...

The other day I just bought a Veilside front bar for a very good price. It was a second hand one but it's in good condition...
Ofcourse it isn't a genuine one but these days who can really tell...

So post of topic here and say I am looking for a veilside body kit and hope some one will reply soon....
Otherwise you are really look at some where about the price Raven is saying up to over $2000 for real veilside kits...and that's just for the front bar.... :?

So good luck and hope this explains few tihngs here in OZ..

Cheers,
markyboy
Apprentice

Bodykits

Post by markyboy »

Hi D7jab-you will have seen my on the smartgroups forum as im from scotland.Importing bodykits is very very expensive.The price might be cheaper to buy but you are talking around £300-£400 to ship the bumper.A full kit costs more.This pushes the price up drastically for any UK owner.I can get bodykits--replica one though at decent prices and have sold quite a few in the UK already...I would say sourse one from the UK rather than trying to import.I would say only import if you want a genuine kit which is hard to get in the UK....
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Veilside replica kits are the most affordable and readily available kits on the market for the FTO, but as with any replicas you take a chance on build and fit quality.

You shouldn't have any problems sourcing Veilside kits in the UK, unless you want the genuine real deal which would cost an arm and leg 9and then some)!!